What you want in the Future

Or they just like to talk, period.
polyedit2000
Site Admin

What you want in the Future

Postby polyedit2000 » Sat May 21, 2011 11:56 am

Just come up with something you guys want to see when cars can hover and robots look sexy in maid uniforms.

For me, I would simply have a search engine for the house. One that can tell me I have active dry yeast and points me to where I can find it. Probably have a log to know how much needs to be replaced. Probably put in an add-on for recipes I can use with what I have. That would be useful.

LadyNajahIllios

Re: What you want in the Future

Postby LadyNajahIllios » Sat May 21, 2011 10:03 pm

That's pretty easy.

I want a computer interface that I can sit in. Basically a chair and holographic projections, like what Tony Stark has in the Iron Man movie when he's working in his shop at home. A computer that I can talk to, that has a personality of its own, and a visual computer interface that I can actually interract with... and that interacts with me.

irRESPondible

Postby irRESPondible » Sun May 22, 2011 10:46 am

ME WANTS PERSOCOM!!!!
If you think I'm just crazy, it's because you haven't toured into my mind, yoh. CHALE-ALÉ!

Paintchips

Postby Paintchips » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:26 am

LadyNajahIllios wrote:That's pretty easy.

I want a computer interface that I can sit in. Basically a chair and holographic projections, like what Tony Stark has in the Iron Man movie when he's working in his shop at home. A computer that I can talk to, that has a personality of its own, and a visual computer interface that I can actually interract with... and that interacts with me.

I don't know about the whole talking to the computer thing but..... ... 3M has recently created a technology using a pain of glass and a short throw projector. The technology that 3M produced is two peace of stuff that resembles window tint. On the top of the glass is a Tint that is touch sensitive ( this works as a USB mouse like peripheral ), on the bottom is a peace of tint that displaces light to the outskirt edges of itself. Thus you arn't blinded by the light of the short throw projector shooting light up at you... Very blinding..

The result looks like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaiRLpuwDZ0

TheUnies

Postby TheUnies » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:15 pm

I can think of one thing that I would really want. Contacts or ocular implants that allow for an interactive AR HUD interface, that could interpret specific motions of the eye and relay information to the retina or ocular nerve. This could be used a mouse on computer screens, a search engine based on what the eye focuses on, or in a plethora of other ways.

Paintchips

Postby Paintchips » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:00 pm

Cancerous Cataracts, that doesn't sound fun at all. O . o LOL

kite-san

Postby kite-san » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:41 pm

i want a wearable computer where the monitor has external sh ape similar to a Virtual Boy, or other object int he same vein, and a subvocalization pickup mic. Mostly because i really like big, bulky blindfolds, and the notion of being able to write things while heavily bound, which is invariably when inspiration goes through the moon.

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Postby polyedit2000 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:24 pm

I want some sort of sure-fire method to get rid of this spam. Or at least some way to ensure that they go into the trap I set up for them.

Also, armless controller-tans with rumble action would be nice to play with. On the consoles, I mean.

irRESPondible

Postby irRESPondible » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:28 pm

polyedit2000 wrote:I want some sort of sure-fire method to get rid of this spam. Or at least some way to ensure that they go into the trap I set up for them.

Also, armless controller-tans with rumble action would be nice to play with. On the consoles, I mean.

About the spam, try to ban the access to those accounts that have three time a letter, then three times another letter and... you know, like ttthhhkkklll or lllgggfffmmm or the so. Those accounts post the same kind of spam. AND I'm PRETTY TIRED OF REPORTING THOSE THINGS!!
If you think I'm just crazy, it's because you haven't toured into my mind, yoh. CHALE-ALÉ!

Return to “Suggestion Box (Idea Rant)”