Adv. Agriculture at Hogwarts

Or they just like to talk, period.
Sebastian

Adv. Agriculture at Hogwarts

Postby Sebastian » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:41 pm

Before I have to get off the computer and how around the house here I have one idea I wanted to share.

In an advanced class of Specialized Flora care and production there is a full class credit you can get for the year if you volunteer for this one duties.
Just something silly I thought about the other day.
Begining of the year you apply for this duty and you are excused from classes that year and are assigned a tutor. The trick of it is, you will be part of the Advanced class project for a whole year and be stuck in the class room for the duration. Part of the class assignments to boil down a special bark and collect the essence for use in a potion in the ... Advanced Potions class.
The tree that this bark comes from is the flesh tree which is a person that has been turned poisoned with the leaf of another flesh tree. Once you eat the leaves you will develop an instinctive urge to plant yourself in the ground with in 24 hours. Once planted you body will go rigid almost immediately.
Now that you are potted and rigid you retain consciousness and some eye movement with some grunting. To feed all your need is sun and some water. It takes a year for the bark to grow over the body, that is why a tutor is assigned to each flesh tree student to read to them. After about two months the skin takes on the appearance of barkless wood, this shows that hte body has turned into a living tree. Now for the remainder of the year the bark skin will grow over as will branches and leaves. Besides the bark, the sap leaves and small flowers are also used for other advanced classes.
After three months the skin has finished turing to the meat of the tree and now the clothing must be removed. If left on it will tear, be buried under the bark and diminish the effects of sun light. Houses can earn points for now much can be extracted from the flesh tree and how healthy they are as well.
6 months and the bark has covered the body. thin as it is you know its mature bark when the ear nose and eyes are covered over for one month. Once the last month of hte school year has come around all potted flesh tree students are taken to the largest green house and are removed from the pots. Support lines are tied around the now long and sturdy branches so the feet roots can dangle free and be cleaned of all dirt. Now the bark is carefully removed and taken inside to dry before boiling them down. The now barkless flesh trees are lowered to beds where they will spend the next month turning back to students. The only way to turn a flesh tree back to human is to remove it from the soil and the remove the bark.

Just an idea I would through out there.
Sebastian

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Re: Adv. Agriculture at Hogwarts

Postby polyedit2000 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:07 am

Hm...Three things came to mind: I thought Herminone would be in this, I suspect Neville could be in this, and I know wands with that material would be awkward.

Anyway, I have some ideas for Plantwarts-

Hedging Wards: There are two levels of this spell, all functioning the same way. Initially, this spell was used to cocoon garden gnomes in vines and transmutate them into bushes. While the bushes can be trimmed, the bushes will always regrow into its familiar shape. In fact, the only known ways to reverse the transformation is to either take down the wards or relocate the bush outside of the wards. The second level of this spell was initially created to keep Animagus out, though a previously undiscovered alteration could also affect humans, making this a potential dark spell.

Dragon's Pea: When you see a mess of vines with pea pods on it and you get too close, you're end up getting wrapped up and then spat out as one green pod. The pod is shaped like a lovely female due to the additions of giant peas in the pod. It is called the Dragon's Pea because it cannot be cut by knives or magic, and it is said to be immune to the effects of Dementors and Inferni. It can also float in water and doesn't burn. However, it is possible to open up the pod by simply locating a knot hidden in the seam (usually located near the crotch).

...I'll post the rest tomorrow after I sort them out.

kite-san

Postby kite-san » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:51 pm

oooh... though one begs the question of surreptitiously altered consent forms and if after the bark is stripped, rather than laying them down to convert back to a student they got replanted....

Angel's Snare - a variant of devil's snare, created by planting a living human who has the devil's snare seeds wrapped to them via mummification in bandages soaked in provegetative elixers. The main goal of developing the variant was to create a devil's snare that was a more effective security system due to being able to tell friend from foe, and sneak up on foe, rather than just be set on fire. Generally it's considered advisible to only plant consenting volunteers of an appropriate gender to whomever maintains the compound thus secured, as regular visits to their vegetatively recreated body at the heart of the plant are required to ensure one's continued status as 'friend.'

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Postby polyedit2000 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:49 am

You know, I was thinking of a Wrapping Willow or a Devil Snare Variant. Couldn't decide which one was better, though.

Dryas Mergius: This spell turns the target into a class of dryad, notably with woody skin and vine-like hair. The dryad form is not mentally different from flesh, but if the dryad touches a wooden object like a trunk or book stand (anything bigger than a wand), they will merge with the object in question, looking like the object with some dryad features. This merging does not seem to work with other plants. Despite being a dark art, chopping them does not destroy their mind and they have a magical resistance to fire. Humes Demergius is the reversal spell used to separate the dryad from the object or revert the dryad back to a human, regardless of the number of fragments left.

Morning Wood: This seed usually hides in the hair of a passerby, growing quickly overnight. The victim cannot move, though they can still creak the wood though they cannot break it with common wizard strength. The victim is encased in a shell of wood, all features almost like the original except for a hole or a knot where either the crotch or mouth is. The wood also releases a pheromone that sexually arouses other creatures. These creatures (ideally human), are compelled to please themselves with the wooden dolls, causing the wood to grow and encase the other mates. The pheromone does not seem to wear off when more people are collected, though it can be easily avoided by wearing gas masks, which wizards sadly have not realized yet.

Magic Mushrooms and Couch Potatos...should I explain?

Sebastian

Postby Sebastian » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:32 am

Couch Potato sounds interesting. There is always great potential to being stuck to the furniture.

kite-san

Postby kite-san » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:35 pm

the question is, is the couch potato a person stuck to a couch, or a potato shaped like a couch that extracts the energy to grow from the people it entraps in vines sitting upon it?

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Postby polyedit2000 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:40 pm

That's a pretty good question. I think the couch potato, after exposure to whatever the catalyst is, is a person who becomes a potato, and then rooted to a structure, I imagine the innards to be either foamy or mashed, preventing any useful movement, though with roots growing in the brain, the person might not really care about doing anything (to get free). Originally, I was thinking of having an exposed face, but since potatoes have eyes, perhaps the face should be blank. And if this were a muggle place, they probably would have probes in them to siphon electricity or upload knowledge.

Hm...Dragon Fruit? Well, a dragonfruit is a red fruit with green "scales" with a white fruitmeat and black seeds. Since Gillyweed gives people gills, Dragon Fruit obviously has to make people dragon-like.

Pomegranate? In Greek Myth, eating one seed means one month in hell. I guess if somebody eats magical pomegranate, they have to fill themselves with an equal amount of people, packed in a clear gooey cocoon.

I got it. Parselweed: removes the limbs of a person and gives them a snake-like skin. At least you can speak snake for a while. Or maybe fruitweed?

kite-san

Postby kite-san » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:59 am

some types of mandrake scream when you uproot them. some make you scream.

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Postby polyedit2000 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:13 pm

Ah, now I recall thinking about a Womandrake, seeing as mandrakes are described as ugly babies that are put in cradles after uprooting. No offense to anyone reading this.

Speaking of which, some plants have pus.

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Postby polyedit2000 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:36 pm

When looking in Sebastian's inks to do some fancolors, I couldn't help but imagine that Proteus could sometimes be Herme...Hermo...Hermoniene? (looks up wiki) Ah, Hermione. Anyway, you notice how some people pair Hermione with Ron, aka wizard chess player, and not only is wizard chess active but there was a giant version in the first book? Alternative Ending.

Now that I think about it, there should also be a giant rubber snake roaming about...

Anyway, watch out for the Bareback Birch. According to the Quibbler, these birch are easily identified by a large missing patch of bark big enough for a human and some discarded clothes (if lucky). Apparently, the wood under the bark is very absorbent, but it doesn't eat plants or worms (aka cotton, silk and rubber). Even when absorbed, victims still retain limited mobility as the sap within the trees are plentiful; attendants should drain some of the sap to decrease the mobility but not enough to weaken the integrity of the tree.

stalker5999

Postby stalker5999 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:05 pm

A bit of a variant to Polyedit2000's Pomegranate suggestion, a hybrid of Pomegranate and Pitcher Plant, a person who consumes the fruit, becomes a larger, hollowed out plant of themselves not unlike some of Sebastian's golem works, and are compelled to 'fill up' with a set number of people to equal the plants own power or how many of the fruit was consumed beforehand?

a magical equivalent to honeysuckle, if one consumes the nectar of this plant, they begin to release a thick liquid of the nectar itself, steadily coating themselves down, melting away any bit of clothing not properly enchanted fabrics. The nectar secreted would thicken, matching like descriptions of 'nonsense' and pinning the wizard, or half hazard muggle in place as a living 'stalk' as the outer layer of the nectar like a strong unyielding elastic plant skin. Once set, buds begin to grow all about the body, some of the more 'erotic' areas as well as common place like atop the head, cheek, shoulders arms so forth. The blooms give off a powerful and mind dulling fragrance that draws a creature or person in to suckle upon the dew from these buds. The act stimulates the entrapped person in turn but also the bud, allowing it to bloom to the full sight of the honeysuckle flower. Should one not manage to avoid suckling more, the blossom seals shut over the second person and forces the transforming nectar into their system, becoming a 'honeysuckle shrub' to grow more alluring. The upside to this is many toxins and poison that slowly eat away ones health is 'leached' from the body, and invigorates the turned people in kind. Though troubling to remove, the 'shell' that encases the person makes an excellent finite holding case material as well as powder used for many physical augmenting potions. Though do to the erotic nature one experiences its not normally 'practiced' at Hogwarts, at least by teachers. Several 'adventurous' students might venture a bit of fun with it, hehe.

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Postby polyedit2000 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:34 pm

Graft Quickening, aka the Wand Trapping Spell-
A banned spell. It was used to grow new trees from broken branches, but when this was used effectively in a dueling tournament, it was quickly labeled as Dark Magic since it effectively ruined a wizard's wand (though the Dark Magic label no longer applies, it is still not taught in basic classes).

When the spell strikes the wand, the wooden part of the wand will quickly grow over the wizard's arm, and the more power put into the spell, the more the wood would trap them. Overpowering this spell also has an odd effect on the wand's other ingredients that can influence the wooden shell; unicorn hair could case a horn to sprout while Veela hair often turns the appearance into a beautiful woman.

---

Egyptian Pharoah Lotus-
A flower that usually grows in the desert, it can also survive in Hogwart's colder climate.

It usually blooms at night, and when its does, its leaves will extend and search for nearby prey. Once it does, the leaves wrap themselves until the prey is mummified, then the flower will insert itself into the prey's mouth or equivalent to leech on the victim's moisture. Usually, the sands bury both prey and plant, but in Hogwarts, one can see that the mummy continues to rest.

The bulb of the plant contains a weak acid that doesn't digest the victim but can still stimulate them. Lately, nurses had figured out how to insert potions into the bulb and squeeze it to deliver the doses.

---

Valentine Cherry-
A fruit that always grows with two cherries on a stem and is considered a powerful ingredient in love potions.

When two people consume the two cherries, if they are in close range with 12 hours of consuming them, the two are pulled together in a kiss and then plant matter encases them. Usually, they are attached at the lips, their arms trapped, and then their feet are encased in a heavy juicy ball of fruit, resembling two cherries on a stalk. Hormones that are released from the kissing alone will cause the cherry to dissolve and free them.

However, if a person eats both cherries or if the two victims are separated, it is shown that if the victim does not receive self- or external stimuli, the person will be trapped in the cherry for as long as two months.

ario120987

Postby ario120987 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:59 am

Bo-vine - This vine-like plant has many long, thin feelers growing from a thick central stalk. Each of these feelers is tipped in a large, sweet smelling flower. These flowers give off a mind altering pheromone in order to attract human prey. The plant merely waves its feelers about lazily until prey comes within range. Made docile by the pheromone, the flowers expel nectar over the prey, dissolving silk, fabric etc. and leaving them naked. Then, the flowers on the ends of the feelers will latch on to the prey (Breasts and mouth for females, penis and mouth for males.) The nectar causes heightened arousal while weakening the extremities, forcing the prey to drop to their knees. The plant them begins to milk the subject while the flower attached to the mouth nourishes them. A side effect of the pheromone, is that the subjects sweat becomes similar to latex, eventually coating them and the flowers in a seamless latex skin. As the plants alter the fluids for their own use, these are harvested for use in potions along with the latex coating. After a 6 month period, the subject can be removed and cut out of the coating without any side-effects.

(This was a really, really cool idea by the way. Would anyone want to do an RP based off of this thread?)

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Postby polyedit2000 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:41 pm

Now that you bring it up, sounds like a good idea. Sadly, methinks that me trying to start a lot of RPs would make my GM abilities suffer...Maybe I could do something...

===

Bell Dandies - Also known as the Dress Flower. It is usually a small flower but it can grow big when it feels magic nearby. It gets its nickname by how it would grab unlucky witches, hugging their body but blossoming around their legs. Even if cut from the stem, the flowers hold their shape and color for several days.

Due to the color and arrangements of the petals, some artisans do hunt for these flowers and sell them as dresses. While Hogwarts students can find them in the Forbidden Forest, they should be careful who they bring to cut them out, as one prank is to cut enough and leave them in "armless" dresses.

---

Splinching Suckler - Splinching is a term often associated with failed Apparation where teleporters would leave a body part of theirs behind.

This plant simulates that feeling. It is made of numerous stalks, and if a wizards gets too close, it would grab the unlucky soul with its numerous maws. For example, a wizard's limbs could be eaten by four stalks and their arms and legs would be sticking out of four other stalks. Interestingly enough, cutting the stalks of this plant while a person is tangled in it leaves a result similar to splinching, which could be healed the same way.

---

Fuzzy Slimedripper - Muggles might compare this to the Okra plant. This large plant tends to produce a lot of slimy fluid as a defense to being eaten. It would inhibit the movement of animals if the fluid gets on their fur or feathers. People might not experience such troubles...except that Wizards and Witches traditionally wear long robes, so the robes might stick to themselves, leaving their wearers in sticky cocoons.

Its slime is used as a thickener in some potions. For the same reason, wizards should be careful of explosions as they could find themselves sticking to walls.

Return to “Suggestion Box (Idea Rant)”