Banquet TV Dinners

Or they just like to talk, period.
Sebastian

Banquet TV Dinners

Postby Sebastian » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:55 am

They are cheap and you can buy them in bulk. For the most part they are okay and some are really good. Especially if you put them in the oven instead of the microwave. But I think I had the worst one on the list. It is fish sticks with mac n' cheese with a chocolate pudding dessert. Tough fish sticks I can handle, and half cold mac n' cheese no problem. It is the piping hot chocolate pudding that I have a problem with. Its hot for one and tastes more like Swiss Miss coco powder mix. 88¢, you get what you paid for :P

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Re: Banquet TV Dinners

Postby polyedit2000 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:38 pm

Wait, you can put them in the oven? Sadly, what we have are pan-stuff.

Let's see, I did have some Hungry Man once. Looked a bit small, even when buying the big size. I felt that the chocolate brownie dessert was a bit out of place. Then again, it probably was suppose to be batter, because it probably was more like pudding before heating.

kite-san

Postby kite-san » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:58 am

i admit, i've never eaten a "TV Dinner." and unless i'm being blackmailed, i probably never will. this is purely because the first one i was ever exposed to was at school, and it took four teachers to even convince me that it was meant to be food. they were unsuccessful in convincing me that it WAS food, just that it was meant to be.

there's some pre-fab food that's good, but i've never seen one of those 'whole meal in a multi-segmented box' things that looked edible.

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Postby polyedit2000 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:58 pm

What concerns me about the dinner box is that it doesn't seem big enough. Yes, even the XL man meals.

There's also the fact that some people enjoy certain parts of the box more than others. It's more of a potato vs meat detail than a meat vs vegetable thing.

Return to “Suggestion Box (Idea Rant)”