Bastian Fan-Boards

Full Version: Magic School of Thot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
((Newcomers will start as if they have already been sorted but will not start with any coins.))

===

You find yourself in a hallway wearing a robe. You are in a line of other students (high school to college age) that, one by one, lay a hand on a stuffed owl, which then turns its head towards one of three tables; the tables have a banner depicting a lion, goat or snake.

"Students, please place your hand on top of Thottius's head, and you will be sorted by the qualities in your mind." The teacher reminded them. "The House of Leo, with the courage to brave the wilds and conviction to see their hunt through. The House of Capricorn, with the wisdom to stay on top and the willingness to fight in harsh conditions. The House of Naga, with the ability to hunt despite limbs and the ambition to face large foes."

And soon, it seems to be your turn.

===

Template:

Name: -
House: Leo/Capricorn/Naga
Starting Wand: Describe your wand if you have any, even if basic. If your family is of high standing, there's a slight chance the wand has a special property.
Family: Family affects some interactions. A higher standing's drawback is higher expectations.
Personal Magic: A type of magic you can cast. While some general spells might have similar effects, personal magic can be trained to the point where "gods" can be summoned.
(09-28-2022, 11:51 AM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: [ -> ]You find yourself in a hallway wearing a robe.  You are in a line of other students (high school to college age) that, one by one, lay a hand on a stuffed owl, which then turns its head towards one of three tables; the tables have a banner depicting a lion, goat or snake.

"Students, please place your hand on top of Thottius's head, and you will be sorted by the qualities in your mind."  The teacher reminded them.  "The House of Leo, with the courage to brave the wilds and conviction to see their hunt through.  The House of Capricorn, with the wisdom to stay on top and the willingness to fight in harsh conditions.  The House of Naga, with the ability to hunt despite limbs and the ambition to face large foes."

And soon, it seems to be your turn.

===

Template:

Name: -
House: Leo/Capricorn/Naga
Wand: Describe your wand, even if basic.  If your family is of high standing, a wand is required.
Family: Family affects some interactions.  A higher standing's drawback is higher expectations.
Personal Magic: A type of magic you can cast.  While some general spells might have similar effects, personal magic can be trained to the point where "gods" can be summoned.

Name: Sabrina Burton
House: Capricorn
Wand: A dark, almost black 15' inch wood wand carved in a spiral design with runes carved in the grooves. 
Family: The Burton Household is know for their artistic contributions both Fantastical and Macabre. While some works are greatly admired others are seen to be poor offerings at best.
Personal Magic: Puppetry
And thus Thottius spoke to Sabrina. "Hm...yes, there is a willingness within you and such a decision was not chosen rashly. Yes, to Capricorn with you."

There was a round of clapping as some of the students at Capricorn's table moved aside for her. Though like the students before her and the students to come after her, this was just polite behavior as the sorting was not finished yet.

"Ten Asia, Venta!" A brunette nervously placed her hand on the owl. "Hm...A fire within you, willing to see through your path. To Capricorn, you will go."

Her reception was a bit different as the students started to clap, but one of the seniors led her to sit with two others that dared the rest to mess with her.
(09-28-2022, 06:59 PM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: [ -> ]And thus Thottius spoke to Sabrina.  "Hm...yes, there is a willingness within you and such a decision was not chosen rashly.  Yes, to Capricorn with you."

There was a round of clapping as some of the students at Capricorn's table moved aside for her.  Though like the students before her and the students to come after her, this was just polite behavior as the sorting was not finished yet.

"Ten Asia, Venta!"  A brunette nervously placed her hand on the owl.  "Hm...A fire within you, willing to see through your path.  To Capricorn, you will go."

Her reception was a bit different as the students started to clap, but one of the seniors led her to sit with two others that dared the rest to mess with her.

Sabrina was excited as she sat with the rest of her table, already dreaming of the adventures she'd have in these halls. She gave small waves to everyone who came after her. She frowned at the duo messing with the newest girl, cautious about stepping in.
"Please don't mess with her. That must be the Ten Asia heiress." A blonde next to Sabrina pleaded. "The Ten Asia family made their fortune acquiring and selling exotic ingredients, and those three seniors are children of their alliance. You can say those three were raised to protect her."

"Will Williams, Barrette Unagi, and...Trig Silvyr. The silver-haired one is the strongest of the three and our best bet against Leo's Divas and Naga's Five Senses."

The blonde nodded. "Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. My name's Lilith Seraphi the Third. I mean, it's okay if you just call me Lilith."
(09-29-2022, 05:33 AM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: [ -> ]"Please don't mess with her. That must be the Ten Asia heiress."  A blonde next to Sabrina pleaded.  "The Ten Asia family made their fortune acquiring and selling exotic ingredients, and those three seniors are children of their alliance.  You can say those three were raised to protect her."

"Will Williams, Barrette Unagi, and...Trig Silvyr.  The silver-haired one is the strongest of the three and our best bet against Leo's Divas and Naga's Five Senses."

The blonde nodded.  "Oh, I'm sorry.  I forgot to introduce myself.  My name's Lilith Seraphi the Third.  I mean, it's okay if you just call me Lilith."

Sabrina blushed having misread the situation, she brushed her bangs to the side and looked at Lilith with her amethyst eyes. "Its nice to meet you, Lilith. Is it okay if I ask who are the Divas and the Five Sense?"
Before Lilith can open her mouth, it seems that the last of the students got sorted. Thottius closed his eyes as the teacher turned their attention to the students.

"Alright, students, I am certain you know of the Divine Visionaries that shape and protect our world. Each year, one student from all the schools is chosen to become a Divine Visionary, but this is no easy task, and we do not make this easy." The teacher levitated a bronze sliver, a silver wedge, and a gold coin. "In our school, we assign tasks and reward bronze, silver, or gold; bronze will become silver, and silver become gold. Students that possess 5 gold coins will then enter a tournament to determine who will represent us for the Divine Selection. You can check the scales in the main hall to see how many gold coins the houses possess."

The teacher then handed out schedules for the first years; the upper years also know they can attend classes but can also join "club classes" or self-study to improve their own personal magic. They are also given their dorm numbers and are told that they will share a room with another first year of their house. And that students are allowed to use their magic for any reason as long as they don't kill or permanently disable other people.

===

"I got 3045." Lilith commented. "Anyway, I'm only going by what my brother told me before he graduated, so here's what I know about the two:"

She pointed to a group in Leo with a silver-haired girl talking to a dark-skinned beauty, flanked by a blond and a dark-hair. "Angelica Celestia, Aka Moro, Aleya Nev'rsturm and Claire Diamont make up the Divas. Although Diamont's from an old family and her cousin was last year's Divine Visionary, it's Angelica that's pretty talented with general magic; though there was an incident last year that kept her from entering the tournament."

She then pointed to a group in Naga with a dark haired boy, a ratty boy, a very prim and proper girl, and a hooded figure. "Deice Kronus, Michael Nostra, Belle Dino and D make up the Five Senses. And no, I don't know why they call themselves that if they only have four people. The Dinos are old family since the age of harvest, but although they had enough coins to enter last year, they opted to skip that tournament."
The school seemed to get more interesting by the minute. Of course Sabrina now wanted to try her hand at becoming a Divine Visionary and would check the scales as soon as she could. Once handed her schedule, room number, and lists of Clubs she turned her attention back to Lilith. 

Once the Divas were pointed out, Sabrina became very interested in Angelica, not just because of her beauty but also by the mystery of whatever happened last year that prevented her from participating. 

Next were the Senses, Lilith beating her to the punch before she could ask about the missing member. Like Angelica, Sabrina was curious why the Naga house seemed to skip last year's contest. That wasn't the only mystery of the Naga house though as she looked at the hooded D. 

"Thank you Lilith, I'm so excited to finally be here. I don't even know where to start." Sabrina gushed as she looked at the papers handed to her.
"Well, today's just the sorting, so you'd go to your dorms to set it up and sleep. Each year, a new student is usually paired with a continuing student of the same house who'll act as a guide. And if they're willing, you can probably get a tour of the school grounds too." Lilith got up with the rest of the students. "Anyway, my dorm number is 3045. What's yours?"
(09-30-2022, 11:50 AM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: [ -> ]"Well, today's just the sorting, so you'd go to your dorms to set it up and sleep.  Each year, a new student is usually paired with a continuing student of the same house who'll act as a guide.  And if they're willing, you can probably get a tour of the school grounds too."  Lilith got up with the rest of the students.  "Anyway, my dorm number is 3045.  What's yours?"

"It looks like... 3021" Sabrina said as she followed the rest of the group. Sabrina honestly wasn't sure if she could sleep tonight with how excited she was.
The group eventually reached the dorms.  At room 3021, there was a redhead girl with a thin ponytail, moving stuff into the room.  Lilith was a bit concerned.

"Ah, don't tell me you're in 3021, Mae."

"Oh, hey Lili!  And who's this newbie?"  Mae sashayed to Sabrina, looking her over.  "She your roomie this year?"
Lilith shook her head.  "No, she's yours.  Just..."

"Oh relax.  I'll let her out for classes and events.  If she's willing, of course.  Just let me finish setting up and I'll be out in a bit."

As soon as Mae re-entered the room, Lilith turned to Sabrina with a dead look in her eye.  "Mae's personal magic is Spider Silk.  She's not bad, just...just tell her no."

Lilith turned and continued further down the hallway.  Mae poked her head out of the room.  "So newbie.  Want to explore the grounds a bit?"
(09-30-2022, 10:56 PM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: [ -> ]The group eventually reached the dorms.  At room 3021, there was a redhead girl with a thin ponytail, moving stuff into the room.  Lilith was a bit concerned.

"Ah, don't tell me you're in 3021, Mae."

"Oh, hey Lili!  And who's this newbie?"  Mae sashayed to Sabrina, looking her over.  "She your roomie this year?"
Lilith shook her head.  "No, she's yours.  Just..."

"Oh relax.  I'll let her out for classes and events.  If she's willing, of course.  Just let me finish setting up and I'll be out in a bit."

As soon as Mae re-entered the room, Lilith turned to Sabrina with a dead look in her eye.  "Mae's personal magic is Spider Silk.  She's not bad, just...just tell her no."

Lilith turned and continued further down the hallway.  Mae poked her head out of the room.  "So newbie.  Want to explore the grounds a bit?"

"Uh, sure." She stuttered, thinking and both what Lilith said and Mae's earlier comment. There was no way they were implying what she was thinking, where they? Sabrina chewed her lip for a moment before working up the courage to introduce herself. "I'm Sabrina... Sabrina Burton."
"Cool, I'm Mae Oryia.  I bet Lilith told you all about me.  Don't worry, I won't bite."  Mae patted Sabrina on the shoulder and leaned in.  "Unless you're into it."

Anyway, Mae was surprisingly knowledgeable about the school.  First, a quick walk through the halls to show the classrooms that Sabrina would be in for the next few months, pointing out that adjacent classes were for upper years or clubs, then some of the areas like the greenhouses and the headmaster's office.  Next, the dining hall which was where the sorting took place.  And then to the outside of the school; the pitch for practices and the stadium where the wizarding sport Duelo and some of the more important events take place, and the forest where dangerous creatures and outdoor lessons take place.

"You don't need permission from the teachers to go to town or home, but asking them would make it easier to get past the forest to go there."  Mae pointed out.  "It does seem to be getting late.  Unless you want to spend the night in the forest, we probably should retire to the dorms."
(10-01-2022, 12:54 PM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: [ -> ]"Cool, I'm Mae Oryia.  I bet Lilith told you all about me.  Don't worry, I won't bite."  Mae patted Sabrina on the shoulder and leaned in.  "Unless you're into it."

Anyway, Mae was surprisingly knowledgeable about the school.  First, a quick walk through the halls to show the classrooms that Sabrina would be in for the next few months, pointing out that adjacent classes were for upper years or clubs, then some of the areas like the greenhouses and the headmaster's office.  Next, the dining hall which was where the sorting took place.  And then to the outside of the school; the pitch for practices and the stadium where the wizarding sport Duelo and some of the more important events take place, and the forest where dangerous creatures and outdoor lessons take place.

"You don't need permission from the teachers to go to town or home, but asking them would make it easier to get past the forest to go there."  Mae pointed out.  "It does seem to be getting late.  Unless you want to spend the night in the forest, we probably should retire to the dorms."

Mae's words caused Sabrina to shiver, something that'd be impossible for the other girl to miss. Once regaining her composure, Sabrina followed Mae around the school taking notes on each location. Sabrina looked at the forest and felt anxious about the idea of being stuck there, so when Mae spoke about returning to the dorm, Sabrina jumped on it. "No thank, I'd be more happy indoors then out there."
Name: Hannah Graysky
house: Naga
Wand: a short, 10' inch, light grey ash-wood with black ebony accents 
Family: Graysky is an old, but not well known house, once know for hunting dragons.
magic: Teleportation (Visual)
"Alright, I prefer a bed most of the time too."

===

Sabrina woke up in her bed, Mae getting dressed up. "Rise and shine, princess. Breakfast's in the dining hall, then we start classes at 8. Our classes should be in the same area, so if you can't find me, just follow one of the other Capricorns. I believe we both begin with Conjuration."

It should be noted that Mae's side of the room had a mix of fairy and spider décor.

---

Hannah woke up in her bed. D was already sitting on her bed on her side of the room, which seems to be part lab, part library, taking note. And D still wore that hooded robe.

"You are awake. Would you like me to wake you up next time?" D asked. "At this time, you should be able to get a balanced meal at the dining hall before attending the first class at 8; the first class is Herbology."
"h-huh? O-oh, ..... i-if its not too much to ask thank you very much!" Hannah yawned, slurring her words slightly as she blinked awake, at first trying to roll over and go back to sleep, only to practically shoot up when she registered what her roommate had said, her cheeks burning with a blush of Embarrassment.

"y-you probably already know this, b-but my name is Hannah Graysky, thank you f-for showing me to our room yesterday .... this place can get really confusing." she chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of her neck as she got up to get dressed, unable to keep her eyes from wondering over to D and her side of the room every now and then, trying to get a peak at her face. "uhhh ... wh-which wing is Herbology, in?"
Sabrina sat up with a yawn. Unlike Mae, Sabrina's side of the room was more bare, save for a few sketches of strange and whimsical monsters and a sculpture on her nightstand of a scarecrow creature currently holding her wand.
"Hmm." She yawned, pulling a brush out of her nightstand to brush her shoulder length brown hair. After a few swipes of the brush she could finally make sense of what Mae said. "Wonderful. I won't lie, I was nervous I wouldn't know anyone in my first class." She said, opening the trunk at the foot of her bed holding her clothes.
It should be clarified, but some of the students are in the same year. How it basically works is that the "seniors" are students like Mae and D that continued from its "middle school" division where they were sorted before then, while others like Sabrina and Hannah are transfers from other middle schools. While there are actual senior students, this minor detail is to ensure that the introduced roomies don't just vanish yet.

===

Mae chuckled as she secured her ponytail with some silk. "Haha. Yeah, Lili should be there too."

---

D used her magic to display a see-through map of the school, marking their dorm and the Herbology classroom. "There. Do not worry, I will keep track of our schedule."

===

After breakfast, the first class that Mae and Sabrina attended was hosted by an old and stern witch.

"Good morning, class. This is Conjuration, though it is a misleading name. You will eventually learn out to create items with your magic, but first, you were learn to deal with said item. For instance, Levios Locus!" A lock with a keyhole came into existence. "It is such a simple spell that you do not need to know how the lock works, but it is not a long-term solution. Because conjurations are made through magic, they will break up into magic over time, assuming it is not overpowered by someone else. However, just seconds are enough to give you an advantage, and with practice, you will also conjure greater restraints."

"But also consider if you were the target. Waiting for the conjuration to wear off is not feasible and attempting to overpower it at your level is not possible. Thankfully, these locks work similarly to the real item since they are created from a template. Since these are locks, you will learn the unlocking spell Optimar, and while this might not work on bigger and complicated locks, they should work on basic locks like these."

"Now, I want you to split into pairs, one of you conjure a lock with Levios Locus by picturing a lock and shaping your magic. The other will attempt to unlock it with Optimar by focusing your magic into the lock and shaping it into a key. Switch after each unlocking attempt."

---

Meanwhile, for Hannah and D, Herbology had an earthly witch lead them into one of the greenhouses. "Welcome to Herbology. You will learn how to identify various plants and how to harvest them. However, some of those plants will try to defend themselves, so you will learn how to defend yourself too. For example..."

The witch pulled on a tuft of greens which pulled out a tuber...that started to scream. She spoke a spell and the plant monster went to sleep. "The Mandrake will scream once unearthed. Although this species of Mandrake does not have a lethal scream, such noises can attract unwanted attention and can make communications difficult. When it is asleep, you can chop it up and use its parts to create powerful curatives, though do not eat them raw as they are poisonous."

"You will work in pairs to extract the Mandrakes and prepare them into compound.
The spell I used is Quientus, which is a soothing spell; visualize soothing it while you release your magic and the Mandrake will calm down enough to fall asleep."
(10-03-2022, 11:46 PM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: [ -> ]After breakfast, the first class that Mae and Sabrina attended was hosted by an old and stern witch.

"Good morning, class.  This is Conjuration, though it is a misleading name.  You will eventually learn out to create items with your magic, but first, you were learn to deal with said item.  For instance, Levios Locus!"  A lock with a keyhole came into existence.  "It is such a simple spell that you do not need to know how the lock works, but it is not a long-term solution.  Because conjurations are made through magic, they will break up into magic over time, assuming it is not overpowered by someone else.  However, just seconds are enough to give you an advantage, and with practice, you will also conjure greater restraints."

"But also consider if you were the target.  Waiting for the conjuration to wear off is not feasible and attempting to overpower it at your level is not possible.  Thankfully, these locks work similarly to the real item since they are created from a template.  Since these are locks, you will learn the unlocking spell Optimar, and while this might not work on bigger and complicated locks, they should work on basic locks like these."

"Now, I want you to split into pairs, one of you conjure a lock with Levios Locus  by picturing a lock and shaping your magic.  The other will attempt to unlock it with Optimar by focusing your magic into the lock and shaping it into a key.  Switch after each unlocking attempt."

Sabrina brushed her thumb on her wand as she listened to the teacher. A warm feeling bubbled in her stomach as she thought of all the things a lock could be used with. "Cease those perverted thoughts!" She suddenly heard her mother's voice scolding her and shook her head. She needed to focus on something else, anything else, so she looked around at the others in her class to see who else was here other then Lilith and Mae.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5