Bastian Fan-Boards
Overbound - Printable Version

+- Bastian Fan-Boards (https://bastianfanworks.dreamchaos.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Product Testing (https://bastianfanworks.dreamchaos.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Roleplay (https://bastianfanworks.dreamchaos.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Overbound (/showthread.php?tid=119)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Overbound - bond56 - 06-27-2023

April couldn't help but face palm. "approach the people openly admitting to hunt us" she grumbled following after Ella, watching the victorian hornkin head off. "well ... she sorta got a point, advancing and improving tech is always good but at the same time can't forget about the past and traditions or your doom to repeat it, should have a bit of both."

RE: Overbound - Flashlight237 - 06-27-2023

"I wouldn't be surprised if April and I wound up getting into a fight with her sooner or later whether we wanted to or not, but that's besides the point," Ella replied. "Point is, perhaps magic and technology can be used at the same time. You know, Magitech. I'm saying that because, while yes, it is realistically possible to drill your way out with technology, I have spoken with many other Hornkin who all said that magic is what caused your kind to be trapped down here in the first place. As long as whatever magic seal is placed there remains, I feel technology alone isn't going to cut it and you might need magic to help you out in that regard as well. I say that because I have the slightest feeling that whoever this Queen of yours is is attempting to use magic as a means to create an exit."

((Also, you had April approach Skitts on a whim; what are you getting at Ella for?))

RE: Overbound - Polyedit2000 - 06-27-2023

"Well, the Queen also provided the energy to make the new technology, though admittedly everyone else with access to it used them as magic boosters..." The maskless Hornkin thought it through. "Well, it the energy can work for both magic and tech, then it might be possible make magic work with tech...may take a while though."

"Well, I'll have to think it through tonight. And maybe don't hate Liz. She's just doing her job." The maskless Hornkin leaves the inn as well.

"Don't worry," Ella called out. "She'll probably do it to us first..!" Ella sighed. "Well, April, shall we head into Sythorn or return to Esylum?"

"if anyone could do it, it probably be you two" April nodded, trying to give a reassuring smile, or a comforting one at least. "no hard feels our ancestors did seal you down here .... so its understandable."

"at this point its more like who we wanna fight/talk to first ... since we are already here I would say Esylum and deal with Elizabeth, then head over to Sythorn, however we can probably just skip right along if we went right to Sythorn and dealt with Diamont ... what are you thinking?"

(she wasn't talking about defeating us, and was doing cool magic Xp)

"I think Esylum would be the better choice as well. The Claire girl would probably be more inviting if we were to play along with her, so I think getting Elizabeth out of the way first would be our best bet since we're essentially getting the hard part out of the way first."

((Elizabeth did name-drop Claire by the time we got there, so it's fair game.))

"certainly, and hopefully at the end of this we can get the two to work together instead of always fighting" April nodded as she began to make her way out of the inn to explore some more. "shall we go try to find her?"

(06-27-2023, 04:49 PM)bond56 Wrote: "certainly, and hopefully at the end of this we can get the two to work together instead of always fighting" April nodded as she began to make her way out of the inn to explore some more. "shall we go try to find her?"

"Yeah, let's. Probably shouldn't be too hard. Elizabeth looked noble, so I'd imagine her place would stick out quite a bit."

RE: Overbound - Polyedit2000 - 06-27-2023

It is nighttime.  Nearly everyone has retired for the night.  And sadly, it is a bit dark to figure out which house would stick out a bit.

However, they did see a blonde Hornkin without a mask looking at the ceiling.

"... probably should have gotten a room at the inn" April couldn't help but face palm, grumbling to herself as she turned on her heel to head back for the night, only to stop seeing the other hornkin, curiously looking up to see what she was looking at.

RE: Overbound - Flashlight237 - 06-28-2023

Ella, too, made her approach.

RE: Overbound - Polyedit2000 - 06-28-2023

"The soul dance was very pretty." The girls realized this was Lilith, and she is a pretty girl. "The old tales say that this was the way Hornkin mingled even when they were seas and mountains apart."

"Mmm... I see... That's pretty interesting in all honesty..."

"...Did you feel the Soul Dance too?" Lilith asked. "What was it like?"

(06-28-2023, 10:32 AM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: "...Did you feel the Soul Dance too?"  Lilith asked.  "What was it like?"

"We didn't get the chance to attend, let alone feel it," Ella replied. "It happened last night when we rested in Synnamon Town."

"Really? I'm sure you were here when they did it tonight..." Lilith shook her head and put her mask back on. "Well, I should be careful not to assume things as they look. Anyway, I should head home."

"Okay. I'll see you around." Ella said, waving Lilith off. "Well, we'll have to turn in at the inn..."

RE: Overbound - bond56 - 06-28-2023

"I wounder what she meant ... she sure we where there?" April hummed, mussing as she wave Lilith bye as well, nodding in agreement as she headed back to the inn.

And so, Ella went with Ella to turn in at the inn for the night.

RE: Overbound - Polyedit2000 - 06-29-2023

Day has arrived.  Now, assuming you want to help both captains get over their issues, you can try heading deeper into Esylum or Synthorn.