Trapped in The Manor
"Hmm..."
"What is it, Dawn?" Gwen asked.
"There's a rune marked in the part of the map where the library is," Dawn said. "It seems that is most likely where I can gather information on the beast."
"You seem pretty confident about dealing with a supposed eldritch abomination..."
"Even then, it is unwise to bum-rush even the weakest of eldritch abominations. I will need to be prepared for whatever it is before I try anything." Dawn looked at the map. "Judging by the order of the numerical markings, the library should be on the second floor on the west wing."
"Right..." Gwen started to record. She decided to follow Dawn as Dawn decided to make her way up the stairs.
“Great! It's nice to see someone as motivated as me. And you, have a good stay, slowpokes!" - Inna said and went to the playroom with Lauren.

- “Hey... wait!!! Damn it!!" - Yana wanted to follow her sister, but she had already disappeared from sight.
- “Okay.”- she turned to Dawn and Gwen -“I think our only chance to get out of here and not disappear one by one is to defeat the evil that lives here. I'll go with you.”
Sorry for bad English. This is not my native language.
"Don't wait too long..!" Dawn called out as she and Gwen went up to the second floor.
Yana followed quickly caught up with the girls and followed them to the second floor.

Meanwhile, Inna entered the game room.
(06-24-2024, 06:59 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: "Don't wait too long..!" Dawn called out as she and Gwen went up to the second floor.

(06-25-2024, 02:10 PM)Bound cat Wrote: Yana followed quickly caught up with the girls and followed them to the second floor.

Meanwhile, Inna entered the game room.

(Sorry guys, there was a bit of a technical snafu on my end)

As Lauren and Inna entered the playroom they found quite an odd variety of games. A shooting gallery covered most of the back wall with a prize counter next to it. On the left was a bar with two darts boards on the right and wack-a-mole/a basketball game on the left. On the opposite wall sat a large racing game with an old fighter game cabinets next to it and a large prize wheel that seemed blank. A pool table and air hockey table sat in the middle but the games weren't all the duo saw...

Next to each game stood a woman dressed in black rubber suits concealing their identities save for their hair, over the suits of each woman were different colored Playboy bunny suits in a rainbow of colors, with two even standing behind the bar and prize corner.

"Ooo~. This is freaky." Lauren said excitedly as she held up the camera. 

Dawn, Gwen, and Yana meanwhile would enter the Library, finding it to be rather large. Between each bookshelf the group could see what looked a female form carved from the smooth material of the walls holding two pairs of lights. Next to the inside of the doors stand more female forms dressed in a full body leather suit with leather armor atop of it, pouches and ropes sitting on their belts while ponytails sat atop their helmets like plumes.

Sitting by the windows at the far end of the room is a woman the group can barely make out (save for her dressed similarly to the guards just without the armor.) while a sign sits on the front of the desk reading 'Silence is Golden'.
Dawn swiftly put each of her index fingers over her buddies' lips. She stood there analyzing the distant figure with her aura.

((I rolled a 15 on a D20 for an investigation check. I should have waited, but still.))

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-26-2024, 05:05 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: Dawn swiftly put each of her index fingers over her buddies' lips. She stood there analyzing the distant figure with her aura.

((I rolled a 15 on a D20 for an investigation check. I should have waited, but still.))

((It's all good, small stuff like that is fine. I rolled a 17 for how much she learns so...))

Dawn's aura was able to tell her much about the figure. A heart beat was sensed from the figure yet disturbingly it was only a beat per second. Even with their heart beating so slowly the same figure was moving her hips back and forth on the seat, the lust engulfing the other woman's aura. She could also feel that the featureless figure was watching them. Waiting for something.

((I think one beat per second, equivalent to 60 beats per minute, is more or less normal: https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/your...1606172482 ))

Dawn put the pieces together and concluded that the figure is most likely waiting for someone to speak a little too loudly, partly from how fixated the figure is on them and partly because on what planet would it be acceptable to be as noisy as a coked up toddler in a library? Dawn nodded to assure the others that the figure generally shouldn't bother them as long as they stayed silent and walked on. Gwen followed Dawn while recording. For now, Dawn needed to find whatever info she can get on the beast she had heard about.
Inna looked around the room curiously:
“Wow! I imagined the playroom differently. But it's even better this way.”
She went up to the nearest girl: “Okay, rabbit-girl. If I understand correctly, in order to go further, we must defeat one of you in these games?”

Yana couldn't read auras, but she noticed the sign and came to the same conclusion as Dawn. As long as we keep quiet and don't make noise, they won't touch us. The girl followed Dawn and Gwen, carefully examining the bookshelves in the hope of finding clues or just books worthy of attention.
(06-27-2024, 02:27 AM)Flashlight237 Wrote: ((I think one beat per second, equivalent to 60 beats per minute, is more or less normal: https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/your...1606172482 ))

Dawn put the pieces together and concluded that the figure is most likely waiting for someone to speak a little too loudly, partly from how fixated the figure is on them and partly because on what planet would it be acceptable to be as noisy as a coked up toddler in a library? Dawn nodded to assure the others that the figure generally shouldn't bother them as long as they stayed silent and walked on. Gwen followed Dawn while recording. For now, Dawn needed to find whatever info she can get on the beast she had heard about.

(06-27-2024, 02:05 PM)Bound cat Wrote: Inna looked around the room curiously:
“Wow! I imagined the playroom differently. But it's even better this way.”
She went up to the nearest girl: “Okay, rabbit-girl. If I understand correctly, in order to go further, we must defeat one of you in these games?”

Yana couldn't read auras, but she noticed the sign and came to the same conclusion as Dawn. As long as we keep quiet and don't make noise, they won't touch us. The girl followed Dawn and Gwen, carefully examining the bookshelves in the hope of finding clues or just books worthy of attention.

The figure said nothing Inna, in fact it look like the suited woman didn't hear her at all. Lauren leaned her head in from behind.

"You should poke her." Lauren said as she tilted her head to look at Inna.

Yana would notice something odd about some of the books on the shelf, along with titles such as "The Little Mermaid", "Moby Dick", and "Little Women" were books with only symbols. Dawn meanwhile could feel something pulling her toward the front, specifically in a pile directly behind the desk. As Gwen leads the group something flashes on the screen. For a moment, one of the carvings on the switched to someone she loved struggling against the wall as if it was a vac bed.

Without warning both doors slam shut, a stone carving between the windows lowers to show a digital clock counting down from sixty minutes in the library. In the game room however a clock above the bar came to life, it's timer also counting down from sixty minutes.
Fortunately, Gwen isn't exactly into relationships ever since the love triangle came crashing down like Wile E. Coyote with an osmium anvil. Unfortunately, there are more forms of love than just that, and Gwen could have sworn she saw her cousin: Ella. Always the lovely girl she is. "What the..?" Gwen softly muttered. What sort of mirage is this? Is this real, or is this a trap?

Dawn, in the meantime, turned around. She wasted no time jerking her arm away from whatever that was from the desk. (19)

Just in case, Yana took pictures of the strange symbols, but they didn't tell her anything.
The doors slammed so suddenly that the girl jumped on the spot and involuntarily muttered, “What the fu...?!!!” But she immediately came to her senses and put her hand over her mouth.

Inna looked doubtfully at Lauren: “Well, I don't know. I definitely wouldn't like it if someone poked me. And these rabbits have a numerical advantage.”
Nevertheless, she took one dart for a game of darts. At that moment, the clock above the bar came to life
((as I understand it, the doors of the game room also closed?))
It was so unexpected that Inna jumped on the spot and involuntarily screamed, “What the fuck?!!!”
Wink 
(06-27-2024, 10:05 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: Fortunately, Gwen isn't exactly into relationships ever since the love triangle came crashing down like Wile E. Coyote with an osmium anvil. Unfortunately, there are more forms of love than just that, and Gwen could have sworn she saw her cousin: Ella. Always the lovely girl she is. "What the..?" Gwen softly muttered. What sort of mirage is this? Is this real, or is this a trap?

Dawn, in the meantime, turned around. She wasted no time jerking her arm away from whatever that was from the desk. (19)

(06-28-2024, 01:22 PM)Bound cat Wrote: Just in case, Yana took pictures of the strange symbols, but they didn't tell her anything.
The doors slammed so suddenly that the girl jumped on the spot and involuntarily muttered, “What the fu...?!!!” But she immediately came to her senses and put her hand over her mouth.

Inna looked doubtfully at Lauren: “Well, I don't know. I definitely wouldn't like it if someone poked me. And these rabbits have a numerical advantage.”
Nevertheless, she took one dart for a game of darts. At that moment, the clock above the bar came to life
((as I understand it, the doors of the game room also closed?))
It was so unexpected that Inna jumped on the spot and involuntarily screamed, “What the fuck?!!!”

((Yes Cat. Also Flash I rolled a twenty, so...))

Lauren giggled at the door slamming, the pigtailed girl poking the bunny's face... Only for the head to fall off. Thankfully, the two could see the head was not in fact human, but a dummy. The large wheel suddenly whirled to life, the duo seeing oddly enough the seven sections of the wheel were missing a symbol.

"Hey uh... What do you think that clock means?" Lauren asked, pointing to the ticking away time.

While Ella appeared on the camera the sculpted figure was still just a formless woman, no trace of her cousin to be seen. The woman at the desk gets up, making her way to Inna on impossibly high heels, the guards also making their way to her.

Once Dawn finds the source of the pull she picks up a loose paper sitting between two books. The page was yellowed by age with the ink almost carving the words into the paper.

What Dawn was looking at was a description of a fantasy... Of her private bondage fantasy. The sketching of an eye looking up at her.

Awkward... Gwen thought. Once her mind was off that nonsense, she shook her head and decided to move on. Or she would if the movement of the guards weren't being concentrated to one focal point "Ah crap..." Gwen decided to run in, hoping to see if she can either get the guards out of the way or grab Inna and pull her out of there.

((This one's more major than just an arm pull or an aura scan, so it's best that I didn't roll prematurely.))

Dawn looked at the writing, disinterested in its ramblings as it had nothing to do with the beast. Meh. Dawn tossed the paper aside. No clues here. Dawn walked away.
(The twin who is in the library is named Yana)

- “Shit. Inna went to the slammed door and tried the handle. Locked (I suppose it is. Otherwise, there would be no point in this trap).
- “Okay. This wheel is similar to the one used in the Wheel of Fortune show. Maybe we should spin it to win the right to leave this room or get other prizes.”
Without waiting for her companion's answer, she went up to the wheel and spun it violently.

- “Shit-shit-shit" - said Yana (Mentally, of course. For the first time, she uttered words out of surprise, but now she controlled herself) and began to back away from the oncoming guards of the library.
Obviously, they are guided by noise. What if... the girl took a coin out of her pocket and threw it away from herself. Maybe this sound will distract their attention. And if not, they are already provoked anyway.
(06-28-2024, 05:09 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: Awkward... Gwen thought. Once her mind was off that nonsense, she shook her head and decided to move on. Or she would if the movement of the guards weren't being concentrated to one focal point "Ah crap..." Gwen decided to run in, hoping to see if she can either get the guards out of the way or grab Inna and pull her out of there.

((This one's more major than just an arm pull or an aura scan, so it's best that I didn't roll prematurely.))

Dawn looked at the writing, disinterested in its ramblings as it had nothing to do with the beast. Meh. Dawn tossed the paper aside. No clues here. Dawn walked away.

(06-30-2024, 02:01 PM)Bound cat Wrote: (The twin who is in the library is named Yana)

- “Shit. Inna went to the slammed door and tried the handle. Locked (I suppose it is. Otherwise, there would be no point in this trap).
- “Okay. This wheel is similar to the one used in the Wheel of Fortune show. Maybe we should spin it to win the right to leave this room or get other prizes.”
Without waiting for her companion's answer, she went up to the wheel and spun it violently.

- “Shit-shit-shit" - said Yana (Mentally, of course. For the first time, she uttered words out of surprise, but now she controlled herself) and began to back away from the oncoming guards of the library.
Obviously, they are guided by noise. What if... the girl took a coin out of her pocket and threw it away from herself. Maybe this sound will distract their attention. And if not, they are already provoked anyway.

One of the guards did look away from Yana, only to look at Gwen after what she said as it then made it's way to her the guard holding up it's hand just like the librarian walking to Yana. Dawn meanwhile would not only see this but some etched into the side of the table.

Beschädigen Sie keine Bücher 

(It's German for Don't Damage Books
Also now might be a good time to roll some dice you two)

The wheel spun rapidly, the sound of clicking filling the room. As the wheel came to a stop from Inna's spin a red light suddenly filled the room with a loud buzzer seeming to suggest that was the wrong course of action. Shockingly four of the bunny girls began to walk menacingly toward the two women before stopping as the light returned to normal and the buzzing stopped. Lauren oddly seemed sad by this.
Hmm... A foreign language, Dawn thought. Don't damage books... I have a feeling I might've caused those guards to act up against us. Dawn decided to stop where she is. Maybe these things rely on T. Rex logic.

As for Gwen... Gwen did not hesitate to go for a shoulder charge in an effort to get the guard out of the way and bust Yana out.

((I got 16 for both Dawn and Gwen.))

Yana realized that it would not work to distract the guards, you can only set them against other participants. But she wasn't going to do that.
Instead, Yana grabbed another chair and threw it at the nearest guard.
((I got 15))

Inna was thinking out loud: “Hmmm… The rotation of the wheel animates these bunny-girls and makes them move towards us. I don't think it's going to help us get out of here. Or maybe I just got a bad sector...”
She turned to Lauren: “What do you think about this? Shall we try our luck again? Or should we search the room?”
(07-03-2024, 08:40 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: Hmm... A foreign language, Dawn thought. Don't damage books... I have a feeling I might've caused those guards to act up against us. Dawn decided to stop where she is. Maybe these things rely on T. Rex logic.

As for Gwen... Gwen did not hesitate to go for a shoulder charge in an effort to get the guard out of the way and bust Yana out.

((I got 16 for both Dawn and Gwen.))

(07-04-2024, 01:36 PM)Bound cat Wrote: Yana realized that it would not work to distract the guards, you can only set them against other participants. But she wasn't going to do that.
Instead, Yana grabbed another chair and threw it at the nearest guard.
((I got 15))

Inna was thinking out loud: “Hmmm… The rotation of the wheel animates these bunny-girls and makes them move towards us. I don't think it's going to help us get out of here. Or maybe I just got a bad sector...”
She turned to Lauren: “What do you think about this? Shall we try our luck again? Or should we search the room?”

(Well shit. 17 and 4. So this is gonna be interesting.)

Yana and Gwen acted simultaneously, Gwen charging at the guard by the the librarian while Yana threw the chair at the guard coming from behind. While the trio teetered on ballet heels, Gwen's charge only forced the guard to backup a few steps. Unfortunately, the goth girl would feel the hand pressed against her mouth. A sticky black substance spreading over her lower face like something out of a comic book movie.

While some would look at Yana and the guard and assume the young woman would struggle with a fight, she was quick to pick up the chair and throw it at the guard, the suited woman crumbling to the ground in a mess of wood. Unfortunately for Yana, that left the Librarian to walk past Gwen, stalking after the woman. 

Oddly enough Dawn was being ignored by the trio, yet she broke one of the rules too. Didn't she? If Dawn looks, she'll find to her shock the page is no longer crumbled on the floor but straightened out on the table, still pulsating it's aura.

"Hmm..." Lauren thought it over. On the one hand she was interested to see what the bunny girls would do to Inna, the girl thinking about spinning the wheel and then pushing the other woman into the bound women. She then decided against it instead, at least for now.

"I think some of these games might have the missing pieces for the wheel, so we should try and find the seven missing pieces before spinning the wheel again."

((Lemme guess. You heard of the Venom movie or at least saw the "Six months?!" meme?))

Dawn looked on wondering how the heck the page still managed. Given this is just a random page put between two books and not a book itself, Dawn should count her blessings that it wouldn't technically count, but she'd better be careful next time. Dawn shook her head. Five or so minutes in and already there's trouble Dawn thought. I better get a move on.

Dawn had a better idea. Using her tip-toes, she decided to distance herself from the action. She hoped by sneaking into the bookshelves she can keep the attention of the guards and the librarian off her.

As for Gwen... "Mmmph!!" As one would expect from someone who had been ambushed, Gwen started prying at the strange black substance. She is unable to stop the spread of the substance, but Gwen hoped to pry the thing off.

((In case I need a check... 20 for Dawn, 5 for Gwen.))