Magic School of Thot
Dawn continued her training atop the roof, firing a barrage of ki blasts at the rocks she had floating. She alternated between punching the rocks and using her magic during her training. Soon... "Haaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!" In a bang, Dawn would soon emerge without any rocks left around her, but now...
[Image: dawn_s_super_form_by_flashlight237_dfapz...SaMjMkUeKE]
Her hair turned white and her eyes turned light gray. Surrounded by her aura, glowing like a human-sized beacon, Dawn said... "It seems I have hit the peak of the first and only tier of my abilities, but at what cost? This is a power I've only achieved through my own wrath, not with any skill or through the guidance of Mother Nature. A power I've achieved whilst angered towards those who attacked me for my own apathy toward the idea of being a Divine Visionary: a title I had no interest in. A power... I shouldn't have..!" Dawn looked at her own right hand, then clenched it in a fist. Dawn then punched the roof, causing a few shingles to fly off. "Gah!"
(10-14-2022, 10:47 PM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: Trig did not waste time throwing the spear at Sabrina, forging a sword as he rushed at her.

While he was suspicious of the doll, it seems to cement the idea that Sabrina is not much of a close-range fighter.

Sabrina jumped out of the way of Trig's sword as her doll charged at the human. It's tiny blade moving to jab into his leg.

(Also Lilith no TnT)
"so the more you can do with your personal magic, the higher your tier is" Hannah nodded, rubbing the back of her knee, the wooden ball didn't hurt much, it was more surprising then anything really, but it still stung enough to pull her attention.

"ready as ever" she nodded, readying her wand, jumping on the spot from foot to foot while she stretched a bit.
Headmaster Thottius bonked Dawn on the head with a staff.  "What did the school ever do to you?"

He shooed the girl so he could pick up the tiles and arrange them back by hand.  "You know, you fight like a Logon, despite not having a body to convey that power.  You must have seen one fight and copied its movements, because I cannot imagine one being a teacher.  After all, I've heard of them as aggressive and territorial creatures, and I fear any students they take would inherit those traits."

"I've also heard that they are actually the revived forms of dead trees.  And yet, I would hardly call them avatars of nature because dead trees no longer need water, soil or sun to grow."  Thottius mixed together some mortar.  "For what child does not splash the mud or dance in the rain?  What child is kept in the dark?  No, a child is not a walking husk, not one whose purpose is only to react.  A child should be plucking flowers so they can show love."

Thottius patted the tiles back in place and stood up.  "Well, this roof should be clean of owl droppings.  Thank you for listening to this old man's rambling."

---

Trig shifted his sword into a lance to vault off the ground so that the puppet only struck the weapon.  "I almost forgot about it."

Venta wondered why Trig would react to the doll that way.

"Usually, summons would be as big or bigger than their foes for both offense and defense.  Even summons this small tend to have effects to reach a more reliable area like the chest."  Trig explained as he dropped down behind the puppet to pick it up by its head.  "The reason this puppet doesn't follow that pattern...is because it is not an attacker but a medium, am I right?"

---

D summoned more balls and threw them, though rather than bounce, the ones that seem to stray off course were actually curveballs.  And she mapped them so that any that hit Hannah would redirect the pain to her hands.
[Image: Beta.png]
((A wild Rafiki appeared!))

Dawn paused for a moment. She looked at her right hand. While she had, her aura dissipated and she turned back to her normal blonde self. "Understandable. The Logons have been more like a pack of gorillas with how they worked. The Logon Druids were more or less the silverbacks of those guys." Dawn paused for a bit more. "I just don't get how countless humans can get so greedy over a title, or why they would attack me over my thoughts on the matter. It's almost as if the idea of Divine Visionary is begetting evil despite claims to the contrary."
(10-15-2022, 12:07 PM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: Trig shifted his sword into a lance to vault off the ground so that the puppet only struck the weapon.  "I almost forgot about it."

Venta wondered why Trig would react to the doll that way.

"Usually, summons would be as big or bigger than their foes for both offense and defense.  Even summons this small tend to have effects to reach a more reliable area like the chest."  Trig explained as he dropped down behind the puppet to pick it up by its head.  "The reason this puppet doesn't follow that pattern...is because it is not an attacker but a medium, am I right?"

Sabrina lowered her wand, the light dimming from it's tip while the puppet seemed to deflate just as quickly between Sabrina and Trig.

"You are, but there's another reason why I choose this puppet." She said as she crossed her arms behind her back with a serious look. "You had asked me to show you a basic understanding of the first tier of my personal magic. I wanted to do so while conserving most of my magic do that when we truly begin the fight, I may go at you with all I have." She said respectively.
"Greed was what started the war.  It continued to assault the first Divine Visionary who ended the war, to bring down the students picked by him."  Thottius reminisced.  "I honestly hoped the title would die, but I fear war would simple start up again, perhaps with that title taken up in the name of evil."

"To preserve the peace the Divine Visionary brought us, we have made a ceremony out of it.  We restricted the ceremony to the schools so that those who have been taught by him can nurture the qualities he values and prune the ideas of greed from them."  Thottius smiled.  "Though it is not a perfect system as we all have thoughts of what the Divine Visionary values most.  I believe he valued the people and so I encourage the students to build commonalities despite their differences.  But furthermore, I believe that the one who earned that title in this day and age is motivated to prevent that greed from acquiring that victory."

---

Trig looked at the doll before holding it next to his arm.  "Do it."
"So it seems." Dawn said. "I had said that I know not what a 2nd great mage war would be fought with, but a third great mage war would be fought with nothing but sticks and stones. And Angelica is right, peace is not an option. Rather, both peace and war are states. Even you would never know for certain when either will pop up. A treaty isn't a magic switch between either. Still, if gaining the title would help me in my goal to keep humanity's greed at bay, I'll have to give it a shot, even though I have no guarantees it'll work..." Dawn's aura, hair, and eyes glowed white again while saying, "Speaking of... Three stages, huh?"
Hannah hummed to herself curiously observing D, trying to get any hint or sign that she was using her personal magic, while Hannah herself didn't move a muscle, simply teleporting to the right or left just enough so that they would fly right by her, however unlike before she was making it rather obvious when she was teleporting, causing herself to go semi transparent once again every time, not wanting to give Deice, after learning how much of a schemer he was.

she summoned her own balls into her hands, making hers rubber as she tossed them back and forth, juggling them between her hands, before quickly teleporting them out of her hands to strick D from random directions, behind her, above her, left, right, right left, really anywhere.
(10-15-2022, 02:18 PM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: Trig looked at the doll before holding it next to his arm.  "Do it."

Sabrina raised her wand back up, pointing it at Trig. "When most people learn how to us puppet magic, they must understand what makes a puppet: while an effigy of a creature can be made to do small tasks a true puppet must have five parts for better control." 

With her free hand she began to list them off, "a right arm, a left arm, a right leg, a left leg and a barrel."
Venta looked to Mae. "A barrel?"

"Well, if Sabrina is using a cross bar as an example, the fifth string would be attached to the head, though I'd imagine it'll also include the body for animals." Mae guessed.

"In other words, you only need one hand to stop me." Trig humored Sabrina drily.

---

D shifted her body into a weird dance pose to avoid the balls, though some bounced on the hem of her robes. "I can also map a stance to minimize damage to myself."

Deice had turned his attention away, shaking a bit.

D pondered a bit in that pose. "By my calculations, neither of us have a signification advantage. However, I can bring out my Secondth spell to ensure victory."

---

"The three Tiers are a classification mainly for Personal Magic." Thottius conjured three drawings of chibi Dawns in the air. "The first Tier is magic you can cast normally. This will also include many general spells."

Chibi Dawns summon balls, teleports, and gets angry. "And yes, that also includes your latest trick even with the power difference. That's because the Secondth would be magnitudes more powerful, which is achieved by conjuring a special item or effigy. For instance, your teleportation trick may have a limit on range but your Secondth spell may travel to the other side of the world or even another realm."

Chibi Dawn teleports normaly and looks in jealousy as another chibi Dawn conjures a wooden gate to summon and hug a giant rat-plant. "The Secondth spell is considered their trump card due to how it can turn the tide of battle and the power to use it, and for a number of mages, this is their best spell. So naturally, the Thirds tier..."

The third Dawn summons forth what looks to be a giant tree lady to dwarf the other two. "...Is your magic at its epitome. The magic at that level is so overflowing that it instinctively takes the form of a 'god' and can alter the way you do magic. The difference between the Secondth and Thirds can be vast; if someone with Nature magic summons treants as their Secondth magic, their Thirds could be a combination of becoming a tree person while accelerating plant growth, effectively becoming a forest-sized foe."

The other two Dawns chop down Thirds Dawn, only for Thirds Dawn to regrow many times from the splinters and dogpiled the normal Dawns. Thottius vanished the drawings since that seems to make his point. "So to sum it up: Most magic, no special name. Secondth magic, summon something big to do something very big. Thirds magic, create a god and make reality bend over. Four...does not exist and proving it does will make me want to retire. Ideally, candidates should aim to have their Secondth spell by the inter-school ritual, though some have discovered them before our own tournament."
Did anyone even bother to check the grammar when they came up with that? Dawn thought. "I had a feeling that at the very least Trig and Deice had managed it." Dawn looked up at the moon. "It made for an interesting chat topic regardless."

((Side note, I should've checked the wiki.))
(10-16-2022, 08:32 PM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: Venta looked to Mae.  "A barrel?"

"Well, if Sabrina is using a cross bar as an example, the fifth string would be attached to the head, though I'd imagine it'll also include the body for animals."  Mae guessed.

"In other words, you only need one hand to stop me."  Trig humored Sabrina drily.

"Possibly." Sabrina admitted, holding her wand tighter. "But it would only be for sure if I dabbled in puppeteering living creatures." She admitted as she turned her wand. "But clothes are a different matter." A blue aura soon engulfed Trig's clothing.
Trig attempted to move, slowly but with much resistance.

"That seems to be overpowered." Mae commented. "Even the Divine Visionaries wear robes, so it's hard for Sabrina to miss."

"True, but Personal Magic isn't the only factor." Venta pointed out as Trig strained against his clothes. "Conjuration and Transmutation would be useless classes if the other mage can reverse the process. However, if a person adds more of their magic into the spell, it would take more of the other mage's magic to affect the process. That's why most fights use Personal Magic because the spells are already enhanced with their magic. Though while some Personal Magic have an advantage in such combat..."

"Forgeo Secondth: Mano Arms!" Trig summoned four spectral arms to rip all his clothes off. Venta covered her eyes while Mae whistled. Trig then summoned a weapon in each arm. "It seems I was forced to reveal it after all."

---

"Ah, it is late already. Time for these old bones to retire." Thottius headed downstairs.
"Hey, thanks for the chat," Dawn replied.
"whats he laughing about?" Hannah hummed as she glance over her shoulder curiously at Deice, only for a second or two before returning her attention towards D nodding her head.

"heh that probably seemed like a rather obvious outcome huh?" hannah nodded, twirling her wand curiously as hummed to herself for a second or two in thought, wanting to see this other spell, but also wanting to win and knowing not to let her cast that spell if its apart of her personal magic. "will admit, that's a bit of an annoying magic you got, the ability to map anything ... you can see my spells and where they're going can't you? though I wounder? do you chose what to map? do you have a limit?"

Hannah woundered out loud as she continued to create and teleport more things, from balls to block to anything, some not even aiming for her just going in random directions, even teleporting around herself to cast Quientus at her every now and then while letting some of the magic items deform and explode into her magic to fill the air.
(10-17-2022, 09:41 AM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: Trig attempted to move, slowly but with much resistance.

"That seems to be overpowered."  Mae commented.  "Even the Divine Visionaries wear robes, so it's hard for Sabrina to miss."

"True, but Personal Magic isn't the only factor."  Venta pointed out as Trig strained against his clothes.  "Conjuration and Transmutation would be useless classes if the other mage can reverse the process.  However, if a person adds more of their magic into the spell, it would take more of the other mage's magic to affect the process.  That's why most fights use Personal Magic because the spells are already enhanced with their magic.  Though while some Personal Magic have an advantage in such combat..."

"Forgeo Secondth: Mano Arms!"  Trig summoned four spectral arms to rip all his clothes off.  Venta covered her eyes while Mae whistled.  Trig then summoned a weapon in each arm.  "It seems I was forced to reveal it after all."

Sabrina looked at the four arms and felt nervous she figured the fight wouldn't be simple but this... Well she tried everything not to look terrified. Taking a deep breath, Sabrina reached into her pocket. 

"T-Thank you for that." She said, swiftly clearing her throat. "Allow me to return the favor." Sabrina pulled a card out of her pocket. When using a storage spell, different people used different methods. Sabrina kept her three larger puppets stored away in cards, only needing one tap to summon them.

[Image: fct_ee2b8a691b07492.jpg]

The puppet was a remake of one of her father's work, the seven foot scarecrow like puppet stood tall with leather armor over it's tattered red suit. The aura controlling it created a glowing blue flame like effect in the clay pumpkin head. It reached behind it's back and removed a axe, Sabrina getting it ready to fight.
((Considering my vacation is soon, two choices: A. the RP is left alone until next week, or B. I advance in-game time to the weekend for you guys to do things.))
((I'd say A because I'm sure you have story elements you don't want us to miss.))
((Now that you're back, what's next on the menu?))