Binding Roads
(09-20-2022, 07:52 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: "I think we're good," Jackie replied. "Thanks."

Soon, Jackie and Courtney left the ranch. "Well, that was bust..." Jackie said.
"I know, right?" Courtney replied.
Jackie and Courtney continued to head down south with Courtney.

Heading further down the road, Jackie and Courtney find themselves in a modernized Western Town, the two catching a woman dressed in a latex dress with a muzzle gag. A sight no one seemed to pay it much mind to. Next to them was once a school house though a sign with a brown cat told the duo it was "Cookie Cat Pet Café" 
"What is wrong with this place?" Courtney asked.
"Maybe a latte would help you relax a bit, Court." Jackie said. Soon, Jackie led Courtney to the cafe.
(09-20-2022, 08:15 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: "What is wrong with this place?" Courtney asked.
"Maybe a latte would help you relax a bit, Court." Jackie said. Soon, Jackie led Courtney to the cafe.

The moment the door to the café opens a burst of cold air engulfs the two, creating a welcoming break from the hot air. Sitting at the front desk was a little old lady with large glasses.

"Well hello there, welcome to The Cookie Cat Pet Café. I see you two are new here but have you been to a pet café before?" She asked the two with a big grin.
"Not really," Jackie replied. "I ain't even heard of such a thing."
(09-20-2022, 08:47 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: "Not really," Jackie replied. "I ain't even heard of such a thing."

"It's a really cute and fun little idea, while our Baristas and Bakers prepare your order you can play, pet, or even snuggle with our pets. It's a nice way for people to just relax and enjoy your treat the in a calming atmosphere." 

The little old lady then pointed to a board next to the menu (which was thankfully cheaper then certain other brands with bro and bucks) with cartoony illustrations of a white cat with a pink bow with the name 'Princess' underneath, a black bunny rabbit with a blue collar following the trend of the other animal named 'Shadow', a brown dog named 'Chocolate', another cat (this one silver and brown) named 'Mittens', and a raccoon with a orange scarf named 'Bandit'

"These our the pets we have visiting today. Princess and Chocolate are very special visitors too because we never really know when they'll show up." The little old lady gushed.
"I see. We're good, thanks." Jackie said. "I'll take a caramel latte for Courtney and a..." Jackie looked at the sandwiches section. "A ham and cheese sandwich for me."
(09-20-2022, 09:33 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: "I see. We're good, thanks." Jackie said. "I'll take a caramel latte for Courtney and a..." Jackie looked at the sandwiches section. "A ham and cheese sandwich for me."

The owner wrote down the order and hummed. "I'll be sure to give this to our staff, in the mean time if you could please enter through the doors to our lounge we'll bring your order to you dears. Also please don't worry about the price, it's on the house as a 'Welcome to Binding Roads'." The owner said, pushing one of the swinging doors open. "And please be gentle with the pets, a light push and a firm no will let them know to leave you be."
"Right then." Jackie went into the lounge with Courtney.
"This better not be something stupid like last time..." Courtney said.
(09-20-2022, 09:46 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: "Right then." Jackie went into the lounge with Courtney.
"This better not be something stupid like last time..." Courtney said.

Inside the lounge, Jackie and Courtney could see three other people: a girl sat with her nose stuffed in a book, scribbling away with one hand while her other hand was scratching the top of Chocolate's head. Another woman sat with the black rabbit 'Shadow' in her lap as she and the man she was with were petting the bunny as they spoke. 

The thing that was off however was that the 'pets' were all girls in surprisingly realistic pet costumes. Close to them is 'Princess' the cat girl looking alarmed at Courtney with her familiar wide green eyes, the pet girl letting out a grunt of surprise that sounded like she said Courtney's name.
"The heck?" Courtney quirked an eyebrow. "Huh. I must be hearing things." Courtney put a finger in her ear, as if to clean it out. "I'll go get a newspaper or something." Courtney walked out.
"Okay, you do that." Jackie looked around. Maybe it's best to sit as far away from these guys as possible. Jackie decided to sit in the furthest table out in the lounge.
(09-20-2022, 10:11 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: "The heck?" Courtney quirked an eyebrow. "Huh. I must be hearing things." Courtney put a finger in her ear, as if to clean it out. "I'll go get a newspaper or something." Courtney walked out.
"Okay, you do that." Jackie looked around. Maybe it's best to sit as far away from these guys as possible. Jackie decided to sit in the furthest table out in the lounge.

Only the girl working on her notebook payed mind to Jackie, the tired girl giving the Virginian a glare before muttering under her breath. 

"Tourist." Princess meanwhile looked like she wanted to go after Courtney but hesitated to leave, instead following Jackie, sitting away from her.

Meanwhile in the front, the old woman looked at Courtney with a confused look as she came back out of the lounge.

"Are you alright, dear?"
"I just wanna grab a newspaper." Courtney replied.
(09-20-2022, 10:24 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: "I just wanna grab a newspaper." Courtney replied.

"Ah, I apologize but my normal stocker hasn't come in yet." The old lady then pulled out her purse, pulling out fifty cents. "There is a full dispenser outside though, please take this to make up for the inconvenience."
"Thanks." Courtney went to the newspaper dispenser. She popped the quarters in, then grabbed a newspaper. Soon after, Courtney went back into the lounge. "Okay, I'm back." Courtney sat with Jackie. She pulled up the newspaper and began reading. "Oh hey, Bitcoin crashed. Awesome."
(09-20-2022, 10:39 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: "Thanks." Courtney went to the newspaper dispenser. She popped the quarters in, then grabbed a newspaper. Soon after, Courtney went back into the lounge. "Okay, I'm back." Courtney sat with Jackie. She pulled up the newspaper and began reading. "Oh hey, Bitcoin crashed. Awesome."

Princess waited for Courtney to sit down before the cat girl crawled over to her, nuzzling Courtney's leg. The man of the couple noticed this and leaned over to his wife. 

"Babe, check it out. Princess is trying to get someone's attention." At his words the woman couldn't help but let out an ah.
Jackie looked down and couldn't help but chuckle. "Hey Court, look below ya."
"Hmm?" Courtney looked down. "Hey, shoo!" Courtney nudged Princess away.
(09-21-2022, 07:22 AM)Flashlight237 Wrote: Jackie looked down and couldn't help but chuckle. "Hey Court, look below ya."
"Hmm?" Courtney looked down. "Hey, shoo!" Courtney nudged Princess away.

The cat girl let out another grunt that once again sounded suspiciously like Courtney's, trying to trace something on the canadian's leg. She was swiftly interrupted by the other two pets not with customers, both pulling the struggling cat girl away. But why did she trace a 'G'?
Courtney looked down. "Strange... What's up with the G?"
"Is something up?" Jackie asked.
"I... Well..." Courtney sighed. "Hopefully my latte gets finished up so I can chillax for a bit."
(09-21-2022, 05:12 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: Courtney looked down. "Strange... What's up with the G?"
"Is something up?" Jackie asked.
"I... Well..." Courtney sighed. "Hopefully my latte gets finished up so I can chillax for a bit."

A little bit later, the old woman arrived carrying a tray with the two girls order. She laughed seeing Princess currently struggling to get out from underneath the other two pet girls.

"Here you are girls, I hope you enjoy the food." The little old woman said with a smile.  "Would you care to hear about any of the sights in town?"
"I wouldn't mind," Jackie replied while Courtney drank her latte.