Slime the Dice
"Hmm..." Dawn looked back at the map to see if that tunnel was necessary or if it was just some off-beat path.
The map did not really detail what the inside of the cave should look like, but it can be assumed that the path to the nest is linear.

Baduba may hear some faint noises in the tunnel.  Noises that did not sound like the slimes that squished.
[Image: Beta.png]
- "Shhhhh..." - the green-skinned girls whispered to the Dawn and put her finger to her lips - "I think I hear something."
She leaned even lower, leaned her ear against the entrance to the tunnel and listened, hoping to determine the nature and source of the strange sounds.
Sorry for bad English. This is not my native language.
It sounds like muffled mumbling, possibly a few people.

Though the mumbling hid the approach of a small slime that latched onto Baduba's face.

((Finally a skull roll, so that is Baduba's third damage.))
- "Hey. You don't happen to knnnnmmppphhh!!!? MMpppffff!!!! " - Baduba abruptly jumped to her feet when the slime clung to her face like a Facehugger from the movie "Alien" (which, of course, Baduba did not watch, because cinema has not yet been invented in this world of sword and sorcery). This insidious monster closed her view, tightly gagged her with his jelly-like body and, worst of all, clogged her nostrils, preventing her from breathing. The orc girl grabbed the slime with both hands, trying to tear it off her face, then throw it on the ground and trample it with her foot.
- "Upppmmffff!!! Grrrmmffff!!!"
Baduba got the slime off her.  All of this adventuring is making her tired, sluggish.  Who knew a slime nest quest would be so tiring?
"I'll handle this." Dawn jumped into the tunnel, sliding through as if it were some pipe.
- "Why you little..!" - a orc girl crushed the impudent small slime with her foot.
She was going to follow Dawn into the tunnel, but realized that she was too tired and exhausted.
- "Hey... ((Baduba realized that she didn't know which class her companion belonged to)) Eee... Enchantress, right?"- she shouted into the tunnel, addressing butty of rapidly receding Dawn -"Wait! It might be too dangerous. Let's take a little break instead?"
The noises got louder as Dawn slid through and into a room.  It was definitely a room of muffled whimpering and slime puddles.  In fact, Dawn could tell with her aura that these were people in here, all of them reduced to standing slime-covered pillars that could only wiggle around, anchored to the ground.
"Okay, there are a lotta people here." Dawn said. "Can't tell if they were kidnapped walking by the nest or if they were adventurers who got greedy. If it's the latter, they're definitely idiots." Dawn charged up an attack in her right hand. "This slime looks pretty fresh. I'd say there's a big one in this room."
One of the puddles jumped at Dawn.  Perhaps it was surprise that had Dawn loose the blast on it, but it had saved her life...for now.

Looking around this room, the other puddles had vanished from her line of sight.
"Mmm... Seems very sus..." Dawn used her aura to try and sense out the slimes, feeling they're trying to hide from her.
- "Shit-shit-shit!" - Baduba swore. It didn't seem like the right time to camp here. She drank a bottle of healing potion to restore strength and health. Then she took off her hooded cloak, folded it neatly near the entrance to the tunnel, climbed into the tunnel herself and crawled along it, praying to the orc gods that they would help her not get stuck somewhere in the middle.
Of course they're hiding from Dawn.  One of them slammed into the side of her head!

Did Dawn dare to fight all the mini-slimes here?
"Oof!" Dawn slapped the slime away. "I figured they were hiding... No matter... A direct attack would not work against these guys... So why not an area-of-effect attack?" Dawn spread her arms out, then said, "Take this!" Boom! Dawn's let out a shockwave/airburst around herself.
The slime on Baduba seems to flake and fall off as the potion did its magic, and she was energized once more.

Thankfully, the tunnel is big enough...until she reached the hidden room where her ass got snagged at the lip of the tunnel, placing her at a disadvantage.

---

((For this room, decided to roll things differently.  Aka, will continue to roll until you get an injury or get a total number of checkmarks to defeat all enemies.))

The idea was good in theory, but with the wobbling of the victims from the air pressure, Dawn realized that the slimes could simply hide behind them.  And one slime literally jumped her ass.

The jolt from that sneak attack did move her to a position to see a cursed ring on the ground.  That's right, Dawn can tell the ring is cursed.  In fact, she could tell that it was a Berserker Ring; whoever puts it on would be hyper-focused on attacking while there were threats around, yet the wearer would continue fighting even if they had to take wounds onto their wounds.
(02-08-2023, 10:24 AM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: Thankfully, the tunnel is big enough...until she reached the hidden room where her ass got snagged at the lip of the tunnel, placing her at a disadvantage.

((Do you mean that hidden room where Dawn is now?))
((Yes, that's the only way the tunnel leads because the main path would be of normal walking size.))
- “Oh, crap!” - it seems that exactly what the orc-girl feared has happened. Baduba exhaled, sucked in her stomach (however, her ass hardly shrank at the same time) and abruptly leaned her whole body forward in the hope, that the exit from the tunnel not too narrow and that she would be able to squeeze her big butt through it.
"Hell nah, I ain't touching that shit." Dawn said. She knows better than to touch cursed shit. Instead, she decided to go for her next play... Defensive maneuvers. Concentrating her aura around her, she formed a force field around herself.