Trapped in The Manor
Yana's first impulse was to try to help Gwen, but the librarian wouldn't leave her time for that. Therefore, the girl began to quickly back away from the librarian, trying to take her and the other guards away from Gwen. In addition, she looked around in the hope of finding something that could be used as a weapon. Something told her that chairs alone would not be enough.
((I got 11))

“It sounds reasonable,” Inna agreed, “It would be strange to fill a room with so many games if we didn't need to play them to get through. Where should I start?”
She approached shooting gallery and examined it in more detail: “As a child, I practiced shooting a little. Let's see if the skills are still there.”
Sorry for bad English. This is not my native language.
(07-04-2024, 08:38 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: ((Lemme guess. You heard of the Venom movie or at least saw the "Six months?!" meme?))

Dawn looked on wondering how the heck the page still managed. Given this is just a random page put between two books and not a book itself, Dawn should count her blessings that it wouldn't technically count, but she'd better be careful next time. Dawn shook her head. Five or so minutes in and already there's trouble Dawn thought. I better get a move on.

Dawn had a better idea. Using her tip-toes, she decided to distance herself from the action. She hoped by sneaking into the bookshelves she can keep the attention of the guards and the librarian off her.

As for Gwen... "Mmmph!!" As one would expect from someone who had been ambushed, Gwen started prying at the strange black substance. She is unable to stop the spread of the substance, but Gwen hoped to pry the thing off.

((In case I need a check... 20 for Dawn, 5 for Gwen.))

(07-05-2024, 12:46 PM)Bound cat Wrote: Yana's first impulse was to try to help Gwen, but the librarian wouldn't leave her time for that. Therefore, the girl began to quickly back away from the librarian, trying to take her and the other guards away from Gwen. In addition, she looked around in the hope of finding something that could be used as a weapon. Something told her that chairs alone would not be enough.
((I got 11))

“It sounds reasonable,” Inna agreed, “It would be strange to fill a room with so many games if we didn't need to play them to get through. Where should I start?”
She approached shooting gallery and examined it in more detail: “As a child, I practiced shooting a little. Let's see if the skills are still there.”

((While Dawn didn't need a roll I will honor that she got a 20. Gwen meanwhile has to deal with a 10 while Yana has to deal with a 17.  Also I just like using the imagery of Venom for magic bondage goo since it can be alien bondage goo))

As Dawn made her way behind another row of bookshelves, the peaceful girl would notice something different about these stacks, a repeating pattern of symbols on their spines:

Star, Crescent Moon, Sun, Diamond. Upon closer inspection, she could see a small plate on the shelf with a third rule. 'Please return the books in order.' 

Meanwhile, Gwen's attempt to pull the gunk from her face could be seen as success in a way. She did pull off some of the other worldly slime but her actions soon backfired as the fluid engulfed her hands. And then, it was over. Gwen's hands were now resembled  black flippers while a black neck corset not only made it hard to speak, but now she could no longer move her head freely.

The situation wasn't fairing better for Yana as the guard she had struck with the chair struck back! The suited woman grabbing her legs as the Librarian pressed her hand over Yana's mouth, just as the guard had to Gwen.

Once Inna picks up the gun, an animatronic pops up from beneath the other side of the desk. The robot was a woman with unnaturally red hair, dressed in a stereotypical cowboy costume.

"W-W-Well Howdy, Partner! Welcome to Wulfram Ranch!" Lauren had joined Inna to the shooting game, something about the robot's fake accent giving off an unsettling energy. "Now s-s-since your new to these parts, you might be unaware that we've been havin' a Ba-ba-ba-Bandit problem and could sure use your he-he-he-helpless dealing with them."

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hmm... Time is getting short for the group. And yet, the books... They might be what I need to solve this room's puzzle... I could buy the others some time by temporarily stopping the assault of the librarian. It'll take a good bit of my aura... Dawn put her right index and middle fingers in her forehead, then sent a telepathic message... Directed at the librarian. Librarian, if you can take your mind off those two humans for a few, can you tell me where the four symbolic shelves are?

((Holy crap! How did I get another one?))

In the meantime, Gwen is surprised by the results of the goop covering her mouth and hands. "Mmmph!!" Gwen tried flexing her fingers out, but... Nothing. The black substance solidified, rendering her hands stuck. Now quite a bit incapacitated, she had no idea what to do now.
Now Yana was in no condition to make plans or solve riddles.
- “MMMMMPPPHHHHH!!! The girl grabbed the librarian's hands and tried to take them away from her mouth. At the same time, she kicked and kicked in the hope of freeing her legs from the grip of the second guard.
((13 of 20))

Inna decided to play along with animatronics: “Problems with bandits?! Of course, I will help you deal with this. I'm the fastest gun west of the Mississippi. Hey, wait a minute. My helpless?.. What?”
She turned to Lauren: “It seems that her vocal mechanism is jammed...”
(07-05-2024, 08:12 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: Hmm... Time is getting short for the group. And yet, the books... They might be what I need to solve this room's puzzle... I could buy the others some time by temporarily stopping the assault of the librarian. It'll take a good bit of my aura... Dawn put her right index and middle fingers in her forehead, then sent a telepathic message... Directed at the librarian. Librarian, if you can take your mind off those two humans for a few, can you tell me where the four symbolic shelves are?

((Holy crap! How did I get another one?))

In the meantime, Gwen is surprised by the results of the goop covering her mouth and hands. "Mmmph!!" Gwen tried flexing her fingers out, but... Nothing. The black substance solidified, rendering her hands stuck. Now quite a bit incapacitated, she had no idea what to do now.

(07-06-2024, 02:07 PM)Bound cat Wrote: Now Yana was in no condition to make plans or solve riddles.
- “MMMMMPPPHHHHH!!! The girl grabbed the librarian's hands and tried to take them away from her mouth. At the same time, she kicked and kicked in the hope of freeing her legs from the grip of the second guard.
((13 of 20))

Inna decided to play along with animatronics: “Problems with bandits?! Of course, I will help you deal with this. I'm the fastest gun west of the Mississippi. Hey, wait a minute. My helpless?.. What?”
She turned to Lauren: “It seems that her vocal mechanism is jammed...”

((Lol, well I got a 7))

The good news was Yana was able to kick off the guard as well as being able pull her mouth free from the Librarian. The bad news was while she was 'free', she wasn't completely 'free' as the dark substance remained on her mouth as it did Gwen. Not to mention that she and Gwen are still surrounded by the two guards and the Librarian.

If Gwen angles her head just right she can see something on the paper... But surely her eyes are playing tricks on her. She can't really be reading that right.

'Need some help, Gwen? Touch me.' The paper now read, the image of the eye freakishly looking at her.

Dawn meanwhile May have used too much strength as she accidentally delves into the woman's mind. She learns the Librarian was named Maggie Wren, she was a woman in the 70's who came to this place with a few friends to turn it into an inn. Things after that become fragmented with some sharing a silouete figure with golden eyes gleaming hungrily. Dawn soon sees Maggie and the two other women moving around books with one thought.

'Must move them... The twenty books... She can't cheat...' Dawn soon finds herself out of the bound woman's mind, looking at the shelf before her she knew this was where they needed to put the twenty books.

Lauren's rolled her eyes and let out a laugh. 
"She said help. Looks like somebody has something else on the brain." She teased, but surely Inna heard it right. The robot was still in it's comedically long pause before straightening up.

"Well-l-l thank ya kindly!" The metal woman tipped her hat before pointing to the counter, where Inna could see four lights next to four symbols: a bandana, shackles, a coil of ropes, and lastly a pair of shackles again. "Just remember to stand on the foot prints on the floor. Oh and b-b-b-be careful not to hit the targets with these marks. Light all four and you'll be captured by the bandits and be enslaved! Taken for ransom. Good luck~?" Before either could act the animatronic returned out of sight behind the counter.

"Mmmmm..." Gwen was a little wary, but Gwen touched the paper... Right in the eye... Where else was she supposed to touch?

As for Dawn, well, Dawn had a slight whiplash from what she saw. I think my hair glowed a bit white there... Dawn thought. Still, someone trying to turn this place into an inn in the 70s... That's new. Hmm, I did get the first insight at the creature's appearance... Golden eyes... Dawn then set her eyes on the shelf in front of herself. Twenty books... May as well start arranging them in order... And so, Dawn calmly and carefully started rearranging the books.
- “Mmmhhhhh” - Yana found that her mouth was still sealed, although it was no longer clamped by someone else's palm. Her first impulse was to remove the sticky substance from her lips, but she remembered in time what had happened to Gwen and did not do it.
Instead, she ran to the guard closest to Gwen and pushed her hard, hoping to knock her down and either break through the encirclement or give Gwen time to finish what she was doing, whatever it was.
[Image: 17.jpg]

Inna blushed: “You must be right. Because of this perverted quest, I hear all sorts of oddities...”
She stood on the footprints, as ordered by the animatronic, picked up a gun and nodded to Lauren: “Join me”
(07-09-2024, 04:27 AM)Flashlight237 Wrote: "Mmmmm..." Gwen was a little wary, but Gwen touched the paper... Right in the eye... Where else was she supposed to touch?

As for Dawn, well, Dawn had a slight whiplash from what she saw. I think my hair glowed a bit white there... Dawn thought. Still, someone trying to turn this place into an inn in the 70s... That's new. Hmm, I did get the first insight at the creature's appearance... Golden eyes... Dawn then set her eyes on the shelf in front of herself. Twenty books... May as well start arranging them in order... And so, Dawn calmly and carefully started rearranging the books.

(07-09-2024, 04:54 AM)Bound cat Wrote: - “Mmmhhhhh” - Yana found that her mouth was still sealed, although it was no longer clamped by someone else's palm. Her first impulse was to remove the sticky substance from her lips, but she remembered in time what had happened to Gwen and did not do it.
Instead, she ran to the guard closest to Gwen and pushed her hard, hoping to knock her down and either break through the encirclement or give Gwen time to finish what she was doing, whatever it was.
[Image: 17.jpg]

Inna blushed: “You must be right. Because of this perverted quest, I hear all sorts of oddities...”
She stood on the footprints, as ordered by the animatronic, picked up a gun and nodded to Lauren: “Join me”

(Well would you look at that. A critical fail... Lol I got 1)

Yana suddenly resembled a linebacker as she tackled a guard to keep them from getting to Gwen... Only to see the other guard and Librarian returning to where they were ten minutes earlier. 

As Dawn meanwhile searched through the books on the shelf she could only find four books on the shelf with the symbols, two of them sharing the star symbol. Perhaps she could try to get Gwen and Yana to help her look around for them.

The moment Gwen touched the page she felt weird. To her shock she was no longer in the library but in her favorite shop at the mall, her gag was now missing but her hands were still bound. Another odd thing were the people looking around, many wearing some form of bondage as they searched through the shelves. 

"Miss? Do you need help?" A woman called out to Gwen from behind the service counter. Her unnaturally red hair stood while as she studied Gwen with amused golden eyes. She wore a black opera glove on her left arm and a fingerless black lace glove on the right, wearing a black bustier corset with grey straps and silver buckles.

Of course to Yana and Dawn it simply looked like she was just standing still, concentrating on the paper.

Lauren jumped on the counter, taking a seat. 

"I'm good her, thanks. Just in case you need someone to pull you out of a trap door." Lauren paused as she was turning to look at the shooting gallery, the spot where the animatronic they were just talking to had ducked down was completely empty. She shook her head and ignored it, watching as the scene began to move with figures depicting the story they were just told of bandits kidnapping women.

A score counter lit up with an arrow pointing at the score 15,000, perhaps indicating that was what Inna needed to reach to win the game.

((Alright Cat, the next few posts for Inna are gonna be interesting. You need to roll 4 dice, 1 will be an instant binding and 20 being the equivalent of 2000 points. We'll be going till you either get the four restraints or you win.)

Yana stared in disbelief at the guards, who suddenly last all interest in them, as well as at Gwen, frozen in a trance.
- "Hhh... hhrr ppphh? (Hey, you're okay)" - she mumbled softly and waved her palm in front of Gwen's eyes.

- “Well, let's get started” - Inna took a shooting stance and opened fire. She aimed at bandits, trying to avoid hitting women and symbols with bindings.

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

[Image: 4d20.jpg]
Dawn simply put the two Star books with each other at first. She then approached the others. She used ASL to sign the words "Search," "18," "books," "Star," "Moon," "Star," "Diamond," and "help". Her intent was to communicate with the others that she'll need help finding books marked with specific symbols. That was the best way she could communicate in a place where the library can get a little pissy over speech.

Then Dawn saw Gwen. She wondered why Gwen zoned out. She opted to use her aura reading skills to see what's happening.

((17 for aura reading))

--------

(("Bound" is putting what Gwen's hands went through loosely. "Trapped" is probably more accurate.))

Gwen had no idea what she's doing in... Let's say a movie theater (Hot Topic and random bondage shop were cliche). Looking around, Gwen walked up to the strange attendant and said, "Okay, right off the bat, I don't know what here is or what's going on."
(07-09-2024, 01:08 PM)Bound cat Wrote: Yana stared in disbelief at the guards, who suddenly last all interest in them, as well as at Gwen, frozen in a trance.
- "Hhh... hhrr ppphh? (Hey, you're okay)" - she mumbled softly and waved her palm in front of Gwen's eyes.

- “Well, let's get started” - Inna took a shooting stance and opened fire. She aimed at bandits, trying to avoid hitting women and symbols with bindings.

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

[Image: 4d20.jpg]

(07-09-2024, 02:03 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: Dawn simply put the two Star books with each other at first. She then approached the others. She used ASL to sign the words "Search," "18," "books," "Star," "Moon," "Star," "Diamond," and "help". Her intent was to communicate with the others that she'll need help finding books marked with specific symbols. That was the best way she could communicate in a place where the library can get a little pissy over speech.

Then Dawn saw Gwen. She wondered why Gwen zoned out. She opted to use her aura reading skills to see what's happening.

((17 for aura reading))

--------

(("Bound" is putting what Gwen's hands went through loosely. "Trapped" is probably more accurate.))

Gwen had no idea what she's doing in... Let's say a movie theater (Hot Topic and random bondage shop were cliche). Looking around, Gwen walked up to the strange attendant and said, "Okay, right off the bat, I don't know what here is or what's going on."

(I got... 1, 4, 20, 1, and 16. Cool. Though damn two fails in one roll. )

Inna was doing pretty well as she avoided the women standees with ease, however she seemed to mistime her last shot as it flipped to red. 

"Ooo, that sucks." Lauren hissed as Inna was currently at a score of 3215. What she didn't notice however was the gag that suddenly appeared over the other girl's mouth, the red light next to the gag symbol glowing brightly.

When Yana looked back at the guard she had kicked off she watched them get off the ground... Using the suddenly repaired chair to steady themself before they rejoined the other guard at the door.

Dawn was able to enter Gwen's mins with ease yet something was strange. Dawn found herself in one of her calming places, yet a throne made of materials that'd fit the area though twisted by a dark energy
supported a woman around Dawn's age with blood red hair and golden eyes, a monstrous black left arm supported her head as she looked unimpressed at Dawn. Behind her sitting a movie theater door.

"You know, your very flippant." The woman stated as she sat back in the chair. "You crumble up my paper when I originally tried to get your attention and now that I'm talking to Gwen, you suddenly want to talk with me." While the words sounded accusing, there was a mirth to her tone showing that she was less troubled by Dawn's intrusion. "You didn't even give me enough time to make myself fully presentable." She sighed, motioning to her arm.

Meanwhile with Gwen, the woman jumped over the counter, sitting by the register as she smiled at Gwen. A smile similar to what a cat might give a canary.

"Oh come on Gwen, you might not where here is but we both know you came here for my help." The woman then crossed her legs. "Why else would you have touched the page?"

"Uhhh..." Gwen is admittedly worried, perhaps from her own hesitance. Makes sense as Gwen was hesitant in touching the page.

While Gwen hesitated in finding the words to say, Dawn spoke. "The feeling is mutual," Dawn replied knowing what event the entity referred to. "I am simply here to check if Gwen is alright. It seems I have found something a bit more than that... Bold move targeting a specific aspect of one's aura as your first move. However, it seems in your own haste to make your next move against me, you forget that a game can be played with two controllers. I have pieced together what you're trying to do here based on your paper, your words, and a read I did on the Librarian's mind... You're tempting people into falling into your trap in this room through the guise of a cheat sheet, aren't you?"

((No, Dawn can't control minds. The video game metaphor is just a metaphor of the mind games both Dawn and the entity played. Also, not sure if this is needed, but I precautionarily rolled for Gwen's willpower and got a 12.))

Yana decided that it was better not to touch Gwen while she was in a trance. It is better to leave this matter to the telepathic master (that is, Dawn). Instead, she grabbed a chair, swung it, and stood next to Gwen, ready to hit any guard who tried to approach them with the chair.
“Oh yeah, baby. Sheriff Inna is the fastest gun west of the Mississsppphhh...i”- suddenly Inna's mouth was gagged with a huge red ballgag.
- “HHhh!! WWWhhhyy yyhhh ffffkhhh" - girl felt the gag with her hands with a bewilderment and concern and stared questioningly at Lauren with wide-open eyes..
(07-09-2024, 06:18 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: "Uhhh..." Gwen is admittedly worried, perhaps from her own hesitance. Makes sense as Gwen was hesitant in touching the page.

While Gwen hesitated in finding the words to say, Dawn spoke. "The feeling is mutual," Dawn replied knowing what event the entity referred to. "I am simply here to check if Gwen is alright. It seems I have found something a bit more than that... Bold move targeting a specific aspect of one's aura as your first move. However, it seems in your own haste to make your next move against me, you forget that a game can be played with two controllers. I have pieced together what you're trying to do here based on your paper, your words, and a read I did on the Librarian's mind... You're tempting people into falling into your trap in this room through the guise of a cheat sheet, aren't you?"

((No, Dawn can't control minds. The video game metaphor is just a metaphor of the mind games both Dawn and the entity played. Also, not sure if this is needed, but I precautionarily rolled for Gwen's willpower and got a 12.))

(07-10-2024, 02:11 PM)Bound cat Wrote: Yana decided that it was better not to touch Gwen while she was in a trance. It is better to leave this matter to the telepathic master (that is, Dawn). Instead, she grabbed a chair, swung it, and stood next to Gwen, ready to hit any guard who tried to approach them with the chair.

(07-11-2024, 01:50 PM)Bound cat Wrote: “Oh yeah, baby. Sheriff Inna is the fastest gun west of the Mississsppphhh...i”- suddenly Inna's mouth was gagged with a huge red ballgag.
- “HHhh!! WWWhhhyy yyhhh ffffkhhh" - girl felt the gag with her hands with a bewilderment and concern and stared questioningly at Lauren with wide-open eyes..

"I gotta say, that wasn't the reaction I was expecting
" The woman said to Gwen with a smile. "I figured you'd be trying to attack me once I revealed who I was." She teased. (It was not, lol) 

The other version of the woman meanwhile laughed at Dawn, her clawed hand hovering over her mouth. "Oh Dawn, you were so close yet you tripped up at the end." The woman then stood up, walking closer to the blonde. "I simply saw you all were struggling with some of the puzzles and I wanted to throw you bone." And oddly enough, if Dawn probed, she'd discover this Eldritch being was telling her the truth. "Though I am trying to get more playmates, you got me there, but I'll also respect the rules." 

The figures returned to their positions as Yana swung her weapon of choice. The goo over her mouth meanwhile turned into a ballgag.

"Oh~" Lauren purred as she rushed to Inna. She gave the gag a pull, the ball leaving Inna's mouth yet the straps stayed held tight to her head. "Looks like Sheriff Inna's in a bit of a pickle" she teased.
"The others are, evidently, based on the ruckus they caused," Dawn replied. "However, I have already figured out where to start. I only wish the other two would take a hint. I don't think Yana really understood how hand signs worked even."
Seeing that the guards had retreated, Yana carefully put the chair back in place, trying not to make any noise. After that, she decided to look around for clues on how to bring Gwen out of her trance, or information about what was going on here at all.

[Image: 1d20-14-07.jpg]

- “Mmfff... Tfuu! Oh, thank you...” - said Inna - “Okay, I admit that I overestimated my accuracy a little. But the beginning is not bad so far (She showed the result on the scoreboard). A little more and I'll win.”
(07-13-2024, 09:13 AM)Flashlight237 Wrote: "The others are, evidently, based on the ruckus they caused," Dawn replied. "However, I have already figured out where to start. I only wish the other two would take a hint. I don't think Yana really understood how hand signs worked even."

(07-13-2024, 01:55 PM)Bound cat Wrote: Seeing that the guards had retreated, Yana carefully put the chair back in place, trying not to make any noise. After that, she decided to look around for clues on how to bring Gwen out of her trance, or information about what was going on here at all.

[Image: 1d20-14-07.jpg]

- “Mmfff... Tfuu! Oh, thank you...” - said Inna - “Okay, I admit that I overestimated my accuracy a little. But the beginning is not bad so far (She showed the result on the scoreboard). A little more and I'll win.”

As Yana searched the room she didn't get far before finding three more books: two stars and a diamond. As the books were off the shelf, Yana could see something odd behind them... Was that a pull cord?

(14)
"Possibly." The figure hummed. "But you all still have your phones. Even if you don't have each other's numbers, you can still open a writing app, can't you?" The woman like entity then stood up with a smirk.

"And that was your freebie, any more information comes at a trade. Nothing big mind you but something to make it far." She then shook her left arm as if it had gone to sleep, the monstrous form turning to dust as a normal hand in a black opera glove replaced it.

"Well," The woman said to Gwen, getting off the counter as she walked towards the gallery of screens. "It's time to give you your hint. But! Choose wisely, after all, only the first one is free." She warned Gwen.

(Alright time for a roll! 1-10 gives a not too helpful hint while 11-20 are good ones.)

"Just be careful, fastest gun, cause three more and it looks like you'll be helpless to some... Nefarious forces." Lauren said the last bit with a giggle before letting the ball go, the rubber sphere finding it's way back into Inna's mouth.

"...Huh. Should have tried that." Dawn said.

-----

"I guess..." And so, Gwen relented.

((15.))

[Image: 7FcCOeI.png]
- “Hmm?" - Yana examined the pull cord more closely, trying to figure out what it is and what it is attached to.

“Thanfff... FFFfff?!! GGRRmmmphhh!!!!?" - Inna did not immediately realize what had happened.  But when she realized what was going on, she grabbed her gag with her hands and began to pull in an attempt to get rid of it, or at least temporarily pull the ball out of her mouth, as Lauren had just done.
But alas, her attempts came to nothing. The ball was firmly stuck in the girl's mouth, and it didn't seem like it was going to leave it anytime soon.
"Damn it. How did this bitch do it?" - thought Inna, throwing a furious look at Lauren.
Okay, it looks like she won't be able to get rid of the gag until she completes the task. With an exasperated snort, Inna took the gun and fired four more shots at the bandits.
Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

((19, 14, 14, 7. I do not know why it does not fit on one screen anymore))
[Image: 4-1d20-19-07-2024.jpg]