Anonymated Rubbery Processing Grounds
You wake up in a padded white room.  The top of the room does not seem to have a ceiling yet provides enough light to see the four walls.  Each wall has a swinging door that holds a plaque:

-Easy
-Normal
-Hard
-Instant Doom

What will you do?
[Image: Beta.png]
Dawn, the Moonchild, found herself in a padded room. "Huh..?" Looking around, Dawn noticed the strange structure of the room. "Why am I in an asylum?" Dawn asked. "Furthermore, what kind of mental institute is this place?" Usually first impressions mean everything, but here, they don't really mean a whole lot. Upon getting her bearings, Dawn saw the four doors before her.

"What's this all about?" Dawn asked. After some thinking, Dawn made her move. Dawn grabbed the handle of the door marked "Normal," then opened it. Dawn then went through the door, wondering what the place even is.
The Normal room looked like the previous, except that there was some writing on the padded floor, a sentence or two per tile:

Normalcy is to accept who you are.  You start with no benefits nor powers barred.

For every exploration three, a reward you gain for free.

Live with three of heart, all gone go back to start.

It seems that the door Dawn had went through was gone, just a wall behind her.  On each wall, there was a door, though these ones were colored; one black, one yellow, one blue.
"Hmm, it seems this place has a way with words..." Dawn looked down at the poem written on the floor.

Quote:Normalcy is to accept who you are.  You start with no benefits nor powers barred.

"Basically, what it's saying is I'm going in with what I got; nothing more, nothing less. Hmm..." Dawn thought about it. "Innately, I have aura-reading, animal communication, levitation, clairvoyance, and teleportation upwards of 71 meters (this was calculated from the first episode of TDROTI) going for me. My ability to predict the future is fairly limited despite my prediction of Dakotazoid's arrival. Conversely, my downfall in the show was caused by Scott making use of my weakness of being unable to sense what I can't see. That and my animal powers won't work against mollusks. I think I got all the bases of myself covered."

Quote:For every exploration three, a reward you gain for free.

"Okay, so if I manage to get through three levels, I can gain something out of it. Neat."

Quote:Live with three of heart, all gone go back to start.

"Okay, three lives and no continues... Got it."

Dawn then looked at the walls. "Hmm... These doors are colored. I wonder if that means something..." Dawn headed into into the yellow door first.
After Dawn entered the room, the first thing she'll note is that the room is yellow.  She could make out a blue door and a green door, and barely make out the yellow door in the back.

Another door opened up next to where she was and a red-headed girl sauntered in.  Unlike Dawn, it seems she was carrying an eight ball and a heart-shaped locket, both that radiated a bit of power (It goes without saying that the two doors they entered in vanished.)

"Well, you're a new face, aren't cha?"  The girl noticed Dawn next to her and eyed her over.  "Damn, don't look like you got useful stuff.  So, I guess ya need some sort of primer about this wierdo place."
"Yeah," Dawn replied. "What is this place, anyhow?"
"Geez, if you wanted me to be specific, that covers a lot of questions.  Which ones are more important?"  The girl snapped her fingers a couple of times as she thought up said questions.  "I'm gonna say 'I dunno' to where and why we're here, but what this place is, seems like some sort of game, the kind you'll have to reach the end to win."

"I think you can figure out that these colored rooms play a part in this game.  Yellow rooms, they're the no-rules zone. That means I can trade or give away whatever loot I find here without triggering a penalty.  Also means I can smack all the hearts out of you if I wanted to, but I won't do that. On the plus side, you won't get an actual challenge in this kind of room."  The girl looked at the green door.  "I think I got time for one more question before I go.  Best not to stay in this kind of room for obvious reasons."
(05-17-2021, 01:20 AM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: "Geez, if you wanted me to be specific, that covers a lot of questions.  Which ones are more important?"  The girl snapped her fingers a couple of times as she thought up said questions.  "I'm gonna say 'I dunno' to where and why we're here, but what this place is, seems like some sort of game, the kind you'll have to reach the end to win."

"I think you can figure out that these colored rooms play a part in this game.  Yellow rooms, they're the no-rules zone. That means I can trade or give away whatever loot I find here without triggering a penalty.  Also means I can smack all the hearts out of you if I wanted to, but I won't do that. On the plus side, you won't get an actual challenge in this kind of room."  The girl looked at the green door.  "I think I got time for one more question before I go.  Best not to stay in this kind of room for obvious reasons."

"I'll make this swift," Dawn said, sensing the aura from the items the girl had. "I'm sensing some sort of aura from the items you have. Why is that?"
The girl pointed to her 8-ball and heart locket.  "These?  When I said it's like a game, these two are rewards you can get from going through it, obviously not just any times.  This is an Extra Heart Locket, which should sacrifice itself if I should lose a heart.  And this is a 1-in-8 Ball; it apparently gives me a 1-in-8 chance to grant me a magic shield when entering a room."

"Well, I'm gonna go now.  Can't say we'll meet again."  The girl left through the green door.
Natasha is a chubby girl with short black hair, dressed in a simple nightgown, in which she went to bed the night before. She wakes up in a padded room and blinks and looks around in confusion.
After studying all 4 doors, she came to the conclusion that she was still asleep, and all this was just a dream. "Of course it's a dream! This is what happens, when you play video games late at night."
Well, the first time is always better to choose the normal difficulty. Not too worried, Natasha goes in the door marked "Normal"
The Normal room looked like the previous, except that there was some writing on the padded floor, a sentence or two per tile:

Normalcy is to accept who you are.  You start with no benefits nor powers barred.

It seems that the door Natasha had went through was gone, just a wall behind her.  On each wall, there was a door, though these ones were colored; one blue, one green, one red.
Hannah groaned tiredly, trying, and failing to roll over and fall back asleep for a few more minuets, or an hours, before she begrudging sat up sleepily pawing at her eyes as she blinked awake.

"... why does this always happen to me" she yawned out, stretching her arms above her head as she took in her surroundings, a deadpan look on her face. her long ebony hair was done up in simple pigs tails to keep it out of her face and her emerald eyes where framed with a pair of glasses she remembers taking off before falling asleep last night. she wore a plane pair of panties and a over sized, long t shirt that looked like a dress on her thin body. doing a few more stretches to get her blood flowing, she shakily stood up, scanning the room once more, "normal seems the best place to start..." she mumbled to herself, slipping through the normal door.

It seems that the door Hannah had went through was gone, just a wall behind her.  On each wall, there was a door, though these ones were colored; two red and one purple.  Another look at the red doors, and it seems that the one on the center door had a plus sign embedded in  it.
"make it through 3 rooms and get a reward, lose 3 times and you restart. ... this seem familiar" Hannah mumbled to herself, racking her brain in an attempt to remember why this situation seemed so familiar, from the rules to the whole set up, though when nothing came to mind she simply shrugged it off, mumbling "must remind me of some game I played" under her breath, giving each of the doors a once over in thought, before going through the red plus door in the center
Natasha read the inscription on the floor. Well, it seems to be quite understandable.
The disappearance of the first door surprised her a little at first, but then she remembered that it was all just a dream.
Without hesitation, Natasha went through the green door. It's just her favorite color.
"Right. Looks like I'll have to get a move-on." Dawn looked around her. Giving the matter some thought, Dawn decided to go into the green door after the other girl. Perhaps there's something else in the green room?
Upon entering the red-plus room, Hannah would see two white blobs in the room, both approximately knee-high.  It does not seem like they noticed her yet.

Red is the path of fury. Fight with hearts temporary.

---

Upon entering the green room, Natasha would see a white blob in the room, approximately knee-high.  It does not seem like it noticed her yet.

Green is the path of help.  Only the heartless would strike the whelp.

---

Upon entering the green room, Dawn would see a white blob in the room, approximately knee-high.  It does not seem like it noticed her yet.

Yellow is the path of no laws.  Trade upon words, trinkets or flaws.

Green is the path of help.  [i]Only the heartless would strike the whelp.[/i]
"Green is the path of help..." Dawn thought. "Only the heartless would fight the whelp." Okay, so in this room, attacking anything here would just be wrong. The moonchild then turned to the white blob. Apparently the white blob seems to be this place's idea of an NPC. Perhaps I should approach it and see what it needs.

With that, Dawn decided to interact with the white blob. "Hello. Is there anything you need?"
...path of fury, huh? Hannah mused to herself in thought, keeping quite as possible as not to alert the slimes in the room. so red doors means a fight, does the plus mean that there are more then one enemies? .... damn, should have went through the purple door.

she nervously bit her lip as she scanned the room, looking for anything that could help her, or if she could sneak by the slimes as she slowly circled them, sticking to the walls of the room.
(05-15-2021, 01:03 PM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: You wake up in a padded white room.  The top of the room does not seem to have a ceiling yet provides enough light to see the four walls.  Each wall has a swinging door that holds a plaque:

-Easy
-Normal
-Hard
-Instant Doom

What will you do?

Rehyanne is really tired of getting into these situations. "Oh, come on!" She quickly adjusts her glasses and heads forward for the "Normal" door.