Fall Goos Beta
Will be trying a Fall Guys-style RP.  Here are the details:

-There will be 60 contestants.  You do not need to provide a lot of people.
-The RP will use a modified Squad rule.  This should mean that RPers can join in the following rounds even if they are eliminated (as long as at least one RPer/NPC in their ground reaches the goal).  This rule will be removed at a later point.
-While you can wear anything for this beta, a jumpsuit and helmet will be provided for those wanting to keep clean.

Assuming the max number of players pass each round, there should be 4 pre-selected rounds for this test.  This will be to test the game structures.

---

You will all enter a dressing room to begin this RP.  The dressing room is split into motifs of red, blue and yellow, and there are about 4 lockers per color.  There is also a door at the back of each colored wall, though they seem to be locked for now.
[Image: Beta.png]
((Fall Guys players after doing literally anything:
))

Okay, Fall Guys... Where should I begin..? Well, given the enormity of a Fall Guys match itself, it would be a bit of a challenge to focus on anyone in particular. Perhaps a "write in many, focus on few" style akin to the likes of Total Drama and the Tournament of Power Saga of Dragon Ball Super works best. Less weight on the writers that way.

Now then... Among the massive crowd (how the dressing room can manage 60 people is something that will be answered in due time) that will compete, there are many contestants from the Total Drama series, of course being picked by myself. For convenience, I'll have them named in groups. The Island Group consists of three OGs: Courtney, Heather, and Lindsay. The Revenge Group had three 2nd-genners: Dawn, Zoey, and Anne Maria. The Pahkitew Group had the hot twins (Amy and Samey) and the adorable princess: Ella. Lastly, the Ridonculous Group consisted of gals who appeared in the spin-off: Emma, Kitty, and Carrie.

It went without saying that some of them had their fair share of antics. Kitty was going out of her way to take selfies around the area for instance. Anne Maria, on the other hand, was spraying her hair (which itself may as well be a steel helm), causing several people to back away from her. But most interesting were the Island Group. Let's see what they're up to.

"So, what exactly is this game supposed to be?" Courtney asked.
"Apparently it's some stupid obstacle course game," Heather replied. "Apparently the game features penguin-human hybrids."
"Ugh..!" Courtney was disgusted at Heather's remark. "Don't ever bring that image into my head ever again."
Lindsay was standing there counting all the people. "Uhh... What comes after 10 again?" Lindsay asked.
"Oh my god..." Courtney facepalmed. "Why do we keep bringing that idiot along again?"
Heather shrugged.
Lindsay then turned her attention to the colors of the dressing room. "Oooo..! Pretty colors..!" Lindsay went for the red dressing area.
"Lindsay, where are you going?" Courtney went in after Lindsay along with Heather.

"I guess it must be time to pick out our gear," Zoey said.
"I surmise that it is..." Dawn replied as she and Zoey went into the blue section.

Needless to say, the Island Group went into the red area, the Revenge Group went into the blue area, the Pahkitew Group into the yellow area, and the Ridonculous Group opting to bide their time.
((First, the bold part meant your job isn't to provide 60 people.  In fact, a RPer isn't expected to fill out a full team, let alone three; the idea was that RPers would use one or two players and I'd be able to provide a number of safety-net NPCs with the number we usually get.  But I suppose I should have given an expected number.))

---

Should the girls decide to look inside their lockers, they would see that the lockers are wide enough for a person to stand in if the lone shelf was removed.  In each locker and on each shelf was a folded pink jumpsuit and a matching pink biker helmet.

In addition to the lockers, each colored section has an ice chest, though only blue's could be opened to reveal some canned drinks from soda to iced tea.  It should also be noted that each section also had a pair of colored benches they could sit on, and there are shower rooms past the red and yellow rooms, also tinted red and yellow respectively.

Another look around the room also shows a digital clock and an intercom speaker, though the fact that the clock was ticking down indicated it was a timer, which proved to be true when the timer reached five minutes and the intercom went live.

"Five minutes until the doors to the first round open.  In this game, you will be able to form a squad by entering one of the three doors at the back of this room.  The doors will register the four people who walk through the door and lock afterwards.  Similarly, the dressing room you are in will only allow entry for the 12 people who walked in, so it is not possible for any player to be locked out of the game.  Also, if anyone remains in the dressing room when the round starts, they will be eliminated and the squad will not gain a replacement member."

---

((If anyone else wants to enter, they'll have to use a second dressing room that looks like the above because Flashlight filled up the first one.  Flashlight is also forbidden from adding any more characters.))
(07-20-2021, 12:41 AM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: ((First, the bold part meant your job isn't to provide 60 people.  In fact, a RPer isn't expected to fill out a full team, let alone three; the idea was that RPers would use one or two players and I'd be able to provide a number of safety-net NPCs with the number we usually get.  But I suppose I should have given an expected number.))

((I'll be real, the same safety-net logic was why I had went for that smorgasbord (blame my cautionism; I didn't think about whether you'd actually try for something as huge as a 60-character group), tho yeah, you're right. I should've went smaller. Credit for trying to reassure me, even if you were chastising me. In any case, I'll free up space with my next post.))

While the lot were getting dressed in their jumpsuits and helmets, the Revenge group had their share of refreshments; just one for each. The short time frame meant they didn't have long here, and no time for a wash either.

"I suppose we should hurry along," Zoey said.
"It would appear so," Dawn replied. "Who do you think will be booted off in the first round?"
"I would imagine Lindsay, first and foremost. Aside from her, I'm thinking maybe the twins and Kitty."
"A fair assessment, Zo." Dawn got up. "Well, we should get going."
"Right."

That being said, the Island group went for red, the Revenge group blue, and the Pahkitew crew yellow. Of course the Ridonculous group had to split off, with Kitty in red, Emma in blue, and Carrie in yellow.
After the five minutes turned to zero, clicks could be heard as the three doors unlocked.

Leaving the room through the doors, they would step into a half-circle, surrounded by 15 doors including theirs.  The flat side was blocked off by a clear wall; the course ahead was padded and suspended over a lake of pink goo, with a few obstacles and gaps.

Soon, the 12 was join by many helmeted contestants, bringing their numbers up to 60.

"For the Beta, I'll focus more on the mechanics than the looks.  You can move up to 6 spaces in a turn (or roll a 6-sided die), then you'll roll a d20 without crits or fails.  The blue spaces are zones without any danger.  The numbers represent obstacles (let's say 2 are pendulums and 5 are holes).  If you move 6 spaces the first turn, you'll accumulate 7 points (2 + 5), and your d20 roll must be higher than 7 to be safe; failing will send you back to your previous spot or to the nearest blue tile behind depending on where you landed.  Also, if you had rolled 5 on the first time, you would have landed on that five, so the points become what you passed and double of what you landed on for that d20 roll (2 + (5x2) = 12) because you are literally in a more dangerous spot, though winning that roll does not move you to the next tile but still puts you on solid ground."

"The round ends once 30 members reach the finish line.  Because of Squad rules, though, the actual number that will pass may be 28 or 32.  That is, Squads that don't have all their members at the finish line could still pass, and Squads that have most of everyone at the finish line may still fail.  These results will be calculated through an algorithm, but you'll need not to worry if you get everyone across the finish line."

"I'll give a minute to ensure everyone's at the starting line.  When you hear the buzzer, the wall will drop down and the game will start."
[Image: attachment.php?aid=3]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-20-2021, 10:40 AM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: After the five minutes turned to zero, clicks could be heard as the three doors unlocked.

Leaving the room through the doors, they would step into a half-circle, surrounded by 15 doors including theirs.  The flat side was blocked off by a clear wall; the course ahead was padded and suspended over a lake of pink goo, with a few obstacles and gaps.

Soon, the 12 was join by many helmeted contestants, bringing their numbers up to 60.

"For the Beta, I'll focus more on the mechanics than the looks.  You can move up to 6 spaces in a turn (or roll a 6-sided die), then you'll roll a d20 without crits or fails.  The blue spaces are zones without any danger.  The numbers represent obstacles (let's say 2 are pendulums and 5 are holes).  If you move 6 spaces the first turn, you'll accumulate 7 points (2 + 5), and your d20 roll must be higher than 7 to be safe; failing will send you back to your previous spot or to the nearest blue tile behind depending on where you landed.  Also, if you had rolled 5 on the first time, you would have landed on that five, so the points become what you passed and double of what you landed on for that d20 roll (2 + (5x2) = 12) because you are literally in a more dangerous spot, though winning that roll does not move you to the next tile but still puts you on solid ground."

"The round ends once 30 members reach the finish line.  Because of Squad rules, though, the actual number that will pass may be 28 or 32.  That is, Squads that don't have all their members at the finish line could still pass, and Squads that have most of everyone at the finish line may still fail.  These results will be calculated through an algorithm, but you'll need not to worry if you get everyone across the finish line."

"I'll give a minute to ensure everyone's at the starting line.  When you hear the buzzer, the wall will drop down and the game will start."
[Image: attachment.php?aid=3]

Oddly enough, those on red had their gear changed to red, blue to blue, and yellow to yellow. That being said, Emma turned to Courtney. "Do these guys know what social distancing is?" Emma asked.
"No clue..." Courtney replied.
At the sound of the buzzer, the clear wall dropped and nearly everyone rush through. Some of them were blindsided by swinging punching bags that knocked them down while others got ahead only to mistime or get pushed into the hole. It would be interesting to note that that splashed down from the hole or sides were quickly ejected from pipes on the side back onto the course.

Needless to say, a number of players haven't gotten past the first stretch, but it wouldn't be a good idea to just stand around.
Lindsay swiftly ran out the gate, but...

"LEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!"

And Lindsay fell off the map.

"Oh my friggin' lord..." Courtney facepalmed.

That being said, Red Team had to start slow and steady (1).
In the meantime, Blue Team went ahead a little (2).
Yellow Team... Ran like heck (5).
Quote:Team Red - Space 0-1 - EC 0 - Pass  -  New Position: 1
Team Blue - Space 0-2 - EC 4 - Pass  -  New Position: 2
Team Yellow - Space 0-5 - EC 12 - Fail  -  New Position: Start

It wouldn't take long for Lindsay to rejoin the Red Team, if a bit gooped.  While everyone was passing them, this should give them time to check out the obstacles.

Team Blue was halted by the resurgence of the people who fell earlier, and right when they had entered a field of swinging padded pendulums. Somehow, all the shoving around somehow shoved them away from the danger and past that obstacle.

The same could not be said for Team Yellow; Amy and Samey had been knocked off by the pendulums and Carrie had mistimed her jump, literally dragging Ella down with her.  All four landed with a plop in the gooey lake, then they were sucked down.  Whatever the liquid was seemed to have cocooned them as they couldn't move their limbs, but they could feel themselves getting moved up, then moving in a more fluid liquid that seems to loosen the goo, so by the time they were ejected back to the starting line, they could move freely, if a bit messy.
"Ugh... What happened..?" Amy said.
"I've no clue..." Samey replied.
"Wait, the others are getting ahead of us!" Carrie pointed at the other teams.
"Quick! We must catch up!"

So, yellow team made their move once more (3)

Though I ain't sure if they'll catch up... (3 for Red, 1 for Blue)
Quote:Team Red - Space 1-4 - EC 2 - Pass  -  New Position: 4
Team Blue - Space 2-3 - EC 0 - Pass  -  New Position: 3
Team Yellow - Space 0-3 - EC 2 - Pass -  New Position: 3

Teams Red and Yellow managed to get past the swinging hazards, meeting up with Team Blue that was getting ready for the gap.

---

((Because this is a Beta, if you get bored of this round, we can skip to the next round, your choice of who stays/loses))
((A little too early for that if you ask me, but I would imagine Lindsay getting the boot.))

"Okay..." Courtney looked on. "This looks dangerous... I'm seeing pendulums that'll throw us off-course up ahead atop a gap that's a bit wide. We're gonna need a running start."
"Perhaps..." Heather backed up. "Here goes nothing... YA!"
Heather jumped for it followed by Courtney, Lindsay, and Kitty. (5 for Red)

"They're moving ahead! Come on!" Zoey moved ahead of Team Blue. (6 for Blue)

Of course Team Yellow went onward. (6 for yellow)
Quote:Team Red - Space 4-9 - EC 7 - Pass  -  New Position: 9
Team Blue - Space 3-9 - EC 7 - Pass  -  New Position: 9
Team Yellow - Space 3-9 - EC 7 - Pass -  New Position: 9

The three teams were neck to neck.  Not only did they manage to jump the gap with no issue, but they also weaved through a set of padded pillars that instead slid across the platform.  Up ahead was another gap, though.
It was a crowded mess, with girls shoving against one another left and right. Courtney, of course, shoulder-charged Zoey off the map while Heather pushed Emma off. That being said, the others had to move on.

(4 for red, 3 for blue, and 2 for yellow.)
Quote:Team Red - Space 9-13 - EC 5 - Fail -  New Position: 9
Team Blue - Space 9-12 - EC 9 - Pass  -  New Position: 12
Team Yellow - Space 9-11 - EC 7 - Pass -  New Position: 11

The majority of the Blue and Yellow teams managed to jump over the gap and dive through the swinging obstacles, though Blue had a close call.

However, Red Team had a few people pushing past them, messing up their timing as they fell into the lake.  They might have seen Zoey and Emma among those people.
"That's karma, bitches," Emma said.
Heather groaned in response. By the time they were all retrieved, the girls had to try again at the gap. (4 for Team Red)

By the time Emma and Zoey caught back up with Team Blue, they had basically floored it! (6 for Team Blue)

Team Yellow on the other hand just took their time... (1 for Team Yellow)
Quote:Team Red - Space 9-13 - EC 7 - Pass-  New Position: 13
Team Blue - Space 12-18 - EC 7 - Pass  -  New Position: 18
Team Yellow - Space 11-12 - EC 4 - Pass -  New Position: 12

The Red team jumped over the gap and pushed past the Yellow team, almost endangering them to the swinging pendulums.  Ironically enough, the Blue team had also pass their own gap and obstacles without issue.  In fact, the Blue Team may have realized that the segments were becoming shorter the further they got.
"Wow!" Anne Maria said. "We certainly made the other teams eat our dust."
"There's no time to waste, Annie. We still have a ways to go." Emma looked on. "We should be watchful of any trolls willing to push people off ahead of us."
"True," Dawn said. "Some people don't like playing fair."
"Right you are, Dawn," Emma replied.

Soon enough, Team Blue moved on. (5)

The other teams trailed behind still. (1 for red, 6 for yellow)
((Ending this now. The board game approach, while balanced, doesn't really fit Fall Guys.

---

Plans in case you were curious:

-Losers would have been in those rubbery cocoons used in the pipes and left inside the shared dressing rooms. In addition, the chest with ropes and tape would have been unlocked so you could...sabotage the other teams, but not during races.

-Event Number 2 would have been the mountain race. After the first turn, a number of tiles would be Blotted, so anyone on those tiles would be eliminated rather than sent to a checkpoint. In addition, failure rolls would have just send you down to a lower roll.

-The next chest would have been something.

-Event Number 3 would have been the cylinder. There are 5 "spaces", and as the floor rotates, the escape rolls for each space changes. The escape rolls are roughly calculated as the space event plus the number of spaces moved. Failures will eliminate them.

-The final event would have been the falling tiles. That is, everyone starts on the top tiles and have about six floors before they fall into the lake. The escape rolls increase each turn players are on that floor. ))
((Yeah, I can see why the approach would just feel sluggish as opposed to what Fall Guys really is.))