Escape The Padded Cell
((Okay, first RP thread in the forum. I go for a relatively light RP session so we can get our heads back in the game. Without further ado, here goes.))

You wake up in a padded cell. You are wearing nothing but your underwear and a straitjacket that was very securely bound onto your body. You wonder what the frick is going on until you find a note. The note would read...

"Greetings. You may be wondering why you're here. Well, I'd like to propose a little challenge to you. If you can escape your cell, you'll be rewarded with a $50 gift card to Amazon. If you don't, hope you don't mind having your straitjacket being padlocked for the rest of the day. Now then, see if you can get out of your cell.

P.S. If you're a Karen, don't bother. We already padlocked your jacket and a had sent in a giant scorpion to your cell to have you for lunch. This was a measure we took to keep you from spreading rabies."

With that being said, why don't you have a look around, eh?
"ugh .... l-last time I d-drink that much ... wh-what happened?" Hannah groggily groaned out as she slowly blinked awake, letting her eyes adjust to the bright lights of the room, taking the chance to wake up fully, before she sat up. "...? h-how did I end up here? I didn't r-really drink that much ... d-did I?" she hummed out loud to herself in thought, reading the note once or twice to make sure she didn't miss anything as she experimentally tugged and pulled at her straitjacket, her cheeks burning with a light blush while she curiously looked around the padded room.
(03-11-2021, 05:07 PM)bond56 Wrote: "ugh .... l-last time I d-drink that much ... wh-what happened?" Hannah groggily groaned out as she slowly blinked awake, letting her eyes adjust to the bright lights of the room, taking the chance to wake up fully, before she sat up. "...? h-how did I end up here? I didn't r-really drink that much ... d-did I?" she hummed out loud to herself in thought, reading the note once or twice to make sure she didn't miss anything as she experimentally tugged and pulled at her straitjacket, her cheeks burning with a light blush while she curiously looked around the padded room.

I doubt it had anything to do with alcohol, broseph, but alright.

Okay, the idea is for you to escape, but how? In your cell, you might find a chest. The first thing you find on the chest are four buttons: one cyan, one magenta, one yellow, and one black. The chest itself was a dark green color.

Beyond that, you might find an iron weight out of reach in another corner.
Candi stirred from her slumber. The failure to stretch her arms out was her first clue that something was amiss, and as the haze left her eyes, she realized the brightness wasn't from the sun but from the whiteness of the room.

"Dad? This isn't funny..." Candi sat up and looked around the room, trying to assess her current situation. When she spotted the note and read it, she realized the captor wasn't her dad, and then she took an actual look around the room.
[Image: Beta.png]
(03-22-2021, 10:53 AM)polyedit2000 Wrote: Candi stirred from her slumber.  The failure to stretch her arms out was her first clue that something was amiss, and as the haze left her eyes, she realized the brightness wasn't from the sun but from the whiteness of the room.

"Dad?  This isn't funny..."  Candi sat up and looked around the room, trying to assess her current situation.  When she spotted the note and read it, she realized the captor wasn't her dad, and then she took an actual look around the room.

In your cell, you might find a die cast model of a Delorean that's about as long as a TI-83. Pretty much it's a 1:24. Attached to it was what appeared to be a motor with an LCD interface similar to alarm clocks and 8-digit calculators. Let's see you figure this one out.
Candi eyed the toy car and somewhat recognized it. Granted, it was from a movie before her time, but mom had gotten the family together to watch this "classic", and the doc's maniac shout still rang loud in her ears.

"88 miles per hour." Candi shuffled her calves beneath her and stood up, getting a better range of movement. She looked down at the car's set up, seeing if there were any buttons as she nudged the car with her toe.
(03-22-2021, 08:31 PM)polyedit2000 Wrote: Candi eyed the toy car and somewhat recognized it.  Granted, it was from a movie before her time, but mom had gotten the family together to watch this "classic", and the doc's maniac shout still rang loud in her ears.

"88 miles per hour."  Candi shuffled her calves beneath her and stood up, getting a better range of movement.  She looked down at the car's set up, seeing if there were any buttons as she nudged the car with her toe.
I see you got the reference. There are buttons... Many in fact, kinda like a calculator. It seems you can set the speed this way. Given this is a scale model, she would have to think of the scale of the car rather than straight-up going for the 88 miles per hour.
Candi toed in "88", but paused for a moment. "It can't be that simple, can it?"

Candi glanced at the motor and decided to delete a number making it "8" before turning it on (or trying to). She knew 8 wasn't the right answer, but it would be the key to figuring out both the right and wrong answers.
(03-22-2021, 10:27 PM)polyedit2000 Wrote: Candi toed in "88", but paused for a moment.  "It can't be that simple, can it?"

Candi glanced at the motor and decided to delete a number making it "8" before turning it on (or trying to).  She knew 8 wasn't the right answer, but it would be the key to figuring out both the right and wrong answers.

There was a buzzer noise. 8 wasn't it.

Hint: The scale is 1:24, as described to you before.
Candi was a bit disappointed, though glad that nothing bad had happened.

Still, she was going to put in "88" again but paused. She remembered the scene when the doctor used the toy car and mom explained that the toy wasn't actually going 88 miles per hour but would trigger if it reached a speed that matched its scale. "So, it's how fast the model has to go."

Unfortunately, model cars were more of her godfather's thing, and she hadn't stuck around to learn much about them. She did examine the car again, flipping it with her foot, as she tried see if there were any numbers that indicated how big this thing is.
(03-23-2021, 12:21 AM)polyedit2000 Wrote: Candi was a bit disappointed, though glad that nothing bad had happened. 

Still, she was going to put in "88" again but paused.  She remembered the scene when the doctor used the toy car and mom explained that the toy wasn't actually going 88 miles per hour but would trigger if it reached a speed that matched its scale.  "So, it's how fast the model has to go."

Unfortunately, model cars were more of her godfather's thing, and she hadn't stuck around to learn much about them.  She did examine the car again, flipping it with her foot, as she tried see if there were any numbers that indicated how big this thing is.

There it was, the scale of the model in printed text on the underside: 1:24. This would indicate that the car was 1/24 the size of the real Delorean.
Alex tries to toss and turn in his sleep, but faces some inconvenience and slowly opens his sleepy eyes.
"What.... what's happening? Where am I?"
With some difficulty, Alex sits down and looks around uncomprehendingly

/And how are things with gags?/
(03-23-2021, 12:45 PM)Bound cat Wrote: Alex tries to toss and turn in his sleep, but faces some inconvenience and slowly opens his sleepy eyes.
"What.... what's happening? Where am I?"
With some difficulty, Alex sits down and looks around uncomprehendingly

/And how are things with gags?/

I mean I'm not one for GiD (guys in distress), but whatever. I'll save it for the next RP thread. I wasn't trying anything sexual anyway.

Anyway... In your cell, you see a glossy model resembling a pizza slice. The pizza slice had ham and pineapples on it. Behind you are two podiums, one with the Hawaiian flag and one with the Canadian flag. Anyone who knows pizza well might be a little insulted here.
/I prefer the DID, but for a change, I decided to try the GID./

After a few minutes of trying to free himself from the straitjacket, Alex finally realized it was useless and turned his attention to the note.
«Is this some kind of stupid prank?!» he thought irritably, and continued to struggle with the straitjacket. However, the jacket was quite tight and buttoned very securely. Alex was sadly forced to admit that he couldn't get rid of this on his own and would have to play by the rules.
Panting, he got to his feet and walked over to the pizza slice and examined it more closely. His mouth watered at the sight of the food, and his stomach (admittedly quite chubby) made a hungry growl. However, when he saw that it was just a glossy model, Alex sighed in disappointment. And when he saw that the «pizza» was with pineapples, he almost threw up.
«Pineapples! What kind of perverted mind is up to this?!» - thought Alex. - «However, it seems that this pizza is the key to my freedom».
He moves even closer to the pizza and gently touches it with his bare toe.
(03-24-2021, 11:12 AM)Bound cat Wrote: /I prefer the DID, but for a change, I decided to try the GID./

After a few minutes of trying to free himself from the straitjacket, Alex finally realized it was useless and turned his attention to the note.
«Is this some kind of stupid prank?!» he thought irritably, and continued to struggle with the straitjacket. However, the jacket was quite tight and buttoned very securely. Alex was sadly forced to admit that he couldn't get rid of this on his own and would have to play by the rules.
Panting, he got to his feet and walked over to the pizza slice and examined it more closely. His mouth watered at the sight of the food, and his stomach (admittedly quite chubby) made a hungry growl. However, when he saw that it was just a glossy model, Alex sighed in disappointment. And when he saw that the «pizza» was with pineapples, he almost threw up.
«Pineapples! What kind of perverted mind is up to this?!» -  thought Alex. - «However, it seems that this pizza is the key to my freedom».
He moves even closer to the pizza and gently touches it with his bare toe.

It did nothing. Try picking it up.
Well, it doesn't look like it's poison or some kind of trap. Alex tries to carefully pick up the pizza with the toes of his right foot and lift it up.

/By the way, are mouths of «patients» are free or gagged?/
(03-24-2021, 11:59 AM)Bound cat Wrote: Well, it doesn't look like it's poison or some kind of trap. Alex tries to carefully pick up the pizza with the toes of his right foot and lift it up.

/By the way, are mouths of «patients» are free or gagged?/

((You ask that as if that wasn't already answered in every other post.))

Kinda hard to do that. How good is your coordination?
"Okay, I know about scaled models, so this is about 24 times smaller that the actual thing, so just divide 88 miles by 24..." Candi attempted to math the problem out. "Okay, 24, 48, 72, 96...so it's three point something...88 minus 72 gives us 16, and 16 divided by 24...both divided by 8 gives us 2/3, so point 6 repeating..."

Candi typed in "3.666666".
(03-24-2021, 12:07 PM)polyedit2000 Wrote: "Okay, I know about scaled models, so this is about 24 times smaller that the actual thing, so just divide 88 miles by 24..."  Candi attempted to math the problem out.  "Okay, 24, 48, 72, 96...so it's three point something...88 minus 72 gives us 16, and 16 divided by 24...both divided by 8 gives us 2/3, so point 6 repeating..."

Candi typed in "3.666666".

Correct! In response to the correct answer, the Delorean model started moving on its own. Upon reaching that speed, it zoomed off, seemingly disappearing. After some time, the Delorean returned to the cell, carrying an ankh on its back. It was golden and had a ruby where the ankh's hole normally is. Looking around, you might find an ankh-shaped recess in one panel in the cell.
Candi did not spot that recess at first, but she did grab the shaft of the ankh between her big and next toe, taking a look around the room to see where she can actually use it.