What to Explore Now?

Now, I'm sure some people may get lost.
Flashlight237

What to Explore Now?

Post by Flashlight237 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:22 pm

Hey there. So, it's been awhile since I've been on this thing. Because of that, I gotta ask. In terms of RPs, like environments, scenarios, and such, what would you peeps like to explore?

ario120987

Re: What to Explore Now?

Post by ario120987 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:24 am

An idea ive seen in pics before but not gotten to roleplay before much is a museum or art gallery that traps guests and makes them part of the exhibits. Me personally I'd love stuff with full body encasement, mummification or orgam play/teasing.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:24 am

Seems cool. I tried that before myself, although I won't lie, the execution was pretty bad.

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Post by polyedit2000 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:16 pm

Well, Fall Guys is an interesting game, especially with the pink goop in some of them, easily a latex encasement element. I could have ignored it since I probably might not be able to portray the sports of it, but then I saw a comic https://www.nerfnow.com/comic/2809 and it just makes a way to 34 the game into an RP.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:15 am

polyedit2000 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:16 pm
Well, Fall Guys is an interesting game, especially with the pink goop in some of them, easily a latex encasement element. I could have ignored it since I probably might not be able to portray the sports of it, but then I saw a comic https://www.nerfnow.com/comic/2809 and it just makes a way to 34 the game into an RP.
The last panel just screams "Long Live The King!": https://youtu.be/Yw0DXswF5MI?t=87

That sounds like a lovely idea. It shouldn't be too hard to portray the insanity of Fall Guys if you handle things the way the writers of Total Drama and the Ridonculous Race did with their overcrowded series. There was also Dragon Ball Super's Tournament of Power, but Total Drama was waaaaaay more experienced with huge crowds.

Results were mixed, of course, but the gist of how Total Drama did things is focus primarily on the environment and the action; only focus on a specific set of characters when it's either necessary or interesting. Figured that advice would be important because how many people are in a single match at one time? 60 players? Yeah, that's it.

Well, its not actually 60; there seems to be a pattern. A perfect round (which came from a Dashie video) has a pattern of 60>45>32>19>12 over five rounds. Good thing I have the Total Drama cast to make use of; that'll save you half the trouble.

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Post by polyedit2000 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:35 am

I forgot that with RP games like these, the other issue is what to do with players that fail the game. Granted, the rounds end up with pushing them out of their celebration boxes, but that leaves them with doing nothing or not soing something punishing enough.

Next idea: We can do the game in an RP idea, but perhaps add a bit of light horror to it. That is, we play one of those hosted multiplayer games, but whenever one of us leaves their computer (to do a quick choir or check on a fallen thing, for starters), something happens to the character, whether it be auto-run or enemies are more likely to target them. However, ignoring those outside cues too long, and the real you might be visited by something nasty!

ario120987

Post by ario120987 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:00 am

Forgive me for seeming kind of dumb, but I don't understan what polyedit2000 is getting at?

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:04 am

polyedit2000 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:35 am
I forgot that with RP games like these, the other issue is what to do with players that fail the game. Granted, the rounds end up with pushing them out of their celebration boxes, but that leaves them with doing nothing or not soing something punishing enough.
Well, I have a couple of ideas. Like, for starters, we can flip around where they go. Like, instead of out, why not in?They could be trapped in vacuum boxes or sealed in padded cells and trapped in full-body straitjackets. I like the latter more myself, though the former would sound more appealing to you.

If we were to stick with going out rather than in, there is that pachinko-looking thing at the bottom. We can turn that into an actual pachinko game and have the punishments depend on where they land. Probably like two spaces per punishment and one free space where there's no punishment at all because why not? The players are already dickish.
polyedit2000 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:35 am
Next idea: We can do the game in an RP idea, but perhaps add a bit of light horror to it. That is, we play one of those hosted multiplayer games, but whenever one of us leaves their computer (to do a quick choir or check on a fallen thing, for starters), something happens to the character, whether it be auto-run or enemies are more likely to target them. However, ignoring those outside cues too long, and the real you might be visited by something nasty!
Seems cool.
ario120987 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:00 am
Forgive me for seeming kind of dumb, but I don't understan what polyedit2000 is getting at?
Look up "Fall Guys" on Youtube, then come back here when you're done.

bond56

Post by bond56 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:51 am

seems I'm a little late to this X3

both the horror and the fall guy idea's seem really interesting~
with the fall guy one, we can do like a losers bracket so they still have something to do

sadly I don't got any idea's for an rp, other then doing repeats of old rps, was never really that good at coming up with them, especially for big group rps, but I think if we gonna start rping on this site again, we should start it with a fairly simple one

ario120987

Post by ario120987 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:01 pm

I see Poly's point as well, that with these kind of RP's once a player fails or receives their punishment there isn't much for them to do really... We could fix that by instead of sticking very hard to the "Battle Royale" game style of progressively getting eliminated, each punishment is like a "game over" that forces each player back to the start? Thus giving RPers the chance to keep playing but keeping the "game" feel?

I know the game " Fall guys" I was more confused by the incorporation of the horror idea(s), not sure what they meant by that or rather how they intended that to be played.

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Post by polyedit2000 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:50 pm

The "horror" idea assumes that each player is at a computer in their own room/house, "Discord" optional. The game is something the lead player has downloaded and he will host the multiplayer session. For this example, let's assume that the game is a Fantasy game.

The player will control themselves and dictate the actions of their game avatar. It would be a standard game-in-game thing. In the background, though, the GM will determine random events that pop up as well as what happens. For example, Player A hears one of their anime figures fall down in their room, and you'd assume that the players would wait if this was a normal game. However, when Player A is not at the screen, perhaps something lightly falls on the keyboard making them run straight...and the other players would have to keep them in place or react to the mobs they engage.

Now, you might think that remaining at the computer keeps these things from happening, but to keep that kind of cheesing away, continued avoidance can result in a "game over" or prologued absence (which can result in more shenanigans. For example, avoiding all those anime figures falling over, then sudden a big rat jumps into your face, knocking your monitors down! Of course, this can result in the rat jumping on the keyboard and aggroing mobs while the affected player has to remove the rat and put the monitors back in place.

Now, this kind of RP can generally go two ways, or rather Day/Night. The Day RP is more lighthearted, the leader not really aware of what's going on your side of the computer while dealing with parents and chores. The Night RP can be more horror, finding out that the game is cursed and you need to clear the game to remove the curse while dealing with lurking monsters in the real world.

---

Also, I might start a small RP later. It is a RP I would call "Do Not Touch" and all the narrator wants from you is not to touch anything. (Hint: Maybe you should.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:51 pm

polyedit2000 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:50 pm
The "horror" idea assumes that each player is at a computer in their own room/house, "Discord" optional. The game is something the lead player has downloaded and he will host the multiplayer session. For this example, let's assume that the game is a Fantasy game.

The player will control themselves and dictate the actions of their game avatar. It would be a standard game-in-game thing. In the background, though, the GM will determine random events that pop up as well as what happens. For example, Player A hears one of their anime figures fall down in their room, and you'd assume that the players would wait if this was a normal game. However, when Player A is not at the screen, perhaps something lightly falls on the keyboard making them run straight...and the other players would have to keep them in place or react to the mobs they engage.

Now, you might think that remaining at the computer keeps these things from happening, but to keep that kind of cheesing away, continued avoidance can result in a "game over" or prologued absence (which can result in more shenanigans. For example, avoiding all those anime figures falling over, then sudden a big rat jumps into your face, knocking your monitors down! Of course, this can result in the rat jumping on the keyboard and aggroing mobs while the affected player has to remove the rat and put the monitors back in place.

Now, this kind of RP can generally go two ways, or rather Day/Night. The Day RP is more lighthearted, the leader not really aware of what's going on your side of the computer while dealing with parents and chores. The Night RP can be more horror, finding out that the game is cursed and you need to clear the game to remove the curse while dealing with lurking monsters in the real world.
So, online Jumanji then?
polyedit2000 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:50 pm
Also, I might start a small RP later. It is a RP I would call "Do Not Touch" and all the narrator wants from you is not to touch anything. (Hint: Maybe you should.
That's nice. I think that was a Steam game? Ah yeah, it was called "Please, Don't Touch Anything" and it was where you mess around with some nuke-testing machine or something.

There was also "Dude, Stop!"

bond56

Post by bond56 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:52 pm

ohh that horror idea seems rather interesting, hehe hopefully they're are some rather ... kinky monsters to be released ;P

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Post by polyedit2000 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:31 pm

Flash, my motivation is "There Is No Game", but yeah, could also be a Stanley Parable. Anyway, I suppose Bond56 pointed out that it may be interesting to attempt fetishizing either half of the horror RP.

Every time I post in this topic, I feel obligated to add another idea. So here's another idea: A puppet show, perhaps in the style of a Muppet, maybe a hint of Five Nights? The gist of it is that when you're on the stage, you're likely to be a prop, and to get off the stage, you're going to have to "help" the characters complete the scene. Maybe a bit of a puzzle...For example, if you end up as Wasabi during a lunch scene, you could either help make a peanut butter/jelly sandwish or work yourself into sushi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdLV7hzbEsU

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:48 pm

polyedit2000 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:31 pm
Every time I post in this topic, I feel obligated to add another idea. So here's another idea: A puppet show, perhaps in the style of a Muppet, maybe a hint of Five Nights? The gist of it is that when you're on the stage, you're likely to be a prop, and to get off the stage, you're going to have to "help" the characters complete the scene. Maybe a bit of a puzzle...For example, if you end up as Wasabi during a lunch scene, you could either help make a peanut butter/jelly sandwish or work yourself into sushi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdLV7hzbEsU
Whatever floats your boat. It's been awhile since I've seen your ideas in this forum. Also, eww! Who wants green horseradish paste on a PB&J sandwich?

bond56

Post by bond56 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:56 pm

as flashlight said, its up to you right now if you wanna post an idea, me? I'm just happy to rp on this site again, especially one of your ideas X3

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:45 pm

Well, looking through, I came across this part in the RP: https://bastianfanworks.dreamchaos.net/ ... &start=100

Granted my writing was crap to say the least, but I still fondly remember the school part. Why am I bringing that up? Well, it was slightly expanded on this concept from Polyedit2000's Discord: "World 1A- School World. The majority of our population is involved in school, either as staff or students, mostly students. It also seems that high school and college has merged and the school has its own government. Seriously, like Satsuki from Kill la Kill, where detention is harsh."

That sounds like something we can explore some more.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:20 pm

Well..! Someone managed to kinkify Fall Guys again: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/83982707

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Post by polyedit2000 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:15 pm

I keep holding back on the Fall Guys idea. Well, I might as well explain my plan for it:

One of the reasons I didn't start it is because I was also thinking of the Traprunners. That is an old idea from other artists of a straitjacketed run through obstacles, though more in a maze setting. While I was tempted to mix the two ideas, the issue is that the traps for Traprunner tend to be more popout.

Anyway, I pretty much planned for the "survival" of the RP based on dice rolls. Generally, the further one goes, the higher the check required. To make things fair, I did plan for each player to start with a number of "dives", or rerolls they can use for better results. For team-based games, I am thinking to place all RPers in the same team so that I don't have to worry about selecting losers. Speaking of, I also plan for losers to show up in the next rounds as integrated obstacles (ie in team-based games, they may be a ball).

---

Next idea: My Hero Academia. This is an anime about a school for superheroes, with the majority of the world possessing Quirks (ie super powers). I don't know whether to use a school setting or a heroing setting, though the anime does have a few fetish-fuel, capture tape and Mineta's sticky balls among them.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:42 pm

Sounds like a good way of handling the Fall Guys idea. Let's hope I'm not on Team Yellow!

I haven't heard of Traprunner before, but the concept did sound interesting.

That aside, the way I put it, if it had to be one aspect or the other, hmm... The schooling aspect would have plenty to explore regardless of what you're going for, quite frankly. The heroing aspect would be a nice idea as well; I remember Hero Havoc. That was a fun way to explore Norma and the hero concept, but it was ultimately hampered by my bad writing stank.

bond56

Post by bond56 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:14 pm

oh yes, someone needs to mod that into fall guys flashligh that pic is amazing~

anyways all these idea's seem interesting, the trap runner/ fall guys sounds great -and a good way to handle it, survival rps could be quite fun~

both aspects would be rather easy and fun, bondage and damsels in distress goes hand in hand with super heros, and a kinky school? heh, where do i sign up. my favorite hero one was your old H.E.R.O. Crate rp polyedit, sadly didn't last long, but it was really fun~

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Post by polyedit2000 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:45 pm

As usually, I may have up to 2 RPs at a time. However, I'll try not to have infinity RPs that keep going and going, so after one goes, I may have another. It's most likely that the hero school may be the next once.

Speaking of, Hearthstone's current expansion is Scholomance Academy, imagining the dungeon in the dead zone as their version of Hogwarts. So a magical school may be of interest too. Hm, potion ingredients are one things, magical creatures, and a dungeon. So both hero and magic school have different flavors, so which one would sound more appealing at this time?

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:58 pm

Hmm... True. The idea of a hero school allows for more action, although abilities tend to be more individualized and "set in stone". A magic school, on the other hand, allows room for more exploration and allows for individuals to explore any ability they wish, although its not too action-y.
Last edited by Flashlight237 on Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bond56

Post by bond56 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:21 pm

sadly I don't think I can really add much to this ..... hehe since I'm on a bit of a harry potter binge I feel like i would be a bit biased X3

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:43 am

polyedit2000 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:45 pm
However, I'll try not to have infinity RPs that keep going and going
Ah yeah, that part. Out of personal experience, Chrome933 and I did a Shantae RP idea that's essentially a mix of an RPG and a traditional dungeon crawler (ex. Shining in the Darkness, Fatal Labyrinth, and Madou Monogatari). It was rather big and had a lotta backbone to it. Basically the way we set it up was... Well...

Most of the ideas were Chrome's, but there was some build-up.

It started with Shantae heading into a set of ruins that were opened up by a recent earthquake. It was marked by a giant pine tree that was surrounded by a huge mountain of rock. Like, literally surrounded by one mountain; its buried yet its not. By then, we got plenty of Norse mythology references. The giant tree itself would be dubbed "Yggdrasil," the village once surrounding it would be dubbed "Valhalla," and tales of legendary warriors named after Norse gods (and one hero) would be told among all other things.

Of course that isn't to say there isn't any kink. Three levels out of a planned seven were planned out. The first one was a mix of nature and typical RPG dungeon. The second level was more Egyptian-themed. The third level, of course, would be more asylum-themed. The first six levels would be sectors of Svartalfheim (the name of the dungeon in question); the last level would be named Hel.

There were some other concepts, namely a set of AI fairies, in which there were six. The first four fairies would be associated with the half-genies of Shantae and the Seven Sirens. They are out of order here: Vera, Zapple, Plink, and Harmony. As for the four fairies themselves, their names are Flora, Sparks, Amygdala (my choice for a mind-based name), and Flambe (for, ya know, fire). Chrome had this nifty idea where a matching AI fairy would transform into a bodysuit/battle armor for their respective cutie: Flora+Vera for instance.

The entire RP was longer than the longest RPs here. How did we come up with all this and still come up with plans? Well, it's simple; it wasn't continuous. We left bookmarks for where we stopped so that when we want to get back to that RP, we started off from where we left off.

For large-scale RPs meant to have an overarching concept or story, like Pillows and Poltergeists, Vile Liege and Gooey Gamble, whenever you need to do something else, just leave a bookmark. When you want to get back to those RPs, you can always bump up the thread those RPs were in. Its easy, plus it allows you to not let creative ideas go to waste. But yeah, there's my hot take.

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Post by polyedit2000 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:37 pm

I see. However, I doubt I will restart any previous RPs in this manner, as even excluding ones with absentees, I might end the story differently than started. And it is interesting that you can play outside the TD characters.

Anyway, I'm pondering on a Rubber Brush RP. The Rubber Brush, from Naga's Den, is a brush capable of transforming the person it is painted on. It makes me wonder if we should mess around with it.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:45 pm

polyedit2000 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:37 pm
I see. However, I doubt I will restart any previous RPs in this manner, as even excluding ones with absentees, I might end the story differently than started. And it is interesting that you can play outside the TD characters.

Anyway, I'm pondering on a Rubber Brush RP. The Rubber Brush, from Naga's Den, is a brush capable of transforming the person it is painted on. It makes me wonder if we should mess around with it.
Kinda reminds me of Paper Mario Color Splash a little.

bond56

Post by bond56 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:05 pm

heh, definitely from what I've seen of naga work and the infamous rubber brush X3
would be fun to play out~

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:30 am

Of course with all these ideas put out there, the real question is which one will you go for?

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:37 pm

Looks like things are starting to wind down again. Hoo boy...

bond56

Post by bond56 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:16 pm

now don't go jinxing us flashlight

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:05 pm

Okay, so aside from Fall Guys, there is a game called Among Us. Personally, I think Fall Guys is easier than Among Us to handle because, well, we're pitting an obstacle course game against a murder mystery.

polyedit2000
Site Admin

Post by polyedit2000 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:17 pm

Same thing as Fall Guys, I would place players in the Among Us RP on the same team (Crew or Imposters) to reduce the risk of meta-gaming (using knowledge not gained in-character).

Anyway, Among Us and similar games are predated by a game called Werewolf, where villagers need to figure out who is the werewolf. Based on similar games, we can divide the game into two parts (using Among Us and Jackbox as two examples):

1. Tasks - Players must (or pretend to) do tasks. In Jackbox, the Captain chooses the category and answers are displayed. In Among Us, filling up the Task Bar is one way to win.
a. Imposters can sabotage tasks. In Jackbox, this sends an Imposter question to a Crew. In Among Us, some sabotages could end the game early.
2. Vote - Players must find (or deflect) the Imposters. In Jackbox, there is only one vote to remove both Imposters. In Among Us, there are multiple votes, one removed at a time.
a. In Jackbox, this is the only way to finish the game (other than timing out, giving victory to the Imposters). In Among Us, Imposters can also win after killing most of the Crew.

---

The fetishes can't just be variations of rubber and bondage. There were some small-scale RPs, mostly in a bakery or two, though I just read some interactives where the shrunk person is also very pliable.

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:24 pm

polyedit2000 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:17 pm
The fetishes can't just be variations of rubber and bondage. There were some small-scale RPs, mostly in a bakery or two, though I just read some interactives where the shrunk person is also very pliable.
I mean don't get me wrong, bondage is a go-to fetish given you can do all sorts of things with it. I know a guy who had interest in hypnosis, and I've seen some tickling pics here and there.

There was also this RP we did, which primarily featured transformation.: https://bastianfanworks.dreamchaos.net/ ... f=16&t=423

The best word I can use to describe all that went on in that particular RP is "cartoony." (Side note: Wow. All this could've went smoother if I wasn't such a godmodder.)

Flashlight237

Post by Flashlight237 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:22 am

Now then, what would you guys be down for? I'm down for the horror RP idea myself, especially as its almost October.