Bastian Fan-Boards
Escape The Padded Cell - Printable Version

+- Bastian Fan-Boards (https://bastianfanworks.dreamchaos.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Product Testing (https://bastianfanworks.dreamchaos.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Roleplay (https://bastianfanworks.dreamchaos.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Escape The Padded Cell (/showthread.php?tid=9)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Escape The Padded Cell - DarkGrey - 03-29-2021

(03-27-2021, 11:26 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 11:52 PM)DarkGrey Wrote: "Ohh-kay..." Vicki thought for a moment, and tried again.

A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X Y Z & Ð ⁊  Þ Ƿ Æ

Ð, ⁊, and Ƿ are still in the wrong positions.

"Getting warmer," said Vicki, pleased.

A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X Y Z & Ƿ ⁊ Þ Ð Æ

RE: Escape The Padded Cell - Flashlight237 - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 01:18 AM)DarkGrey Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 11:26 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 11:52 PM)DarkGrey Wrote: "Ohh-kay..." Vicki thought for a moment, and tried again.

A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X Y Z & Ð ⁊  Þ Ƿ Æ

Ð, ⁊, and Ƿ are still in the wrong positions.

"Getting warmer," said Vicki, pleased.

A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X Y Z & Ƿ ⁊ Þ Ð Æ

Okay, now Ð is in the correct place.

RE: Escape The Padded Cell - DarkGrey - 03-29-2021

"Hah! This should do it."

A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X Y Z & ⁊ Ƿ Þ Ð Æ

RE: Escape The Padded Cell - Flashlight237 - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 01:24 AM)DarkGrey Wrote: "Hah! This should do it."

A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X Y Z & ⁊ Ƿ Þ Ð Æ

Correct! That was the alphabet as ordered by a monk named Byrhtferð in the year 1011 AD.

Now that you know your ABCs, let's take you to the next task. Hmm... AH!

A panel opened up and you find a Game Boy emulator. On the emulator, there is a game, particularly Pokemon Red version. You are tasked to capture a Mew. HOWEVER, there are no events that would let you capture a Mew. How will you capture Mew then?

Hint: No, it's not impossible to get a Mew. The idea here is to see how you can catch a Mew.

RE: Escape The Padded Cell - irRESPondible - 03-29-2021

(03-28-2021, 08:45 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: That was oddly more correct, but not completely correct.

1. [Image: sulfur.png?width=200&name=sulfur.png] (Sulfur)

2. ♂ (Iron)
  3. ♀ (Copper)

4. ☽☉

5. [Image: arsenic2.png?width=298&name=arsenic2.png]
  6. [Image: bismuth.png?width=303&name=bismuth.png](Bismuth)

Rehyanne was having it hard as she had to use her feet for this, but the fact she seemed to get close gave her an impulse. She decided to move the second to last piece to where she thought it could fit. There were, after all, a couple of large gaps in the atomic numbers where it could fit. So, she placed it in the first of those gaps, right after Copper.

1. [Image: sulfur.png?width=200&name=sulfur.png]

2. [Image: arsenic2.png?width=298&name=arsenic2.png]

3. ☽☉

4. [Image: bismuth.png?width=303&name=bismuth.png]

RE: Escape The Padded Cell - Bound cat - 03-29-2021

With that, you managed to get the color "brown" by holding the yellow button after the last two. You were then presented with a combination. It was written in a weird way, though.

"Put a line across the middle of the year of Charles Dicken's death year and divide the 2nd resulting number by 2. After that, Count the number of Mario Party titles and use that number. After that, take the number of pokemon available as of Pokemon Crystal's initial release date, subtract it by 1, and divide that by 5."

A look around your cell revealed that the combination was that of the door to your cell!

- Woo Hoo!.. D'oh! You're kidding me!!! - Alex swore loudly, and then added a few worse words. He was not so erudite as to be able to answer any of these questions with certainty.
After a while, Alex calmed down, trudged dejectedly to the front door and examined it. First you need to find out how many digits the combination consists of

RE: Escape The Padded Cell - Flashlight237 - 03-30-2021

(03-29-2021, 07:22 AM)irRESPondible Wrote:
(03-28-2021, 08:45 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: That was oddly more correct, but not completely correct.

1. [Image: sulfur.png?width=200&name=sulfur.png] (Sulfur)

2. ♂ (Iron)
  3. ♀ (Copper)

4. ☽☉

5. [Image: arsenic2.png?width=298&name=arsenic2.png]
  6. [Image: bismuth.png?width=303&name=bismuth.png](Bismuth)

Rehyanne was having it hard as she had to use her feet for this, but the fact she seemed to get close gave her an impulse. She decided to move the second to last piece to where she thought it could fit. There were, after all, a couple of large gaps in the atomic numbers where it could fit. So, she placed it in the first of those gaps, right after Copper.

1. [Image: sulfur.png?width=200&name=sulfur.png]

2. [Image: arsenic2.png?width=298&name=arsenic2.png]

3. ☽☉

4. [Image: bismuth.png?width=303&name=bismuth.png]

Correct! After that, you were presented with another task. There, you are presented with five mummies. In order, from left to right, they were colored red, yellow, green, blue, and purple. They were all held up by mechanical arms, and they seemed to have some wandlike things underneath their bandages.

As for the task, well, the yellow mummy's vibes turned on momentarily, making the yellow mummy moan shortly. It seems you're presented with Simon but with mummies.

(03-29-2021, 10:35 AM)Bound cat Wrote: With that, you managed to get the color "brown" by holding the yellow button after the last two. You were then presented with a combination. It was written in a weird way, though.

"Put a line across the middle of the year of Charles Dicken's death year and divide the 2nd resulting number by 2. After that, Count the number of Mario Party titles and use that number. After that, take the number of pokemon available as of Pokemon Crystal's initial release date, subtract it by 1, and divide that by 5."

A look around your cell revealed that the combination was that of the door to your cell!

- Woo Hoo!.. D'oh! You're kidding me!!! - Alex swore loudly, and then added a few worse words. He was not so erudite as to be able to answer any of these questions with certainty.
After a while, Alex calmed down, trudged dejectedly to the front door and examined it. First you need to find out how many digits the combination consists of

[Image: 4i18lQy.png]

Anyway... It was a pretty standard combination lock. The numbers on it ranged from 0 to 59.

RE: Escape The Padded Cell - irRESPondible - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 01:41 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: Correct! After that, you were presented with another task. There, you are presented with five mummies. In order, from left to right, they were colored red, yellow, green, blue, and purple. They were all held up by mechanical arms, and they seemed to have some wandlike things underneath their bandages.

As for the task, well, the yellow mummy's vibes turned on momentarily, making the yellow mummy moan shortly. It seems you're presented with Simon but with mummies.

This was far easier for her. She has good memory. She went with her feet and looked for the yellow mummy and tried to find the button of the wand inside them.

RE: Escape The Padded Cell - Bound cat - 03-31-2021

((Clearly. I thought it was an electronic panel))

Alex leaned into the lock and tried to turn the numbers over with his nose. ((As far as possible?))
He didn't know the correct answers, but he couldn't solve the task at random. Too many combinations. He need to somehow reduce the number of options.
1) Dickens died in the second half of the 19th century. And since it needs to be divided by two, it should definitely be an even number. Approximately between 60 and 90. year. So it's between 30 and 45.
2) Mario parti. Alex had vaguely heard of the 10th part. And it is unlikely that too many of them have come out since then. So it's between 10 and 15, but probably closer to 10.
3) Alex was not a fan of Pokemon and did not know how many of them were at the start. However, there is a certain amount of -1 that should be completely divisible by 5. Most likely there are at least 151 of them, but hardly more than 351, but only 59 numbers are available. So this is from 30, to 59..
Alex is trying to enter dial 30-10-59, scrolling through the numbers with his nose.

RE: Escape The Padded Cell - Flashlight237 - 03-31-2021

(03-30-2021, 02:33 PM)irRESPondible Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 01:41 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: Correct! After that, you were presented with another task. There, you are presented with five mummies. In order, from left to right, they were colored red, yellow, green, blue, and purple. They were all held up by mechanical arms, and they seemed to have some wandlike things underneath their bandages.

This was far easier for her. She has good memory. She went with her feet and looked for the yellow mummy and tried to find the button of the wand inside them.

Okay, maybe I should've been a little more specific with the setup. There are five remotes, each colored based on their respective mummies. All five remotes sat atop a desk. They all have buttons that are easy to press.

(03-31-2021, 12:41 PM)Bound cat Wrote: ((Clearly. I thought it was an electronic panel))

Alex leaned into the lock and tried to turn the numbers over with his nose. ((As far as possible?))
He didn't know the correct answers, but he couldn't solve the task at random. Too many combinations. He need to somehow reduce the number of options.
1) Dickens died in the second half of the 19th century. And since it needs to be divided by two, it should definitely be an even number. Approximately between 60 and 90. year. So it's between 30 and 45.
2) Mario parti. Alex had vaguely heard of the 10th part. And it is unlikely that too many of them have come out since then. So it's between 10 and 15, but probably closer to 10.
3) Alex was not a fan of Pokemon and did not know how many of them were at the start. However, there is a certain amount of -1 that should be completely divisible by 5. Most likely there are at least 151 of them, but hardly more than 351, but only 59 numbers are available. So this is from 30, to 59..
Alex is trying to enter dial 30-10-59, scrolling through the numbers with his nose.

1. It's a four-number combination.
2. Ya kiddin', right?

1) Why four? 1-Dickens 2-Mario Party 3-Pokemon 4 -?
2) Why? Ten numbered parts and a few more with subheadings.

(03-31-2021, 01:45 PM)Bound cat Wrote: 1) Why four? 1-Dickens 2-Mario Party 3-Pokemon 4 -?
2) Why? Ten numbered parts and a few more with subheadings.

I said "Put a line across the middle of the year of Charles Dicken's death year". That should automatically mean TWO numbers.

Oh... In this case: 18-30-10-59

(03-31-2021, 02:00 PM)Bound cat Wrote: Oh... In this case: 18-30-10-59

Still wrong.

RE: Escape The Padded Cell - irRESPondible - 04-01-2021

(03-31-2021, 01:26 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: Okay, maybe I should've been a little more specific with the setup. There are five remotes, each colored based on their respective mummies. All five remotes sat atop a desk. They all have buttons that are easy to press.

After scouring for about a minute on the yellow mummy's pussy, she blinks at the narrator mentioning the desk and she turns to it. An awkward silence later, as soon as the tumbleweed enters and leaves the scene, she goes to the yellow remote and presses the button with her nose.

RE: Escape The Padded Cell - Bound cat - 04-01-2021

Alex scrolls the last (fourth) number down sequentially: From 59 to 30.
18-30-10-58, 18-30-10-57, 18-30-10-56... 18-30-10-30

RE: Escape The Padded Cell - Flashlight237 - 04-01-2021

(04-01-2021, 10:18 AM)Bound cat Wrote: Alex scrolls the last (fourth) number down sequentially: From 59 to 30.
18-30-10-58, 18-30-10-57, 18-30-10-56... 18-30-10-30

And that proved to be a complete waste of time since all those were wrong.

Hint: There are several installments of Mario Party that DON'T have a number associated with them.

(04-01-2021, 05:13 AM)irRESPondible Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 01:26 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: Okay, maybe I should've been a little more specific with the setup. There are five remotes, each colored based on their respective mummies. All five remotes sat atop a desk. They all have buttons that are easy to press.

After scouring for about a minute on the yellow mummy's pussy, she blinks at the narrator mentioning the desk and she turns to it. An awkward silence later, as soon as the tumbleweed enters and leaves the scene, she goes to the yellow remote and presses the button with her nose.

And that was right... Then came the next sequence...

Yellow's was vibed up first, followed by purple, then yellow again.

RE: Escape The Padded Cell - irRESPondible - 04-01-2021

(04-01-2021, 02:33 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: And that was right... Then came the next sequence...

Rehyanne looks at the moaning mummies and follows the sequence: Yellow-Purple-Yellow.

RE: Escape The Padded Cell - bond56 - 04-01-2021

(03-19-2021, 06:39 AM)Flashlight237 Wrote: I doubt it had anything to do with alcohol, broseph, but alright.

Okay, the idea is for you to escape, but how? In your cell, you might find a chest. The first thing you find on the chest are four buttons: one cyan, one magenta, one yellow, and one black. The chest itself was a dark green color.

Beyond that, you might find an iron weight out of reach in another corner.

((sorry I took so long to respond, got busy then wasn't really in the mood .... but am I back! .. hopefully Xp))

"hmmm 4 buttons, each a different color ... cyan, magenta, yellow, and black...." Hannah hummed to herself, mumbling under her breath in thought as she did one more scan over the room to make sure she didn't miss anything, leaning against the wall for support as she stood up, hobbling around the room as she collected the iron weight, testing it with her foot before leaning down to carry it with her mouth, bring it over to the chest. " .. and the chest is green ... subtractive color mixing?" she curiously tilted her head to the side as set the weight down on the yellow button, pushing the cyan one with her chin.

RE: Escape The Padded Cell - Flashlight237 - 04-01-2021

(04-01-2021, 03:23 PM)irRESPondible Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 02:33 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote: And that was right... Then came the next sequence...

Rehyanne looks at the moaning mummies and follows the sequence: Yellow-Purple-Yellow.

Okay, correct...

The next round of moaning came in the form of this.: Yellow, Purple, Yellow, Blue, Red

(04-01-2021, 04:06 PM)bond56 Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 06:39 AM)Flashlight237 Wrote: I doubt it had anything to do with alcohol, broseph, but alright.

Okay, the idea is for you to escape, but how? In your cell, you might find a chest. The first thing you find on the chest are four buttons: one cyan, one magenta, one yellow, and one black. The chest itself was a dark green color.

Beyond that, you might find an iron weight out of reach in another corner.

((sorry I took so long to respond, got busy then wasn't really in the mood .... but am I back! .. hopefully Xp))

"hmmm 4 buttons, each a different color ... cyan, magenta, yellow, and black...." Hannah hummed to herself, mumbling under her breath in thought as she did one more scan over the room to make sure she didn't miss anything, leaning against the wall for support as she stood up, hobbling around the room as she collected the iron weight, testing it with her foot before leaning down to carry it with her mouth, bring it over to the chest. " .. and the chest is green ... subtractive color mixing?" she curiously tilted her head to the side as set the weight down on the yellow button, pushing the cyan one with her chin.

You got the method right, that is true. The resulting green you got was lime as opposed to dark green, however.