Magic School of Thot
"th-thank you so much" Hannah sighed in relief, her cheeks seemingly stained with a permanent blush as she walked over to study the map. "what spell is this?" she hummed to herself, stepping back once she had memorized as much of it as she could, offering a Hand for D to take without really thinking and teleporting them to their class.

"s-sorry! I p-probably should h-have asked first, j-just so use to using i-it now" She whispered apologized as she quickly took her seat for the class, giving herself a once over to make sure she didn't lose anything in the magic, before taking out a notebook for class. "a mandrake huh? starting with a classic, even the non magic's know about these guys through their 'fantasies'" she mumbled to herself while eyeing their own Mandrake, reading her wand to cast Quientus.
"Intriguing. While there may be a similar spell, Mapping is my speciality." Although D didn't elaborate further due to class, it does seem that Hannah's magic synergized well with hers. She would have to bring this up with the Five Senses later.

Another part of Mapping was that she wasn't limited to locations, observing Hannah's flow of magic into the Mandrake. The spell itself was not that special as Hannah focused the magic on a single point, watching the magic ebb the plant's rage until it calmed down and went to sleep. "Very good, Hannah. Now, do you believe we should turn it into an ingredient or wake it up for my turn?"

---

Of course, the Ten Asia group was also sharing a class with them. What was interesting was that Barrette conjured up a few other items with Trig unlocking each one without missing a beat. "Levios Locus, Levios Cuffus, Levios Mufflus, Levios..."

"Ms. Unagi, please stick to the lesson plan, and do not point your wand at a person unless you intend to inhibit them." The teacher scolded her. "Unless you have very good focus, the magic would not know if you plan to bestow or retrain your target."
[Image: Beta.png]
"hmm? it is? heh ... well if it isn't obvious mine is teleportation" Hannah nodded, sending D a small smile, before focusing back on class, not wanting to miscast the spell, or accidentally set off their mandrake, though she did look interested in learning more about D specialty.

"I think she wants us to do both, cast the spell and turn it into an ingredient, or at the very last, know how to cast the spell.... so really I think its up to you, do you wanna practice it? or should we move on?" she mumbled mostly to herself in thought, tilting her head to the side curiously while waiting for D's answer.
(10-04-2022, 09:42 AM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: Of course, the Ten Asia group was also sharing a class with them.  What was interesting was that Barrette conjured up a few other items with Trig unlocking each one without missing a beat.  "Levios Locus, Levios Cuffus, Levios Mufflus, Levios..."

"Ms. Unagi, please stick to the lesson plan, and do not point your wand at a person unless you intend to inhibit them."  The teacher scolded her.  "Unless you have very good focus, the magic would not know if you plan to bestow or retrain your target."

Sabrina tried to take the words of their teacher to heart as she walked over to ask Mae to be her partner. Optimar was the spell to open the lock and to make the lock... Crud, which was it? Barrette just said a few of them.

"Hey Mae, would you like to partner up?"
Mae nodded. "Sure. You cast the spell first."

---

"I shall pluck one then." D pulled a Mandrake from the ground and repeated what Hannah had done, sending hers to sleep. D then took a knife and cut it in half. "As I thought, it may act like a living being but it lacks pain receptors of all things. You should be able to process the Mandrake without issue."
"s-still a bit off putting i-if you ask me" Hannah mumbled, pulling a slight face as she grimaced, following along with D, cutting into her own Mandrake. "m-maybe its just cause it has a face but ... ugh! .. an-anyway h-hows living here? an-and going to school here?" she fumbled over her words a bit as she tried to make small talk, hoping to distract herself.
(10-04-2022, 11:22 PM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: Mae nodded.  "Sure.  You cast the spell first."

"Thank you." Taking a deep breath Sabrina tried to clear her mind of everything but a simple lock as she raised her wand. She was able to picture the lock, it was just connected to a muzzle gag, "Levios...Mufflus?" She said, unsure if that was the right words.
"Hmm?" Mae reached up to feel that - there was a gag on her, the kink that hid her mouth. "Mmphimmr?"

"And this is why you should not cast other spells while learning about certain spells." The teacher lectured as she Gaptimar'd the gag off. "There three most common restrictions of magic are vocalizations, gestures and reagents. While you can train those away..."

---

"It is...competitive. Especially when aiming to become a Divine Visionary. Thankfully, being in a group such as the Five Senses does reduce infighting and focus more on acquisition." D admitted.

===

The next set of class would be Transmutation for Nagas and Creature Care for Capricorns. Unless you both wish to skip to lunch.
(10-05-2022, 04:35 PM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: "Hmm?"  Mae reached up to feel that - there was a gag on her, the kink that hid her mouth.  "Mmphimmr?"

"And this is why you should not cast other spells while learning about certain spells."  The teacher lectured as she Gaptimar'd the gag off.  "There three most common restrictions of magic are vocalizations, gestures and reagents.  While you can train those away..."

---

"It is...competitive.  Especially when aiming to become a Divine Visionary.  Thankfully, being in a group such as the Five Senses does reduce infighting and focus more on acquisition."  D admitted.

===

The next set of class would be Transmutation for Capricorns and Creature Care for Nagas.  Unless you both wish to skip to lunch.

Sabrina's heart sank once the gag appeared on Mae's mouth. She listened to the teacher lecture the class she could only hear her mother's harsh critiques. She tried not to cry in front of the others as her road to becoming a Divine Visionary was off to a rough start. (I'm good to go Transmutation but that's up to you guys.)
"divine Visionary?" Hannah couldn't help but ask, only pausing to focus on cutting the Mandrake as the teacher instructed, and to take some notes here and there. "whats that? also ... if you don't mind me asking, and I hope this doesn't sound rude, but why five senses?"
((Derp, got the subjects switched around. It would be Sab to Care and Hannah to Trans for balance, unless something messes up?))

"Eh, don't worry about it too much. At best, you only get Bronze slivers for being a teacher's pet. Hardly worth the effort." Mae tried to comfort Sabrina as they headed to the next class. "You probably want to aim for the Silver wedges; they'll be part of the bigger events like the Duelo matches or the more dangerous classes. Besides, if you're planning to hide, I can help you with that too."

"Mae...that's not comforting." Lilith had caught up to them. "Besides, I've heard war stories about the previous candidacies. For instance..."

Lilith spotted Angelica who glared at them. Lilith decided on a different approach.
"Um, point is, you might have to protect those coins or earn them from the other students. Being the major contributor of the coins may help, but that's not something you have to worry about now."

---

D was able to explain both topics to Hannah after the end of class.

"Divine Visionaries are the strongest mages of the nations. To date, each mage that has become a Visionary has earned a significant position in society. However, the title is not merely given out. First, this school requires that each candidate holds 5 Gold Coins by a certain deadline, then they will hold a tournament to narrow the pool to three candidates. Those three candidate will then compete against the candidates of the other two schools for the right to that title. As for the history of the Five Senses..."

"Do not bother, D." Belle Dino, the pink haired girl of the Five Senses, walked up to them. "Even if you say it in a way she understand, she will still not grasp it. All she has to know is that she has no hope to gain a Sense."

D nodded and headed to class. As Belle Dino passed by Hannah, she whispered a warning: "Your power is useful. Become useful yourself, lest you wish to be used yourself."
(10-05-2022, 07:53 PM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: ((Derp, got the subjects switched around.  It would be Sab to Care and Hannah to Trans for balance, unless something messes up?))

"Eh, don't worry about it too much.  At best, you only get Bronze slivers for being a teacher's pet.  Hardly worth the effort."  Mae tried to comfort Sabrina as they headed to the next class.  "You probably want to aim for the Silver wedges; they'll be part of the bigger events like the Duelo matches or the more dangerous classes.  Besides, if you're planning to hide, I can help you with that too."

"Mae...that's not comforting."  Lilith had caught up to them.  "Besides, I've heard war stories about the previous candidacies.  For instance..."

Lilith spotted Angelica who glared at them.  Lilith decided on a different approach.
"Um, point is, you might have to protect those coins or earn them from the other students.  Being the major contributor of the coins may help, but that's not something you have to worry about now."

She noticed the glare from Angelica but kept it to herself, instead she let out a sigh. "Well, if I make a mistake like that again, I might have to take Mae up on her offer." Sabrina said with a weak smile. "I am sorry again." She said to Mae, making a mental note to remember both the mess up spell she used and the spell the teacher used.
"ah, okay, thank you I probably should have known that but .... well my family has been rather outside the loop...." Hannah nodded in appreciation, thanking D for her explanation, only to trail off upon hearing Belle's ... rather strange threat.

"huh?" is all she can manage as she stood there for a second or two, trying to grasp her head around what she meant, "gain a sense? but ... I already have all my sense's ... does she mean to enhance my senses? but there should be spells for that already .... and Become useful yourself, lest you wish to be used yourself ... isn't that basically the same thing?" she mused to herself, cheeks burning with a slight blush of embarrassment as she absent mindedly followed D to their next class.

"ack! wait D I d-don't know where I'm going! and I c-can teleport us there!"  she yelled out, quickly rushing to catch up with her.
((Something I should mention, if you were looking for a constellation to base "Slytherin" on, there's Serpens: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpens ))

Name: Dawn
House: Capricorn
Starting Wand: 11 inches; 1/3 Maple, 1/3 Logon wood, 1/3 Mandrake Root, with an Eye of Mandrake core at the hilt. Created with her own two hands.
Family: Lovegood, although she feels it hardly matters in the eyes of Mother Nature..
Personal Magic: Teleportation (Aura)

===

Having opted not to pick a dorm, Dawn meditated atop the roof of the building. Seems this is Round 2, Dawn thought. One has to wonder what this place was all about. Dawn jumped off the roof. Once she landed, Dawn entered the building itself.
((I already used a Mandrake here, a small rooty version. I mean, if you want to have miscomms with the other students of what a Mandrake should look like, heh.))

Lilith sighed as she caught a glance of Dawn coming in. There was always the one newcomer that thought themselves better than their peers and she just so happens to room with her...well, if Dawn ever decides to sleep in the same room. Though from the few times Lilith did talk with her, Dawn simply grew up with a different perspective. In fact, Dawn thought she had three personal magics until it was pointed out that it was only one Personal Magic explored more thoroughly. Still, Lilith can't argue that Dawn is gifted since meshing two kinds of monster wood into a workable wand, especially by her hands, is not that common.

Dawn, Lilith, Mae and Sabrina into the outside where a wizard was tending to a pen. "Greetings, students. Welcome to Creature Care. You'll learn how to work with and against certain creatures, whether for self-defense or for ingredients, or at times as a familiar. Today, we'll start with the Bun Bun."

The teacher pulled out a ball of fuzz with ears. "Despite how round it looks, it does have hands and feet. They may look harmless, but you'll have to be careful as they are versatile creatures."

The teacher laid the Bun Bun down next to a pair of boxing gloves. It somehow work the gloves and and started punching around. "When they manage to get their hands on an item they can use, it's as if they were born with it. I'm telling you this because they don't show any signs of magic but are capable of spells if they get their hands on a magical focus like your wand."

"Another thing is that this is how big a Bun Bun usually gets. One of their tactics is to hide with a Bun Bun bigger than them." The teacher pointed to a big bale of hay decorated with ears. "Sometimes, they will build an effigy. At other times, they will co-exist with a creature that resembles a Bun Bun. In the latter case, the wild Bun Buns in the forest live with giant fuzzy spiders."

"While some of you may find Bun Bun feet to be pretty charms, most non-meat harvesters will simply gather their fur. So for today, you will harvest their fur. Remember, don't let them grab anything."

---

D and Hannah ended up in Transfiguration, where there was a stern old witch. "Today, you will be learning about Transmutations, the art of changing one item into another. Now, some of you may be wondering why not simply create the item, which is called Conjuration. Allow me to demonstrate."

The teacher created two sets of cuffs, one from thin air and one from a length of wood. She then blasted both of them, with the one from thin air in more fragments. "Conjuration creates solid matter with magic alone, yet magic along does not have a solid structure so it can break easily. With Transmutation, you have a solid framework to work with, so even if you don't transform it fully, it will not break as easily as a conjured object."

"Now, Conjuration has it use for immediate needs, such as Conjuring Rock to bash a target, but Transmutating Wood to Rock is more useful for long term projects such as building a house. It is possible to change an item into a living creature and back, but that is a topic for another time." The teacher laid down blocks of wood in front of each pair. "You and your partner will practice transmutating these blocks of wood into steel bracelets; imagine a ring and changing the material into a smooth shiny substance."
"Hm, so these guys are more intelligent and adaptable than dolphins and chimpanzees," Dawn said. "Fair enough." Dawn decided to start formulating a plan of her own. With their intelligence, getting their fur isn't going to be an easy task. Teach said not to let them grab anything, however, the best way to start with an intelligent creature is to keep it occupied... Ah! After that moment of realization, Dawn pulled out a pencil, then started drawing and writing. Once Dawn was done, she put on her desk... A Sudoku puzzle.:

[Image: zjI53EG.png]

((Mind the blue line in one of the boxes; that's really a blank box.

Also, being fair, rats ranged in size from 5 inches for the Osgood's Vietnamese rat to 25 inches for the Mountain giant Sunda rat, plus we just got a new convergent species of Diglett called "Wiglett." I'm sure a warty, crying common mandrake and the nine-foot-tall fire-breathing Eliatopian Mandrake can be two separate species))
The Bun Bun picked up the piece of paper, folded it, then smacked Dawn on the head with a paper fan before folding another piece of paper to use as its helmet.

"Oh dear. That one seems to be a Golden Bun Bun. It's a bit hard to tell with their fur, but there is a bit of shine. They tend to be crafty and are a bit proactive in creating their defenses, but their worth also increases from the superstition of luck. Ms. Lovegood, if you manage to harvest the same amount of fur from this one, you will gave a Silver Wedge."

The Bun Bun took that as a challenge and brandished its paper fan menacingly.

((Rolled for Bun Bun, got a 20 one time then 20 at a later time.))
"Of course," Dawn replied. "I should've accounted for its personality. Although a gold BunBun? Gold creatures, and not the golden retriever kind of gold, are usually rare as a whole." Dawn decided to try another approach to keep the bunbun occupied. She opted to humor the creature by folding a paper fan of her own, then gently pointing it at the bunbun, as if challenging the little guy to a fencing duel. "En garde, little one~"
"hey .... who was that girl? did you know her?" Hannah hummed softly under her breath, not wanting to anger the teacher as she followed along with the lesson, writing down anything she thought was worthy to keep as a note.

"so its best we carry some material on us always?" she mused to herself as she looked over the blocks of wood, picking one up to fiddle with in her hands while she occasionally glancing at D every now and then, obviously wanting to talk about what had happened in the hallway '... and what did she mean by gaining a sense?' though she shook off those thoughts for now, instead choosing to hold up the wooden block for D, tilting her head curiously. "you wanna try it first?"
"Belle Dino is one of the Five Senses. And do not worry about the Sense thing. You are likely to not get it even if I explain it to you." D had transmutated her ring, which seems a bit crusty. "This does not seem top be the desired result."

The teacher checked her work and resetted the wood.. "Ms...D, while shaping the magic is the goal, you should not force the magic into a smaller or larger space unless you plan to alter the property of the item. For now, if you cannot visualize shaping it like dough, the alternative would be to stretch it and connect the ends."

---

The golden Bun Bun readied its weapon and...ran away! Or maybe hopped away, but it wasn't going to fight against a bigger foe like that.