Magic School of Thot
Dawn shrugged. "There was an attempt. A simple mistake no less. No matter." Dawn replied. "I would've expected no different of an outcome if I just went for the fur anyhow. Plus you can never be sure how a wild animal would've reacted to being played with unlike a tamed animal." Dawn opted to back off. Seeing as how the creature saw Dawn as a threat, she felt it's best to not bother it.
Seeing what had happened with Dawn, Sabrina thought for a moment then pulled out her wand. 
"Maybe having a friend with them could calm their fears?" She focused on the bale of hay and made it move like a giant Bun Bun, making it roll to the nearest one.
"okay....?" Hannah nodded, looking more confused then before at this point, but simply decided to shrug it off for now and focus solely on the lesson, still fiddling around with her own piece of wood, watching D transform hers first.

"hmmmmm.... so sorta like this?" she asked after listening to the teacher lecture D, holding up the wooden block as she willed her magic through it, to make the block more malleable and easier to manipulate with her magic, forming the ring first to guide the block in the transformation, tightening and hardening her magic to turn it to metal.
Just because Dawn gave up on the Golden Bun Bun didn't mean other students were about to, some abandoning their normal Bun Buns to try and capture this elusive one.

Meanwhile, some normal Bun Buns without human minders noticed the walking haystack and seemed to huddle up with it. One of the the other students tried to brush some of the fur off a distracted one, though from the way Sabrina's puppet moved seems to tell them "these big ones are okay", the little furballs let them do.

---

D observed the procedure and compared it to the other students, seeing something. "Hannah, loosen the magic. It seems that the transmutation will draw in ambient magic to make up for the change in density."
[Image: Beta.png]
"Nice work." Dawn looked at the others. "What the..? Hey!" Dawn ran up to the others. "Easy with the manhunt, guys." Dawn swiftly got in front of the other students. "All you're gonna do is agitate it more." Hopefully Dawn's act of good will will allow the golden bunbun to trust her more. After all, if one human was enough to agitate the creature, who knows what several would do.
"loosen, huh? soo... this?" Hannah did as she was told, loosening her magic so she wouldn't draw in any ambient magic during the processes, holding up her finished transformation.
(10-10-2022, 10:23 AM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: Just because Dawn gave up on the Golden Bun Bun didn't mean other students were about to, some abandoning their normal Bun Buns to try and capture this elusive one.

Meanwhile, some normal Bun Buns without human minders noticed the walking haystack and seemed to huddle up with it.  One of the the other students tried to brush some of the fur off a distracted one, though from the way Sabrina's puppet moved seems to tell them "these big ones are okay", the little furballs let them do.

Sabrina smirked as the effigy worked, one of the others in the class being able to collect some of the fur. Sabrina looked from them to the group going after the Golden Bun Bun. If she could find the right sticks, she could use them as arms for the haystack puppet to collect the fur for her.
(10-10-2022, 01:40 PM)Tiger99 Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 10:23 AM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: Just because Dawn gave up on the Golden Bun Bun didn't mean other students were about to, some abandoning their normal Bun Buns to try and capture this elusive one.

Meanwhile, some normal Bun Buns without human minders noticed the walking haystack and seemed to huddle up with it.  One of the the other students tried to brush some of the fur off a distracted one, though from the way Sabrina's puppet moved seems to tell them "these big ones are okay", the little furballs let them do.

Sabrina smirked as the effigy worked, one of the others in the class being able to collect some of the fur. Sabrina looked from them to the group going after the Golden Bun Bun. If she could find the right sticks, she could use them as arms for the haystack puppet to collect the fur for her.

"I'll try and keep these bozos distracted," Dawn said. "Try and veer the thing in a spot where it can be seen by the creature.
(10-10-2022, 01:45 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 01:40 PM)Tiger99 Wrote:

"I'll try and keep these bozos distracted," Dawn said. "Try and veer the thing in a spot where it can be seen by the creature.

"Right." Nodding her head, Sabrina made the Haystack Bun Bun to the Golden creature.
((I just realized something. How the frick would anyone be able to harvest fur without a razor?))
((Combs and shears are provided. Some might opt to use their magic if they know the spell.))

The Golden Bun Bun seemed to snicker as it had swiped a trowel earlier to lay down a mud pie, one that the paper girl unknowingly stepped on. There was no way that these big two-legs would outsmart this furball.

So claims the Golden Bun Bun as it sat upon the bigger Bun Bun.

---

Hannah's ring looked...well, it is made of steel wool.

"Miss Graysky, you should only focus on the image and shape; the ambient magic would have filled in the rest." The teacher lectured as she once again reset the block.

"It is my fault. I had relayed that information to her during her attempt." D spoke out.

The teacher shook her head. "Transmutation is a delicate process. Sudden changes could have the magic lash out at you. While more advanced transmutations would require changes on the fly, the first few classes are designed to get you into the mindset of a focused thought."
Dawn had a poker face. With her left hand, she telekinetically pulled a pair of shears and a comb towards her. Dawn then got to work on the gloating bun bun. "How about we split this stuff," Dawn said, being careful not to overdo it.

((Got 18 just in case.))

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"s-sorry!" hannah squeaked out, blushing in slight embarrassment as she rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly, setting down her ring to be reset into a wooden block to try again, this time just imagining the ring and letting her magic do the work, focusing her magic through the image and vice versa.
Sabrina thought for a moment, wondering how easy it could be to get another Bun Bun (or a few) to tie up Dawn and get all the glory. The moment it finished however, she felt bad. That was something her cousins would do, she was better then that though. 
"Of course, but you deserve the Silver Wedge." Sabrina said with a smile.
This time, Hannah and D got the rings to a passable state.

---

Somehow, Dawn had earned a Silver Wedge if the mess of hay on her and Sabrina were anything to go by. Thankfully, there was time to clean up before class ended.

===

After the second class, the three houses would reconvene at the dining hall for lunch before they would leave for their third and fourth classes of the day.

((Would you guys like to continue class by class or would you like me to advance a few days for more Silver Wedge opportunities?))
((I would imagine continuing class by class would help build the world up some more before the silver wedge dealie.))

Dawn looked at the silver wedge she had in her hand while eating her lunch. "What is the point of these things if all people are seeking here is an arbitrary title?" Dawn said.
(10-11-2022, 10:06 PM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: This time, Hannah and D got the rings to a passable state.

---

Somehow, Dawn had earned a Silver Wedge if the mess of hay on her and Sabrina were anything to go by.  Thankfully, there was time to clean up before class ended.

===

After the second class, the three houses would reconvene at the dining hall for lunch before they would leave for their third and fourth classes of the day.

((Would you guys like to continue class by class or would you like me to advance a few days for more Silver Wedge opportunities?))

Sabrina was happy for Dawn, the black hair girl pulling some of the hay off herself. She did wish she could have earned it but it wouldn't have been right if she had tried to get the blonde out of the way. With a smile she began rolling the hay into a ball to make her own little Bun bun, well, parsley for now until she make it some ears.

((I'm honestly good either way boss, I'm just enjoying the story Big Grin))
Lilith sat with Dawn, so she answered her question within range of Sabrina.  "I know you have a...different view of the world, but society is about 'having great power comes with great responsibility'.  Part of the Divine Visionary's responsibility is to protect the world from rogue wizards and powerful creatures alike.  In fact, because they protect our world with powers greater than other wizards and witches, it's more like they are given titles as a reward of their hard-earned services."

"And before you point it out, the system is unfair to those with weak or even no magic.  Even though no-majs are rare, it would be difficult for them to protect us from said dangers."  Lilith stole a glance at Angelica before averting her eyes back to Dawn.  "Though being a Divine Visionary gives you a better chance at changing society legally, and even if you choose not to become one, any coins you collect is still valuable as bargaining chips to the members of our house who aim to become one."
"It is true that with great power comes great responsibility, but as such, it is foolish to associate power with a title," Dawn replied. "For example, in our class alone, you've seen people of varying levels of skill ranging from being ahead of the class to a point where you could mistake them for 2nd years to those who struggled to imagine a padlock with the Conjuration spell. Besides, you'll never know if, instead of Divine Visionary, the most powerful wizard becomes a Dark Lord. And those who seek the title of Great Visionary here may fall under through their own greed and pride."

Using a hand motion, Dawn conjured a combo lock. "Furthermore, magic is limited in on itself. This combo lock may appear now, but once the magic within it runs out..." Dawn paused as the lock faded away in her hand. "It'll disappear. The same rules apply to us, only we're physical beings and thus wouldn't disappear once we run out of mana. And trust me, you'll never know when even someone such as a Divine Visionary will run out of mana. That's a real possibility I was taught by a Logon Druid when I was training my magical abilities with them. You can feel the feeling of having no magic to work with if your magic is sealed by a sealing spell. As such, before I was allowed to craft my own wand, the Logons had me cast spells with my bare hands and, later, train in straight-up hand-to-hand combat."

---

We see the scene flash to Dawn during her training with the Logons. In the flashback, Dawn was using her hands to spar with a Logon that had focus mitts (mitts with round pads used for training boxers, as shown here: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c...lan_10.jpg

"I was confused at first, but the Druid told me it is important to defend myself should I ever find myself incapable of using magic. And so, with temporary seals on my magic, I sparred using my fists..."

We then see Dawn kicking at a Logon holding a padded shield for kicking. "My kicks..."

Then we see Dawn putting her arms up to block a fireball spell that a druid cast against her. "And my guard in order to make it through..."

"And before long..." Soon, we see Dawn facing a Logon Druid. The Druid fired off two fireballs. Dawn got in a battle stance. "Haaaaa!!!" Dawn batted one fireball away with the back of her right hand, then the other with the palm of her hand. The Logon Druid then cast a third fireball spell. Dawn, in response, smacked the fireball away with a punch. Then, the Logons clapped. "I was countering fireballs casted through magic with my own two hands."

We then cut to Dawn forming a wand with her own magic. "It was shortly after when I was allowed to craft my own wand: one that represented mother nature."

---

Then, we're back at the cafeteria. "A wand is but an extension of our own power, but there are some people who don't view it as such. Back in the Conjuration class, I knew the teacher was very restrictive, which I knew would stifle gifted people like a few of your classmates who practiced various other ways to use Levios. However, I did not want to put myself in a situation where I wouldn't have any other choice but to tell her to screw off. Had I been in such a situation, I would've been met with a leather sleepsack and muzzle and a trip to the headmaster's office as a result; a complete "Why are you booing me? I'm right" situation if you ask me. Instead, I just hung out in the back of the classroom. Nobody ever looks in the back; then again, it could be a simple case of nobody wanting to mess with me. There, I wordlessly casted the Levios and Optimar spells with my right hand. That is the reason why you never heard me anywhere in the classroom. When I was satisfied, I simply used a sigil familiar to me and warped back to my personal sanctum atop the roof of the building. It was when I jumped off and landed safely that you managed to finally notice my presence."

Dawn took another bite of lunch. "But on a different note." Dawn smiled. "The veggie lasagna they're dishing out tastes pretty good!"
"there we go~" Hannah cheered happily, spinning the metal ring around her finger in victory, pulling D into a hug happily for a second or two, before awkwardly pulling away, her cheeks tinted pink. "s-sorry, guess I g-got a bit excited there" she chuckled, rubbing the back of her head, while curiously eyeing the ring, wondering what else she could turn it into.