Slime the Dice
Baduba was a little distracted by coming up with a witty answer to Dawn's quip, so she missed the start of the fight. But now she was back in the real world and ready to act.
- "I'm actually a master of stealth, not an acrobat. But it can really work" she replied (and added to herself: "Besides, slimes already know I'm here")
The orc picked up a blackjack (by human standards, it was quite an impressive baton), abruptly darted forward and jumped on the nearest slime, intending to push off from it and fall from above with a baton on the second slime.
((Baduba is not too dexterous, but strong, hardy and quite fast. Its characteristics can be compared with a steam road roller))
Sorry for bad English. This is not my native language.
Baduba squished the slime for two damage, and as it bounced back, the orc was launched towards the other slime to deal it one damage (both slimes are equally damaged now).  It's too bad that the slimes learned not to be squishy, so that tactic isn't going to work again.

Baduba also realized that the slimes are one hit away from...doing the slimy equivalent of dying.  However that looks like.
[Image: Beta.png]
It seems the slimes opted to use their turn armoring themselves, Dawn thought. Perhaps a ranged move would be more effective. Time to make use of my aura.
Dawn held her hand up, then fired off a couple ki blasts at the slimes.
- "It worked! They are almost dead!" - happily informed Baduba to Dawn..
After that, she decided to consolidate the advantage, and therefore loudly shouted the name of the attack "Absolutely unnoticeable and carefully hidden incredibly thievish stab in the back!" and kicked the second slime with her strong muscular leg. In the orc's understanding, this was a cunning deception maneuver.
"Oh my flipping god..." Dawn muttered to herself as she pinched her nose. "Bro. Even the slimes we're battling know you're not supposed to yell out a bunch of nonsense like a Tiktok user when you wanna do a surprise attack."
Should be noted that not all Good Info gives advantage, but I was planning to add a mechanic where getting all Checkmarks or all X's in a roll gives advantage/disadvantage on the next roll.

---

Baduba can't argue with the result of her attack as the slime was utterly splattered with her sneaky attack.

And the other slime...ran back into the cave (or some sort of fleeing movement).  Overall, it seems that the battle was easy, but this was merely the beginning as they still have to enter the cave itself.
"Let that other slime go," Dawn said. "It's for the best of their biodiversity." Dawn walked on.
And so the partying duo ventured into the cave.  It seems like a rocky type of cave with the light becoming dimmer as they headed further in.

So if you want to roll a search or stealth, now would be a good time.
- "Tik-tok? I don't use Tik-tok. I'm using my Bang-bang!" - and orc-girl proudly showed her baton to Dawn, after which she began to wipe it from the remnants of slime. Obviously, she thought that Tik-tok was some kind of weapon, used by magician or druids.
- "I wouldn't worry about the biodiversity of slime. If the rumors about this nest are true, then there is still a lot of it there." - she answered the last remark of her companion and followed her

(01-23-2023, 02:06 PM)Polyedit2000 Wrote: And so the partying duo ventured into the cave.  It seems like a rocky type of cave with the light becoming dimmer as they headed further in.

So if you want to roll a search or stealth, now would be a good time.

Once inside the cave, Baduba put out her hand, blocking the path of Dawn:
- "Wait. It's better if I go ahead. I can find and defuse the traps. And if you go first, the enemies will immediately know that we are here."
"It would be rash to push forward if that were the case," Dawn said. "I'll settle for searching for a bit." And so she did...

((I had to roll two different dice since I wasn't sure what to use. I rolled a D20 and got a 14: https://prnt.sc/WqpHlFkkFwIT

I also rolled with Basic Dice 2 in mind (given that didn't seem to be for combat) and got a 3, which corresponds to this: https://prnt.sc/4syxgtFFNA7s ))
((Decided to roll for both of you.  And figured Baduba can save her advantage for later.))

Despite stumbling through the dark, Baduba came across a rock that seemed to dance in a light, and it turns out there was a lantern behind it.  And Dawn had come across a wet piece of parchment that; with light from the lantern, she can see that the parchment is a map to this cave like the one they have.
Dawn looked at the wet parchment. "Seems someone has been here before."
- "It's impossible," said Baduba, looking over her shoulder at Dawn - "Information about the location of the nest appeared quite recently and we immediately went to it. No one would have managed to get here before us."
And she carefully touched the lantern she found with the tip of her baton.
The lantern had foggy glass yet the flame within it danced towards the top of the casing.  Tipping it over did not change that dance.

Suddenly, a bigger slime dropped from the ceiling and shoots globs at the girls!

Seems like this enemy is fighting back.  Remember what I said about actions you can do earlier?  You could fight this and get hit by the glob, or you can focus on dodging the attack to avoid that hit.  Pay attention to the monster's actions and you should get through unscathed.
"Hmph!" Dawn opted to dodge the globs fired at her.
The bigger slime's attack took the orc by surprise, and she realized that she was unlikely to be able to avoid all the globs. So she decided to fight instead. After all, a couple of globs are unlikely to seriously injure an orc.
The green-skinned girl grabbed an unusual lantern from the floor and threw it at the enemy with a flourish. Maybe she could set fire to that slime.
While Dawn dodged, Baduba was hit with a glob that stuck to her chest, though the orc threw the lantern into the glob...for one damage despite her show of strength.  At least the slime's semi-translucence lit up the room with a light source, and Baduba saw a dented shield on the ground.
"I'll keep the pillow with eyes busy. Try and check for anything worthwhile." Dawn made her next move, firing off a couple ki blasts at the slime.
After recovering her breath after being hit by the glob, Baduba shook off a clot of slime from her chest and lifted the shield from the ground (the globs hit too painfully to neglect protection).
Then she nodded to the Dawn and tiptoed off into the darkness, trying to sneak up to the big slime from the rear, so that she could then strike a sudden strike (well, or find something useful for this fight along the way).
Dawn's blasts make the slime flinch, and Baduba saw her opportunity to strike swiftly at its rear, dealing a total of four damage to the slime!  The combo move seems to get the girls in high hopes (Dawn and Baduba has advantage on next roll).  

Though the slime was pissed off and fired another round of globs at the girls!