Slime the Dice
Eh, I dunno about Dawn; she's just as neutral as she was before the attack. "Here we go again..!" Dawn opted to concentrate on dodging again.
Despite the chosen class, the orc girl was not too good at dodging, so she tried to block herself from the globs with a shield. It was battered, but it looked like it could with stand another one or two volleys.
Sorry for bad English. This is not my native language.
Baduba's shield flew off but took the hit for her while Dawn dodged the projectile, both forgoing their advantage.  Dawn saw a worn staff next to her.
[Image: Beta.png]
"Hmm, odd." Dawn picked the staff up. "I'll sell it for a quick buck when I get back to town." Dawn stuck the staff into... Whatever the heck is supposed to represent the inventory. I would guess a bag. Anyway, after storing away the staff, Dawn pointed her right hand at the slime, then fired an energy wave from her hand.
While Dawn was being attacked by the slime, Baduba slipped into the shadows and hid behind the nearest stalagmite to wait out the next attack with balls, and then deliver another sudden blow. Maybe in a one-on-one battle, she wouldn't be able to hide from her opponent's attention so easily. But she was counting on the slime to be distracted by Dawn's attack.
The slime ducked inwards, which had Dawn's attack fly over...but kept it in one place for Baduba to stab it for one damage.

As the slime prepared to shoot again, Dawn realized that it looked more translucent with what seems like a pulpy core inside; perhaps shooting all those slimes exposed its weakpoint.

(6 damage so far).
"Perhaps if I can hit it before it hits me..." Dawn pointed her hand at the pulpy mass in the slime, then fired off another energy wave as her counterattack. A risky move, Dawn felt, but a move nonetheless.
Baduba jumped out of hiding and attacked the big slime from the side, aiming her baton at a vulnerable spot. She didn't understand the anatomy of slime, but she was smart enough to understand that the core could be a vulnerable place and you need to hit there. "Yes! It's a sudden strike, bitch!" she shouted... mentally, and put as much force as possible into the blow to break through the layer of slime.
"I heard that!" Don't forget Dawn can read auras. She felt the disturbance from Baduba's own aura.
Dawn's attack landed and damaged the slime, but it failed to hit the core and Dawn's risky move had the glob impact her chest. Baduba's attempted to strike what she thought was the core, though she pulled out a bundle of shirt and was globbed in the legs for her distraction.
"Oof." Dawn slid back a foot, but she still stood on her two feet. "Hm, a fairly easy spot to get it off from. I just gotta do... This..." Dawn took off her own sweater, then tossed it aside. "How are you holding up, Orc?"
((Rolled as an attempted "heal wound" move.))

The goop seeped through the sweater and remained on Dawn's body. Though her clean but soaked sweater landed on a discard helm.
"Hmmh," Dawn said. "Probably just plain water." Dawn noticed the lump in her sweater. Pulling it up, Dawn saw the helmet. "Hey, who keeps throwing their junk in a cave?"
- "Oh, I'm fine... I'm fine," - Baduba replied uncertainly, wincing at the pain in her bruised leg. Nevertheless, she decided not to miss the initiative and inflicted several more furious blows with a club on the slime (of course, these were no longer sudden strikes from the shadows, but the anger gave her strength).
Baduba's proving not to be an orc barbarian as her strikes fly over the slime for zero damage, her rage blinding her to whatever happens next.

(2 X's. Just like how all Checkmarked give an advantage, all X's will give a disadvantage.)

Best to deal with the slime before it can take advantage.
"Well... Here's to hoping this doesn't cause a cave-in." Dawn formed an orb of energy between her two hands. "Rrrrrah!!!" She thrust both her hands in front of her, firing off an energy wave from it.
Baduba was annoyed by the blunder, but deep down she was pleased with such a clear proof that she turned out to be a better thief than a barbarian.
Anyway, the orc girl threw the first cobblestone, that came to hand, into the slime and retreated behind the stalagmite, so as not to fall under the energy wave of Dawn, and try to merge with the shadows again.
And the slime died. Historians may argue that it was the stone that impacted its innards rather than the flashy attack that ultimately killed it, but it is still dead. No crystal in this one, though.

Now, while logic dictates a path further down this nest, Baduba's position and the flash from Dawn's attack did reveal a crawling tunnel that they would not have spotted under normal conditions.
"Well, that was done and over with..." Dawn said as she picked up her sweater, finally seeing the helmet underneath. She picked up the helmet and just stuck it in her... Imma say "pack." "Well, another junk item to sell off." Dawn slid her sweater off, the slime on her chest soaking through it again because that's what happened last time. "Well, let's carry on, shall we?"
Baduba rummaged through the remains of the slime and not finding the crystal there, sighed in disappointment. It didn't seem to be the main slime. (If some valuable things like coins, precious stones or silverware were found in the remains of the slime, then she took them for herself)
- "I guess we'll have to crawl there now," - she replied to Dawn and nodded in the direction of the tunnel. The orc girl approached the tunnel, squatted down and looked inside without much enthusiasm, wondering if she would be able to squeeze through it. Baduba was a rather large and full-figured girl (although by the standards of the Orcs she was considered petite) and she did not want her big breasts or fat ass to get stuck when she crawled halfway through the tunnel.