Overbound
"... like those back there?" April hummed, quickly grabbing one of the trinkets off the table to hold Skitts in before rushing off to find the closest mummified body she could find for Skitts to inhabit.
"They are-"

Thankfully, April found a mummified body and shoved Skitts' soul in.  Unfortunately, she didn't realize that she just forced the other soul Ella was interrogating out.

"Bro is a dick and Lil can suck it too."
[Image: Beta.png]
"The fuck?" Ella asked.
"Wake up."

Right, when the girls picked up that "vintage wine" and dropped it, it had released a gas that had them hallucinating dark and dreary stuff. The tomb captain standing over them was fine and so was an intact if drowsy Skitts (who might have come separately). Oh, and the sarcophagi are fine too.

The captain checked the girls over. "Are you girls alright? You don't have any allergic reactions to ancient gas traps, do you?"
"What the?" Ella asked. "were we tripping this whole time?"
"h-huh? what" April slurred as she practically shot up, frantically glancing around to see where she was, only to lay back and groan when she realizes what happened. "...yeah never again, don't touch anything got it ... ugh."
"Right. Well, she came here for a soul bath. You're free to join her if you want."

The captain pick Skitts up and carried her to a prep room, wrapping the out-of-it girl in bandages.
"I wouldn't mind giving it a shot..." Ella replied. "I need something relaxing after that dark acid trip anyway."
"y-yeah sure, n-need something to clear my mind" april nodded
The captain guided the humans to the slabs where she wrapped both of them in (clean) bandages from head to toe, telling them to lie down.

The soul bath was part sound bath, starting with a gong that reverberated and drove away bad spirits. Then ringing bowls and cackling beads would ring, luring in curious souls. One bowl in particular would be carried as it sang between the three mummies, guiding the souls around.
It was a curious sensation, to say the least. Outside, there was the more or less the ritualistic sounds described previously, but inside, it's a more or less surreal experience. It's as if she's going through some fever dream or a hallucination. At the same time, a pinkish aura radiated off Ella, which should be a sign that the soul bath is doing its job.
The captain soon removed the bandages from Ella's face. "...I'm not going to ask how a human attuned with our soul magic, but it seems to be in the early stages. I would recommend purging it or else you'll suffer some adverse effects such as being a pseudo-Hornkin and not being able to leave past the barrier."
"Guess fairytales and my innate ability to sing and tame animals counted for something." Ella replied. "Or maybe it was because I had a dragon side of me when I was little. I'll have to ask Gwen to figure it out later."
((Bond56, if you no want to RP, she'll be gone.))

The captain sighed, figuring that the human was blind to the actual issue. Not that it was her place to object. She unwrapped Ella from the bandage. "So what do you plan to do now?"
((I'll send a DM.))

"Well, I'm thinking of either heading over to Lake Oobleck or make my way over to the Queen's castle."
((heh yeah sorry ... think I'm dipping out of this one now, its been fun!)
Ella might or might not notice that April's mummy has gone missing.

"Your friend has gone ahead to the castle." The captain replied as she tended to Skitts. "You haven't gone along since I had that question, but I do not believe your friend was brought in for questions. The castle is behind this tomb if you want to go there."
"I may as well head on over there. I have one small idea that may help you guys out, but it'll be a risky endeavor. I won't know if it'll work until I try it myself." Ella got up. Soon after, she made her way out of the tomb, making her way towards the Queen's castle. She may be judged by Azuros before meeting up with the queen, but still.
"You sure took your sweet time." Azuros stepped out from behind a pillar, now more dressed like the knight he is. "Anyway, I'm here to give you two choices. If you wish to leave the Dark Under, there is a path straight to the barrier that humans should move through, and I'll also bring your friends there if you choose that. However, should you wish to speak to the Queen...seven isn't the magical number."
"I shall speak with the Queen." Ella replied.