Overbound
Harley left with Ella.  She gave a look of worry. "I hope ths other human is ok. You know, the one that was unconscious on the flower bed."
"Same. I'll keep an eye out for this Devonn guy." And so Ella had.

((18 for... I guess the right word is anticipation. Oh hwait, it's actually called "awareness."))

- "Oh, SukaBlyat" - Julia swore and jumped aside, dodging the ball, and at the same time pushed Jadien in the opposite direction so that the ball would not hit her too.
- "What kind of magic is this?!"
Sorry for bad English. This is not my native language.
(04-24-2023, 08:48 AM)bond56 Wrote: "mmmph! mmmmMMPH!" April cried into her gag, trying to call out to Juila and Jadien to get there attention, gesturing with her head for them to come over to her as she leaned up against the door putting her entire weight into, slamming her shoulder into it.

face palming, or welll, face planting into the door at Julia's proclamation, April continued to call Jadien over while Devonn was hopefully still distracted, squirming over to meet her half way to see if they could free each other, just had to push the button right?

Jaiden yelled as best as she could as Julia just left her! Jaiden then noticed April at a door. Like the other rubber-clad girl, Jaiden face-planted on the floor. She grunted in annoyance before crawling toward April. It took her a moment but she finally got over to the other woman before using her puckered lips to press the button on her collar.

"Please work." Jaiden silently prayed, unsure just how trustworthy Devonn's word was.
doing the same as Jaiden, April pushed her puckered lips against the button on Jaidens collar, her cheeks burning with a blush as she ignored how they probably looked right now.
Ella and Harley found that, while there are more tunnels, they were generally blocked off with wooden barriers save for two, one of them being the way they came from.  And based on some guesswork, the second tunnel would lead straight where the gate would be.  This was confirmed by the sound of fighting.

---

The collars snapped open, dissolving the rubber just as quickly and freeing the girls.  The collars could not be bent in, probably to ensure that escapees could not turn the device on the captors.

"Soul Magic.  Some used it to...persuade humans before our sealing.  For me, I simply shape it to attack the unworthy..."  Devonn materialized a man catcher staff that split at one end like a two-pronged fork.  "And to protect the Dark Under."

To show off this soul magic, Devonn swung his staff forward, creating a wall that launched April and Jaedin at Julia!
[Image: Beta.png]
Harley decided to enter the second tunnel leading to where the gate was. "Hey princess this tunnel seems quite long."
- "You talk too much. But your tricks won't help you," - Julia said confidently. But at that moment Devonn used his magic.
- Julia managed to notice the attack and even tried to jump aside again, but she couldn't. She was ready to dodge a fireball or even several fireballs, but not two massive human bodies. Therefore, in a second Julia was already lying on the ground, pinned down from above by two other girls.
"Not that long, tho," Ella replied. "Just from earshot, I can hear a fight going on over there." Ella soon made a run into the second tunnel. "I'll have to handle this!"
"gah! th-thank you" April, gasped, sputtering out slightly between deep breaths as she quickly grabbed the used collars, while they may not trigger again they where still quite heavy and quickly clambered to her feet, or at least she tried too. "you couldn't just let his phone distract him?" she could help but yell out as she was thrown through the air, throwing the collars back at Devonn, aiming for his head.

"sorry" she grunted as she scrambled off of Julia, turning to face Devonn.
Jaiden let out a sigh as she was free from the latex, the girl fixing her hair. She looked at the two girls then to Devonn, just in time two be struck by the wall they summoned. 

"Why?" She moaned holding her head.
((Apologies. 8-week class had a lot of written assignments/tests but that should be out of the way barring extra credit.))

To summarize for Ella and Harley, they just entered the gate room. Said gate is on the other side of the room behind Devonn. There were also Julia, Jaiden and the surprisingly alive April who were just getting up.

Devonn cancelled his wall and, seeing the three girls piled up together, fired several fireballs at them. That had been the reason the collars easily bonked him in the head, though it could also be due to a field that shimmered.

"Soul Magic also protects our body. I imagine your kind has heard tales of unstoppable monsters. I am one of many." Devonn bragged.

A phone in Harley's pocket rang an unfamiliar ring tone.
The blue haired girl begrudgingly picked up. "Hello you better not be scam call ." She said in a hushed voice.
Ella saw what was going on. She knew she was gonna have to help the girls out, but how? Ella sighed. "Hold on, girls!"

((18 for Agility: https://prnt.sc/jZ3uIjIiAwzw ))

Ella jumped in, then did a couple front flips before landing in front of the pile, facing Devonn. "Hey, what even is your problem?"
"gah!" April yelped, dipping, ducking and dodge around the fire balls as best as she could as she put enough space between her and the others so they all couldn't be taken out by one attack, while still be close enough to help if need be. "do you really want a fight that badly? what will it take to just, let us pass?"

((hopefully they weren't too bad and you pass the class Polly))
"This is Lilith.  I want to warn you that even if your Soul Magic lets you take some hits, it can wear out in a prolonged fight and make you tired afterwards..."

A bit of a pause.  "Oh wait, you humans don't have Soul Magic.  Er, sorry about that.  I think Devonn has some books on humans..."

Lilith hung up.

---

Devonn scoffed.  "The problem?  Where do you think you are?  Our kind have been herded into this mountain, left forgotten by your kind.  What even is the sun or the moon?"

"And as I said, the only humans that I will pass through the gates are the ones that are captured."  Devonn gathered energy in his staff and swung, sending out a wave of energy horizontally.
((17 for the block.))

Ella held firm and put both arms in front of her head to block the move. Soon after, Ella said, "Sins of the father much? You do realize... That the only difference I've seen between you and me is you have antlers and maybe insecurities from the whole mask thing." She sees determined to get the guy to relent.
"didn't let us through last time...." April couldn't help grumble to herself, rolling her eyes as she looked for anything she could throw or use to fight back ... thought she wasn't much of a fighter to begin with. "what, if we let you capture us, will you let us through?" she asked sarcastically, trying to move around to grab the collars and throw them at Devonn again.
Slightly rumpled, but still combat-ready, Julia got out from under the girls who pinned her down. But before she could get to know them and apologize for not untying them from the very beginning, the goathorned monster started its fire show again.
She dodged his fireballs quite easily, and jumped over a low wave a little less easily.
- "For an invincible monster, your attacks are too slow," - she said mockingly to Devonn. Then she ran towards him, moving in zigzags so as not to fall under his fireballs , and quickly shortening the distance.
Harley went into the action "hey jerk theres more of us then you thought".