Escape The Padded Cell
"Okay then, let's try for something a bit different."

Another round of toeing things into position produced this:

⁊ & Ð Þ Æ Ƿ A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X Y Z
(03-25-2021, 10:05 PM)DarkGrey Wrote: "Okay then, let's try for something a bit different."

Another round of toeing things into position produced this:

⁊ & Ð Þ Æ Ƿ A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X Y Z

Nope. Try again.
Vicki huffed. She was running out of ideas, but determined to continue.

"I'm not giving up. Let's try something else."

A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X Y Z ⁊ & Ð Þ Æ Ƿ
(03-25-2021, 11:15 PM)DarkGrey Wrote: Vicki huffed. She was running out of ideas, but determined to continue.

"I'm not giving up. Let's try something else."

A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X Y Z ⁊ & Ð Þ Æ Ƿ

Well, you got all the letters on the correct side, but only Þ is in the correct position.
"Ohhh-kay..."

A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X Y Z Ƿ & Ð Æ ⁊ Þ
(03-25-2021, 02:05 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 01:08 PM)Bound cat Wrote: Alex with pizza in his mouth, takes another look at the podiums . He's no expert on heraldry, so he doesn't recognize the flag of Hawaii. But he knows very well what the flag of Canada looks like.
Alex walks over to the Canadian catwalk and carefully places the pizza on it.

((Who says a character has to be smart?))

Correct! Hawaiian pizza was actually a Canadian creation. Granted your line of thinking was, eh, unconventional, but whatever.

The podium with the Canadian flag on it clicked down. Next thing you knew, you came across memes! Specifically statuettes of memes of old that would appear in a cavity that opened up on the left side of your cell. You saw the Peanut Butter Jelly time banana, the Troll Face, Sanic, Morshu, Ugandan Knuckles, and Big Chungus. The task at hand? There was a sign that asked, "Order the memes from oldest to youngest."

Alex saw that his actions were successful, and exclaimed joyfully:
- Woo Hoo!
But then he realized that only a panel in the wall had opened, not the cell door.:
- D'oh!
Alex examined the figurines. Well, he knew memes a little better than state flags.But the task this time was much more difficult than the choice of two options.

((What size are these statuettes and how much do they weigh?))
(03-26-2021, 11:37 AM)Bound cat Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 02:05 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 01:08 PM)Bound cat Wrote: Alex with pizza in his mouth, takes another look at the podiums . He's no expert on heraldry, so he doesn't recognize the flag of Hawaii. But he knows very well what the flag of Canada looks like.
Alex walks over to the Canadian catwalk and carefully places the pizza on it.

((Who says a character has to be smart?))

Correct! Hawaiian pizza was actually a Canadian creation. Granted your line of thinking was, eh, unconventional, but whatever.

The podium with the Canadian flag on it clicked down. Next thing you knew, you came across memes! Specifically statuettes of memes of old that would appear in a cavity that opened up on the left side of your cell. You saw the Peanut Butter Jelly time banana, the Troll Face, Sanic, Morshu, Ugandan Knuckles, and Big Chungus. The task at hand? There was a sign that asked, "Order the memes from oldest to youngest."

Alex saw that his actions were successful, and exclaimed joyfully:
- Woo Hoo!
But then he realized that only a panel in the wall had opened, not the cell door.:
- D'oh!
Alex examined the figurines. Well, he knew memes a little better than state flags.But the task this time was much more difficult than the choice of two options.

((What size are these statuettes and how much do they weigh?))

((I don't think that matters.))
Alex walked over to the and stared at them, trying to remember. Definitely, Peanut Butter Jelly time banana, the Troll Face and Morshu are quite old memes. Ugandan Knuckles, and Big Chungus are relatively new. And Sanik is somewhere in the middle.
Carefully pushing the statuettes with his feet, Alex swaps Morshu and Sanik.
Now the order is as follows:
Banana, Troll Face, Morshu, Sanic, Knuckles, Chungus
(03-26-2021, 03:03 PM)Bound cat Wrote: Alex walked over to the and stared at them, trying to remember. Definitely, Peanut Butter Jelly time banana, the Troll Face and Morshu are quite old memes. Ugandan Knuckles, and Big Chungus are relatively new. And Sanik is somewhere in the middle.
Carefully pushing the statuettes with his feet, Alex swaps Morshu and Sanik.
Now the order is as follows:
Banana, Troll Face, Morshu, Sanic, Knuckles, Chungus

As nice of an effort as that was... Troll Face and Morshu were the memes shown to be in the wrong position, indicated by red lights. The rest were all marked with green lights. I was honestly surprised to learn about that myself.
Alex wasn't sure if it had been Knuckles or Chungusbefore. And in what order should the first three memes be placed.
But now, thanks to the indicators all his doubts were dispelled.
"Freedom! Freedom at last!" - thinks Alex naively and swaps Morshu and Troll Face.
Now order: Banana, Morshu, Troll Face, Sanic, Knuckles, Chungus:
(03-26-2021, 03:35 PM)Bound cat Wrote: Alex wasn't sure if it had been Knuckles or Chungusbefore. And in what order should the first three memes be placed.
But now, thanks to the indicators all his doubts were dispelled.
"Freedom! Freedom at last!" - thinks Alex naively  and swaps Morshu and Troll Face.
Now order: Banana, Morshu, Troll Face, Sanic, Knuckles, Chungus:

Correct! Morshu became a meme weeks before the Trollface came into existence. The next you gotta do, well... Another panel opened up. There, you see a cyan, a magenta, a yellow, and a black button. The target color is indicated by a circle, which is colored brown. The task here is to make the color brown by using cyan, magenta, yellow, and black (or "key").

There's also a red "Reset" button.

Hint: Press and hold the button you decide to press.
- Hooray! I'm fr...
But instead of the cell door, another panel opens.
- Grrrt!.. - Alex growls and stamps his foot on the floor in exasperation.
But there's nothing to do. Alex goes to the panel and examine a new task.

((How far are the buttons from each other? And are they high from the floor?))
(03-26-2021, 04:16 PM)Bound cat Wrote: - Hooray! I'm fr...
But instead of the cell door, another panel opens.
- Grrrt!.. - Alex growls and stamps his foot on the floor in exasperation.
But there's nothing to do. Alex goes to the panel and examine a new task.

((How far are the buttons from each other? And are they high from the floor?))

What did you expect? This thing is supposed to be a puzzle.

((Not too far; you can probably press them with your nose or something.))
- hmmmm...
Alex tried to scratch the back of his head thoughtfully, but remembered that he couldn't use his hands.
The black color is clearly not suitable. To begin with, let's try this. With his nose, Alex presses and holds first the cyan, and then the magenta button
(03-26-2021, 10:12 PM)Bound cat Wrote: - hmmmm...
Alex tried to scratch the back of his head thoughtfully, but remembered that he couldn't use his hands.
The black color is clearly not suitable. To begin with, let's try this. With his nose, Alex presses and holds first the cyan, and then the magenta button

The white light turned cyan first, then into some blue color. It would seem you hadn't considered timing here.
(03-25-2021, 11:36 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 11:15 PM)DarkGrey Wrote: A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X Y Z ⁊ & Ð Þ Æ Ƿ

Well, you got all the letters on the correct side, but only Þ is in the correct position.

(03-26-2021, 04:52 AM)DarkGrey Wrote: "Ohhh-kay..."

"Wait a minute..."

Vicki realised her mistake, and corrected it.

A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X Y Z  Ƿ & Ð Þ ⁊ Æ

"There, that's better."

She sighed. "I feel like there's some sort of context that I'm missing here."
(03-26-2021, 11:12 PM)DarkGrey Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 11:36 PM)Flashlight237 Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 11:15 PM)DarkGrey Wrote: A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X Y Z ⁊ & Ð Þ Æ Ƿ

(03-26-2021, 04:52 AM)DarkGrey Wrote: "Ohhh-kay..."

"Wait a minute..."

Vicki realised her mistake, and corrected it.

A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X Y Z  Ƿ & Ð Þ ⁊ Æ

"There, that's better."

She sighed. "I feel like there's some sort of context that I'm missing here."
Þ and Æ are in the correct positions, but the rest aren't. I'll throw in another hint.

Hint: Ampersand is always put right next to Z due to its "27th letter" reputation. Put & directly after Z and work your way from there.
It seems that idea was correct, but something is missing.. Alex presses and holds both buttons at the same time. Cyan with his nose, magenta with his tongue.
"I hope there are no germs here"
"Ohh-kay..." Vicki thought for a moment, and tried again.

A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X Y Z & Ð ⁊ Þ Ƿ Æ
(03-10-2021, 10:29 AM)Flashlight237 Wrote: ((Okay, first RP thread in the forum. I go for a relatively light RP session so we can get our heads back in the game. Without further ado, here goes.))

You wake up in a padded cell. You are wearing nothing but your underwear and a straitjacket that was very securely bound onto your body. You wonder what the frick is going on until you find a note. The note would read...

"Greetings. You may be wondering why you're here. Well, I'd like to propose a little challenge to you. If you can escape your cell, you'll be rewarded with a $50 gift card to Amazon. If you don't, hope you don't mind having your straitjacket being padlocked for the rest of the day. Now then, see if you can get out of your cell.

P.S. If you're a Karen, don't bother. We already padlocked your jacket and a had sent in a giant scorpion to your cell to have you for lunch. This was a measure we took to keep you from spreading rabies."

With that being said, why don't you have a look around, eh?

Rehyanne wakes up looks around. She is confused at first, as she was in her bedroom last time she knew, but waking up in strange places is something she's familiar. She tries to see what's on her room, as she shuffles in her bonds.