Bastian Fan-Boards

Full Version: Overbound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
"Don't try heating anything with metal in them in a microwave oven; they'll catch fire!" Ella called out. Soon after, she turned to April. "Well, what now?" While waiting, Ella chipped in a bit of money for a box of popcorn (eh, kettle corn, popcorn, same thing). "Should we try and find Elizabeth?"
The kettle corn had a number of kernels that weren't salty or sweet when Ella tasted it; the vendor seemed to have a hard time stirring consistently.
Ella shrugged. Hand-crafted snacks may have a few quirks that may make them stand out from the rest, so she felt the difference in taste wasn't a big deal.
"that was the plan to begin with, wasn't it? though I'm getting the feeling something wants us to go to Sylthorn, who knows, if Diamont was here maybe Elizabeth is over there?" April offered, shrugging her shoulders. "and that's fair" she nodded to Diamont, knowing that she herself didn't know how to make a microwave.
"Maybe, but at the same time, Elizabeth seemed apprehensive towards Claire's things, so I doubt that would be the case."
"well at this point we are just wondering around..." April trailed off, curiously looking around
"Pretty much." Ella looked around.
Synthorn might feel more at homes for the girls with its modern design. Well, if they were born in steamy New York minus the cars. There were food carts, electronics on display, and Hornkin were playing arcade games (mostly mechanical ones such as pinball).

The girls ran into Claire again, who was now dressed modernly. "Well then. So, how are you enjoying the city?"
"Whoa, how did we get here so soon?" Ella asked. There was a short pause before Ella shook her head, brushing it off. "Right then. This place seems somewhat odd..."
"looks like someone brought steampunk to life" April chuckled as she explored, "its strangely ... pretty, in its own unique way, so I guess yeah, though I am curious to see the institute that devonn got his capture gear from" she mumbled the last part to herself.
Ella raised an eyebrow while looking at April. She heard that.
"Well, if you're interested...follow me." Claire would lead them to a warehouse. "Would you like to see the inside?"
"what? we are doing nothing else but wondering between the two towns" April shot back, looking away to hide her blush. "so what if I wanna explore a bit? if you wanna hunt down the town captains and talk to them, then I'll meet up with you shortly." she continued, following after Claire.
Claire ushered April in. Inside were a number of odd gadgets, though April recognized a familiar collar among them.

"This is one of the places we make and test human-hunting weapons." Claire explained, giving April a glance. "Of course, it wouldn't be good sport with Esylum to capture you during a test, so you'll be released after testing. So, any questions?"
Ella soon came in after the two. "Okay... This certainly looks odder than the stuff I've seen earlier." Ella looked around a bit, then turned to Claire. "Uh, when did you guys get trapped down here again?"

((Asking this because a lot of Synthorn tech looks like they're living in the year 1947.))
Claire rolled her eyes. "Long time ago, and while Synthorn is built with what the human memories call current, it does not mean that any technology we built has to be modeled after theirs."

Claire picked up a couple of restraints. "Okay, I feel that you're not thinking your questions through, so the next two questions are free. If you want to ask more, one of you gets bound for three more questions, and the other for the last two questions."
April glanced over to Ella "wouldn't it be obvious just from how the town looks that they'd have their own tech? might be similar sure, but they've been separated from humanity for a long time" she couldn't help but wonder out loud, as she stepped forward, shrugging her shoulders. "sounds fair, I mean I came here for that anyways so .... I got nothing on the mind right now, how about you?"
"Well, I should probably ask," Ella said. "Does Elizabeth ever come to this place given her and her town's apprehension towards this town's ideals?"
"Well, I got reports of an odd Hornkin matching her description wandering around a few mornings." Claire admitted. "She probably has the same reason as me, to see what the other culture has to offer."
"Mmm, I see..."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29