Bastian Fan-Boards

Full Version: Overbound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Harley was relieved she saw Lilith. It was a source of some similarity in the strange world. “Oh hey Lilith what are you doing here?”
Lilith turned around, seeing the two girls. "Ah, it's you two again. Well, I come here to work on the weekends."

Lilith shuffled her feet. "Um, I...Well, last time, you both kind of came in when I was hoping to capture one of you. I mean, I wasn't actually planning to turn you over, just wanted to see what it was like. Er, just forget what I said..."
April hummed curiously, joining the crowd to watch Skitts the Sensational and whatever show she was putting on, getting a room quickly put in the back of her mind. she tried to be as polite as possible while she shifted and wormed her way through the crowd, hoping to get a better view and cursing her short height. Not realizing she had made it to the front of the crowd until she felt someone bump into her, whether intentional or not, "epp!" she squeaked, stumbling forward to catch herself, and right next to Skitts.
"Don't worry about it," Ella replied. "I was able to talk him out of trying to swat us."
It's hard to see Lilith's face but there was a air of doubt about Ella's claim.  "At least neither of you got hurt badly."

Lilith seemed to be thinking of something, shaking her head a few times.

---

"Looks like we got ourselves a volunteer!  Hm..."  Skitts scrutinized April before digging into her pockets, pulling out a deck of cards.  "Alright, pick a card, and I'll know what it is without seeing it!"
"So, what's this place all about?" Ella asked.
Harley looked on in biwilderment , “looks like craft shop. Taken on knitting perhaps?”.
April blinked owlishly at Skitts, having expecting ... anything else really other then slight of hand and card trick, though she didn't voice her thoughts, simply biting her lip to keep herself quiet as she drew a card. "c-certainly"
"Well...it's pretty much that. Is there anything you want to..." Lilith realized a small flaw in her sales. "Ah, your human currency might not work here. But...I guess if you volunteer or sell something, I think you can earn enough Yrn to spend."

---

Skitts put her deck away. "Now...I'm seeing what your card is...without seeing its face. Is your card...the Bear of Pride?"
((I wonder if Skitts would realize that that doesn't exist in a deck of cards.))

"What would an agate geode get me?" Ella asked, pulling out a palm-sized geode from between her breasts. "I managed to find one climbing the mountain in the first place."
"it ..... is?" April blinked, her tone laced with confusion, more of the strange deck then anything, but she simply shrugged it off as some different between human and hornkin
Harley looked around and sighed. (thats okay im not buying anything just looking for something to get me outta here) . She then marveled at the geode the princess had.
"Er, rocks aren't worth anything. In fact, some see it as an insult of a gift." Lilith pointed out. "It's only because I know you're from above that I'll let it slide this once, but please consider where we live."

Come to think of it, the "sky" was somewhat white and blue, probably because it was lined with geodes.

What stands out in the store are wool sweaters and sturdy knitting needles. Other than that, there were scarves and cozies.

---

"Hm? That look on your face. You're probably thinking that I rigged the deck." Skitts accused April as she reached behind the human's ear. "Well, I can also materialize what you're thinking, and you're thinking off...what is this?"

Skitts pulled out a dildo.
"Really? Hmm, normally agates this size sold for $10 a piece where I'm from..." Ella replied.
"nope, just never seen a deck like th-h-hey!" April yelped out, her face practically exploding into a deep blush that would put tomatoes and 50 other shades of red to shame as she tried to swat the dildo away, stumbling a bit away from Skitts. "I w-wasn't thinking anything ab-about that! wh-why d-d-d-do you even have that"
Lilith sighed as Ella didn't put the rock away.  "Well, I already said that you can earn a few Yrn by volunteering.  Otherwise, there isn't really much you can do money-wise without getting into trouble with the law."

---

April might have heard a faint snicker behind her, but Skitts had a friendly chuckle.  "Oh, you obviously know what that is.  Don't worry, for even though I have this ability now, your secrets are your own.  Well, it's time for me to depart.  There are other venues to show off.  Tootles!"

And with that, Skitts vanished and the crowd dispersed.
"I suppose I can make a quick buck." Ella put the geode away.
"w-wah? hey you can't just, ugh!" April called out after skitts, her face still burning pink as she stormed out of the motel trying to hide her burning face, completely forgetting to get a room like she planned and instead, was focused on finding Skitt's once more, going around trying to find another one of her venues.
Harley questioned the hornkin. “What you want us to volunteer or start up a stand or…?”
"Well, with rumors of humans down here, people are saving up to buy restraints. So the manager figured we could try to join that market." Lilith pulled out what seems to be a wool sack with buttons in front. "Oh, and since we would have to replicate any successful ones, you don't have to worry about being bound for too long."

---

Hannah searched and searched until she eventually came upon a horizontal box on a wheeled table.

Ah, the red-scarved Hornkin was there as well among the small crowd. "Hey, April was it? Are you enjoying the show so far?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29